Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Those Lions look so sad now they are hidden away ☹️

they looked quite happy a few years back when someone painted their claws pink 

• Like 1

Interesting to see the rescue move as a Class 1 rather than Class 0 (if I’m interpreting the diagram correctly), but I suppose that’s consistent with the traditional ‘train going to clear the line’ being Class 1. 
Your trainee will have enjoyed the unusual moves I’m sure!

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, BR traction instructor said:

it makes sure that everyone involved understands the urgency of its progress and purpose.

you’d think that wouldn’t you!

45 mins to get from basford hall north end to departing the station heading south

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice pics of the pair of F-35's I believe there was an emergency landing after a few passes in the Mach Loop with one of those over the weekend as they're both from US Air force. 

I like the shot of the now preserved signal at Oxley.

Cheers 

Colin 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, CovDriver said:

Nice pics of the pair of F-35's I believe there was an emergency landing after a few passes in the Mach Loop with one of those over the weekend as they're both from US Air force. 

Cheers 

Colin 

I'm told it was a diversion training landing at Valley

• RMweb Gold

The line is under a possession from Coventry to International, it's a shame I'm off trains currently as it would be an easy couple of days of work ahead. But I may be back in from Thursday next week as I've got an additional medical on Tuesday. 

I might come out with the proper camera if I get a chance. 

Cheers 

Colin 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 21/04/2024 at 22:37, big jim said:

The boards were at Ty-Croes where we had to wait for a while before being able to leave 

IMG_5870.jpeg

The signal box is only a crossing box now, not a block box so the section across Anglesey is from gaerwen to valley 

IMG_5876.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

IMG_5873.jpeg

We then set off for the possession boards at Bangor and as we were a bit early we had the chance of a quick stop on the Britannia bridge for a pic!

IMG_5880.jpeg

Don’t get a chance to get a pic like this every day!

IMG_5877.jpeg

They finally got the toilet working at Ty Croes then?

Your picture of the lion is much better than mine IMG_2865.jpeg.e70d81aa52f0226aba537ced3d4c8435.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, CovDriver said:

The line is under a possession from Coventry to International, it's a shame I'm off trains currently as it would be an easy couple of days of work ahead. But I may be back in from Thursday next week as I've got an additional medical on Tuesday. 

I might come out with the proper camera if I get a chance. 

Cheers 

Colin 

I’ve not properly looked at the diagram or ballast notice yet but I’ve got to go to fenny compton to run round via dorridge before heading back along the branch and entering the possession from the Coventry end 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

When I last saw Shrewsbury it needed the weedsprayer in the platforms.

Jonathan

Looking at Jim's photos the weed killer is also required at Bangor and Chester.   Sure sign the ballast needs a good clean!

Edited by dunwurken
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not sure if this is the right place to ask. What makes an 805 different from an 802, and an 807 different from an 801?

Wondering if it's necessary to create new class numbers for what looks like very similar units.