A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Oi!!

(Nice coach by the way - either Bachmann have vastly improved theirs or it's a Comet kit??)

Double Oi!!

It's a 5yr old Bachmann coach, but I've 'coloured in' the window recesses with a dark brown Staedtler pen to hide the thickness of the plastic.

I bet you're glad the lamp irons are moulded on.......

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's a 5yr old Bachmann coach, but I've 'coloured in' the window recesses with a dark brown Stabilo pen to hide the thickness of the plastic.

I bet you're glad the lamp irons are moulded on.......

It's the windows that really spoil the the Bachmann model and your pen trick has hidden this very well. 

• RMweb Gold

It's the windows that really spoil the the Bachmann model and your pen trick has hidden this very well.

It works well on the Bachmann Colletts too- so you might get hung on one of these if you mention Malachite Green again.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It works well on the Bachmann Colletts too- so you might get hung on one of these if you mention Malachite Green again.....

You were warned!

More colouring in, and the Staedtler pen, ( water soluble so you can wipe off mistakes with a moist finger )

If it the ink gets on the window edges it resembles the stains left by smokers!

post-21027-0-38799200-1487689469_thumb.jpg

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

A well known contributor to this thread has these two models for sale if anyone is interested by PM please.One is a BR black pannier from Bachmann.The other is from Kernow Models.

post-126-0-45758500-1487694607_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-13169900-1487694623_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob

A little bird tells me the flying banana from Dapol is coming in May.Not my bag but I hope they sell well.

I see Dapol's Talking Water Tower is also due at around the same time.....just the thing to enliven a remodelled Tigley Shed.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Premium

You were warned!

More colouring in, and the Staedtler pen, ( water soluble so you can wipe off mistakes with a moist finger )

If it the ink gets on the window edges it resembles the stains left by smokers!

But I've been well behaved today.

• RMweb Gold

But I've been well behaved today.

That's for your elders and betters to decide upon, Young Man.

You'll get proper good sorted out when the new post-Brexit Naughty Corner Complex is opened in a disused gravel pit near Reading, that's the truth an' no mistake there, Guv'nor.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's for your elders and betters to decide upon, Young Man.

You'll get proper good sorted out when the new post-Brexit Naughty Corner Complex is opened in a disused gravel pit near Reading, that's the truth an' no mistake there, Guv'nor.

Already there CK. Basingstoke :scared:

Philth

• RMweb Gold

Well, we had just recently come out of Europe in 1947 having freed it from the Germans.

Are you watching the new BBC drama SS GB.Set in 1941,a scenario where we lost the Battle of Britain and had German rule here. :O

Edited by gwrrob

Are you watching the new BBC drama SS GB.Set in 1941,a scenario where we lost the Battle of Britain and had Greman rule here. :O

Tried to but couldn't understand a word they were mumbling - the bits in German were clearer (and there were sub-titles).