Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

If you have the slightest tendency towards the music of Queen, I can recommend "We Will Rock You"

Cheers,

Mick

it ended in may!

might have a look at "dirty rotten scoundrels", there is not much on on a sunday to be honest, there is always "war horse" on monday though

• RMweb Gold

just a couple from today, all the good pics are on the camera so i will have to wait til i get home to upload them...

had to go to battersea to assist with a run round this morning, jumped on the train in wandsworth rd then it ran into a run round loop just beyond stewarts lane depot (next to the dogs home) before setting off to london bridge retracing its route to denmark hill then heading off through peckham etc, i can honestyl say i didnt have a clue where i was so just as well i wasn't driving!!

04F9CF6C-8E06-4B07-B66C-A048A8F4D4D8.jpg

697E5369-5FB6-4DDD-87AD-9B34EC1D949D.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Ha ha, this show is brilliant, 1/2 time interval at the mo, we are upto the sgt peppers era so far

They allow cameras while the show is on and you can tweet requests etc and everyone (ie those with replacement joints) are up dancing in the isles and clapping along

9D2662B3-9AA8-42E0-BB1E-1F80E978DCDF.jpg

Thoroughly recommended

Sorry for the thread diversion but i dont get out much to things that arent child orientated!!

Edited by big jim
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Really enjoyed that!

The guy playing george harrison can sure play the guitar, he did a solo of "as my guitar gently weeps" which just blew me away

And of course an encore of "hey jude"

Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.........

Edited by big jim
  • Like 4

just a couple from today, all the good pics are on the camera so i will have to wait til i get home to upload them...

had to go to battersea to assist with a run round this morning, jumped on the train in wandsworth rd then it ran into a run round loop just beyond stewarts lane depot (next to the dogs home) before setting off to london bridge retracing its route to denmark hill then heading off through peckham etc, i can honestyl say i didnt have a clue where i was so just as well i wasn't driving!!

04F9CF6C-8E06-4B07-B66C-A048A8F4D4D8.jpg

697E5369-5FB6-4DDD-87AD-9B34EC1D949D.jpg

So many sidings and run rounds at Stewarts Lane / Battersea in the 80s, quite a few of them lost to the undergrowth even back then. Being at Norwood, I signed this area and even I didn't know where the Hell I was half the time. Nice to see something still exists.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Tonights west end show is dirty rotten scoundrels, however book of mormon do a daily lottery to win one of 21 £150 front row seat for £20 so ive entered that, costs nowt to enter so worth a go

94259A88-4417-4CD7-B13F-05FC6B11FDF9.jpg

Wish me luck, will know in 20 mins

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

1/2 time in the show, im slightly drunk as im not working tomorrow and thoroughly enjoying it, not many musicals can get the line "i have maggots in my $crotum" in a number but they have managed it somehow

Edited by big jim

• RMweb Gold

The show was just amazing, so pleased to have got the front row seat for it

What actually happened was my name never got called out but the girl who won the last single ticket needed two, i was stood waiting for the return ticket queue to open and i spotted her discussing with her boyfriend what to do and ended up buying the ticket off her, was a bit worried about getting in as it had her name on it but it was fine!

Im just on my way upto scotland for what i would normally call a 'well deserved break' but to be honest i feel like ive just had one and would be happy to stay in work

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I was on a london bus this morning!!

As the train was full and standing from euston the guard let those standing sit in 1st class which was a nice bonus

E139B6AD-6AA0-4893-ACF1-FEBD2650C847.jpg

Just discovered the holiday camp were in up here is next to a railway line, and looking at RTT there are lots of coal trains booked passed there, longthannett, kilwinning etc, wonder if the van has a view of the line?

Edited by big jim
  • Like 8

I remember leaving Glasgow for London, steam hauled express but using suburban stock...luckily we had a compartment to ourselves. My brother and I could pee out of the door window. My Mother was in a bad way by the time we arrived at Crewe (or wherever - it was a bloody long way). The joys of late fifties BR.....

Best, Pete.

PS They did change the stock at Crewe.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Had a bit of a wander from the caravan earlier to the bridge spanning the railway line, quite a busy line, passenger train every 30 mins (class 380) to either ardrossan harbour or largs and a couple of coal trains an hour too

Got there just i time to see a pair of 57s on a hunterston to sellafield flask train, got a few piccies but again they are on the proper camera so will have to wait til i get home to post them on here

Going to have a trip on the train into Glasgow tomorrow i recon, to to the science centre

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Went to the riverside museum in glasgow today, a good day out, lots for the kids to see and do, having read the reviews on trip advisor i didnt know what to expect really, some bits were a bit strange like the 'wall of cars' where tge cars are displayed on plinths on a huge wall so you cant get up close and all you can see of the higher cars are the undersides!!

A few locos in there, quite enjoyed the 1930s subway car though, didnt realise the glasgow subway was worked by the trains 'grabbing' a continuously running 5 mile long cable to move and letting go of it to stop!!

9058F303-B45B-4FE4-A190-31382848DBAE.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

It was a good day out, as i say trip advisor had mixed reviews but i really liked it, there is a tall ship outside that you can also go on, the kids really enjoyed that, exploring all the decks

We caught the train from stevenston into glasgow and as it was off peak the kids travelled free, had we visited the science centre i stead they would have got free entry to there with the rail tickets too but we never made it there because of the time

• Like 1