I often overlook the passenger trains on Melangoose. We typically have a Devon and Cornwall 153 which is used the most with an occasional Wessex Trains 150 (which I created back in 2014). The unit that we had before the WT150 was a Regional Railways 150 with a Wessex Trains Patch over the old branding. These were common in the South West 2000-2003 before the colourfull pictorial Wessex Trains livery. I am sad to admit that mine has never been out of the stock box since having the snazzy WT150.

So it was over due a clean and will see service at the weekend.

818DA514-B3AD-47B3-A2B4-239C83BB781C.png

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

I often overlook the passenger trains on Melangoose. We typically have a Devon and Cornwall 153 which is used the most with an occasional Wessex Trains 150 (which I created back in 2014). The unit that we had before the WT150 was a Regional Railways 150 with a Wessex Trains Patch over the old branding. These were common in the South West 2000-2003 before the colourfull pictorial Wessex Trains livery. I am sad to admit that mine has never been out of the stock box since having the snazzy WT150.

So it was over due a clean and will see service at the weekend.

Very nice.

Next you will be running NSE stock, now theres an idea with matching 50?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Chris,

hope you do.  I was really quite taken with your layout from this picture: I would like to know more.  Very clever indeed and has given me a few ideas for a plank I happen to have waiting in the garage for inspiration (where it has been sat for a while!).

Best wishes,

Paul

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've admired Melangoose for some time but Platform 7 has got me intrigued. Is the track plan simply 4 parallel tracks without any points?

The layout looks great.

I've looked at 'Modelling the British Rail Era', there is a layout plan called 'Eastoke' but it has much more track and points.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks

I have had to cancel Melangoose appearance at the Derby show as my wife broke her ankle last week. It is a discussion that I did not take lightly as I can appreciate the work that goes into setting up a large model railway exhibition, like the Derby show. But my family must come first. Alex the manager was very understanding and we will be there in 2020.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks, Had an hour or so running Melangoose the other night (x3 China Clay trains on the layout).  It’s always good fun running trains and shunting on the layout.

Have had an invitation to the Woking show in September, so looking forward to a nice weekend after the summer.

787FA5F1-BCF6-4431-B546-1AC50BC213C9.jpeg

0BEE81C7-D03C-441C-B3D5-412594EA8D8B.jpeg

F76685E6-2DD9-46B3-BB4C-F8FBC8E7DFEF.jpeg

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Hi Nigel

Firstly is  Sue now ok now after breaking her ankle ?

Note that you had to rebook Derby for 2020 with Melangoose.

Im also at Derby in 2020 with Camel Quay

Regards 

Terry 

800224DD-886F-42CB-A17F-DE89E59B6A4D.jpeg

8DABD35C-DE82-4BC0-A4C5-26E45000BBD7.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...