DERBY Moorways Sports Centre 11 & 12 May

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Gold

We were actually two traders missing, RMLectronics (yard lamps etc) as Bob was taken into hospital Friday and Wealistic Models (weathered and renumbered locos) who simply didn't turn up. I don't know the details but I understand that contact was made with someone who said he must have forgotten to tell us he wasn't coming!! That left a 12ft space to fill just before we opened - this meant that Trackside Signs and Nick Tozer both got a bit more space but it doesn't compensate us for the loss of income.

Sorry to hear that you were let down, but it explains the amount of 'box shifting' going on.

• RMweb Premium

Very impressed with the feel of Newbryford (and it's yellow stock)

When we set the layout up, I was busy when it came to putting the stock on. By the time I got round to putting my stock on, there was only enough room for a two car 950001 and a 31 with three coaches.

I may have to rectify that Sunday.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

A few more images to try and tempt you there tomorrow

Micks Newbryford. ....... and its not Yellow

post-7289-0-89586900-1368311410.jpg

Cheltenham South

post-7289-0-05900700-1368311489.jpg

Meadow Lane TMD

post-7289-0-98423600-1368311538.jpg

A resplendent 6233 Duchess of Sutherland on Camden Shed

post-7289-0-36433100-1368311587.jpg

A couple from Raven Rock

post-7289-0-41820100-1368311656.jpg

post-7289-0-50961200-1368311688.jpg

A couple from an Australian Layout "Broadford"

post-7289-0-11399800-1368311719.jpg

post-7289-0-86085500-1368311816.jpg

I hope that has wetted your appetite to pay us a visit on Sunday.

• RMweb Gold

Another very enjoyable and well organised show.

We also had a great time last night in the centre of Derby and good accommodation arranged for us.

Thanks to the Derby for inviting us.

Now on the M1 heading South.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Against all odds and also 'cos we came home from Cornwall a day early I was given a pass out with the boys today :)

Great show as ever, a little light on O gauge, but that Turbomotive made up for it :)

Also had a long chat with Pete Harvey, and he showed me some developments for the Rail Grinder kit - it's looking VERY nice indeed .......

My first time exhibiting at Derby - an ecellent show, very well organised in all respects.

Many thanks to Alex, Mike and the team for a very enjoyable weekend.

Well done.

Good to see many familiar faces and to meet new ones - Bigandy and Cloggydog, nice to meet you both.

• RMweb Premium

From the New Bryford crew - A big thanks to the team, Alex, Paul, Mike and many others for another enjoyable weekend's exhibiting at Derby.

New Bryford mostly behaved itself and not too much yellow was used - although I did manage to sneak another set onto the layout on Sunday.......

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Ian, Ian, Nick and Mick for your kind comments - to us the way that we treat all our exhibitors is the way we have been running the Derby show for over 30 years and we almost always get these positive comments with so many wanting to come back with other layouts and I know that Alex has some lined up already for next year. We got away from the clubrooms at 8.00 to night but Paul and Alex still have the barriers to return to Stafford in the morning. The table collection lorry arrived early and there were several traders still packing away so we all helped as best we could to load up the 100 tables and chairs we had hired, then loaded two vans with the barriers and we were away from Moorways while one trader was still loading his car two and half hours after we closed!

The new catering arrangements went very well and they sold out of almost everything and the refreshments area looked busy for most of the time. Not finalised the details yet but we were all rather disappointed that the attendance was down a bit on last year although financially it was still a success.

Looking forward to getting more feedback (good or bad!) and seeing more photos.

Thanks to all those who attended - next time bring a friend!!

Mike

Sorry to hear the attendance was down. Those who did not attend missed a great show. My daughter enjoyed it when we made a return visit today after my wife asked me to take her out of the way whilst she did the cleaning!

Really enjoyable weekend, and a first for me exhibiting my own layout instead of being on a trade stand or being part of 'team Aberdeen Kirkhill'. Experienced a few small teething problems with the layout in it's first show scenario as is to be expected, but nothing that detracted from a great weekend. 

As one of the MMRG I suppose I am biased but I thought the show was excellent.  The work done by the organising committee ensured that it went  smoothly and the feedback I got from the public (I was on the exit door) was very favourable, several said it was the best one this year!  I'm looking forward to our October Club show when I'll get to do some driving.

Terry McD

• RMweb Gold

The one thing I do like about the venue and the way it is organised is that there is plenty of space both for the viewers in the aisles and also we had plenty of space behind the layout - this really does make life easier both setting up and operating during the show.

We were a little concerned parking on the grass during the wet weather (as our car is quite large and heavy - we have been partially stuck before at other venues) but the ground there is pretty good so our vehicle was fine getting off on Sunday evening.

Ian

I'd like to echo the praise of the MMRG team ... always a great atmosphere and a joy to be at the show.  Due to unforeseen circumstances I was without my usual assistant this weekend but Alex and team ensured the weekend went smoothly for me and the assistance loading my van in the rain at the end of the show was much appreciated ... thanks.

• RMweb Premium

As one of the MMRG I suppose I am biased but I thought the show was excellent.  The work done by the organising committee ensured that it went  smoothly and the feedback I got from the public (I was on the exit door) was very favourable, several said it was the best one this year!  I'm looking forward to our October Club show when I'll get to do some driving.

Terry McD

Hi Terry - good to find you here. Pleased to hear that there was good feedback from those leaving the show particularly those who thought it was the best yet . . . . . of course we are allowed to be a bit biased in our thinking - after all we can't put all that effort in and then say it's not good enough!! As one of our chief scenic technicians (how about that for a job title) I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on the new layout at the October show.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

I would like to add my thanks and appreciation of a great weekend and another well organised and balanced exhibition by Alex and all the Derby exhibition team and of course all there members.

Looking forward to 2014

Best Wishes

Eltel. (Terry)

Hi Guys, A really great show again and I had a wonderful day on Saturday helping Nick run Hallsdorf, it was a joy to operate and he had lots of favorable comments so thanks Nick for the invite, most enjoyable.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Hugh Flynn and his little layout Alford Road was very inspirational  and looked just right.

Lots of really good layouts and a great selection of traders just waiting to relieve you of your money.

Cheers again.

Andy

Archived