Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Jaz and Kal, Happy New Year. Sorry to read about your adverse reaction to the pills - hope all is good now. I have just enjoyed catching up on the 14 pages you managed to add since I departed before Christmas! As usual some inspirational details in those town scenes. I particularly liked the Christmas scenes and tree, but the puddles stand out as the highlight. Anything you do with water and reflections always turns out brilliantly. Looking forward to more fantastic photographs and posts in 2015.

A'int the pill's,  must be     these 

I would walk her more if she didn't wrench my shoulder out of the socket.....or run onto other people's fields. you honestly would think she had more than enough space in her own garden

Looks like you need to get some.....more.........Landfill   in,                     Oh, and I would have it "Ringed Fenced", to stop Pirate's.

shutterstock_809831501.jpg

Edited by David Todd

We are a chocolate free zone, I am going shopping today for diet food

Salad Caesar sauce bacon chicken chilli croutons....it does work

Jacket potatoes cheese cottage cheese eaten with fried lamb chops or steak BUT no burgers grills or sausages

Home made chicken fried rice, boiled and chicken cooked in soy sauce light, with chicken in breadcrumbs...yes really and dipping sauces.....

White bread and sugar are now no go areas

Omolettes....with SMALL amount of salami bacon etc and side salad

Luckily I like all the raw veggies......

However there are two family birthdays in January and that will mean......Chinese........ok what is the lowest calories Chinese takeaway dish you can think of ;p

• Like 1

We are a chocolate free zone, I am going shopping today for diet food

Salad Caesar sauce bacon chicken chilli croutons....it does work

Jacket potatoes cheese cottage cheese eaten with fried lamb chops or steak BUT no burgers grills or sausages

Home made chicken fried rice, boiled and chicken cooked in soy sauce light, with chicken in breadcrumbs...yes really and dipping sauces.....

White bread and sugar are now no go areas

Omolettes....with SMALL amount of salami bacon etc and side salad

Luckily I like all the raw veggies......

However there are two family birthdays in January and that will mean......Chinese........ok what is the lowest calories Chinese takeaway dish you can think of ;p

Ok,  so that's the dog's taken care of,,,,,,,,,,,,

What yous, gonna eat           :scratchhead:

Looks like you need to get some..............Landfill   in,                     Oh, and I would have it "Ringed Fenced", to stop Pirate's.

shutterstock_809831501.jpg

We have dykes......and two dobermanns........I'd say repelling boarders would not be difficult......find some pigs to feed the remains to might be harder......I wonder if we should take up breeding pigs........angel........NOT......hehe.......(in case you don't get the pig reference we watched a western series where they fed dead bodies to pigs to get rid of the evidence.....can they test sausages for DNA?))

And....and.....my brother bought me some 50 year old air fix figures to paint circa 1964 somewhat brittle plastic......but we are not just talking humans......oooooh no.......watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

We have dykes......and two dobermanns........I'd say repelling boarders would not be difficult......find some pigs to feed the remains to might be harder......I wonder if we should take up breeding pigs........angel........NOT......hehe.......(in case you don't get the pig reference we watched a western series where they fed dead bodies to pigs to get rid of the evidence.....can they test sausages for DNA?))

Will, delay my next visit, for a year or two then........... :O

• RMweb Gold

And....and.....my brother bought me some 50 year old air fix figures to paint circa 1964 somewhat brittle plastic......but we are not just talking humans......oooooh no.......watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jaz, I have/had some 50years plus Airfix figures to say that they are brittle is an understatement, you only have to stare at them and bits drop off, this is why I never look in a mirror.

All the best counting my bits Adrian. 

An RMweb friend has a new thread, and is struggling with the basics. I just put up a link on how to link your thread. 

BUT another thing we do is add subtitles......now I can't talk you thru this one, as I am not AVs thread owner BUT...I can point you in the right direction.

If you are a thread owner and wish to do subtitles, for updates, hopefully announcing something of interest......

you need to go to the FIRST post of your own thread and select FULL EDIT. 

There are more options there which I know include the subtitle.

I do have a thread somewhere....LOL....and could go to MY PROFILE and find it......

this being the way I find other peoples threads......

I believe, adding a link, updating the subtitles...do remember to press the save button after you typed or it does not update......are useful tools. I believe Andy Y has set up something on the first page of RMweb to help....but not being our layout owner....I have to go nag him to do these things....ROFL.

• Like 1

An RMweb friend has a new thread, and is struggling with the basics. I just put up a link on how to link your thread. 

BUT another thing we do is add subtitles......now I can't talk you thru this one, as I am not AVs thread owner BUT...I can point you in the right direction.

If you are a thread owner and wish to do subtitles, for updates, hopefully announcing something of interest......

you need to go to the FIRST post of your own thread and select FULL EDIT. 

There are more options there which I know include the subtitle.

I do have a thread somewhere....LOL....and could go to MY PROFILE and find it......

this being the way I find other peoples threads......

I believe, adding a link, updating the subtitles...do remember to press the save button after you typed or it does not update......are useful tools. I believe Andy Y has set up something on the first page of RMweb to help....but not being our layout owner....I have to go nag him to do these things....ROFL.

Shame,   ipads cannot do,   comprehension . :drag: 

About RMweb

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 1

Sorry to add a tangent, Jaz, I was wondering how you planned the new town?

Was it simply positioning things where they might fit and shuffling until they looked right or did you sit and plan where roads were going to go first?

The shape is odd as it is balanced over the top of Kalborough main station, so the shape came first.....

I HATE messing with ideas on computers......

and though i like drawing out some ideas......

i do get annoyed if i find a 'perfect' idea and it actually does not work......

so as you say i gathered the buildings together. then the road at the back had to come from there, there is two slopes at the front, which you can't see at the moment, and if we can fit it in road will runto another scenic area along side the railway track. 

I just had to put some buildings in slant it, see which had good detailing to be close, which had bad detailing so far away, then jiggled it until i got something i felt would work.

I wanted side roads, and curves not straights, this is not the good ol' US of A on grids. Nope our roads meander mindlessly....

I wanted several spots for photographing, so a back road, a side road and the T fitted, 

The shops mostly worked asap, some had to move around do that sat nicely together, 

rules is rules, and certain building look better apart, so once you know that you know what can come together. And the ones with poor back dealing ended up i the tighter spots. So mostly with those rules in my head most of the buildings could only work where they ended up.

Plus I often dream about problems I am having and I designed the courtyard in my sleep literally. In fact my dream wa much better than the reality.....butluckily I can't pop it up so you can see that my design is a bit second rate LOL.

• Like 2

Oh yes and depth of pavement for bus stops, and space for road bits and pieces, everything was tested, even the narrow roads and pavements need a pram to get though. People to walk mostly in at least pairs. And where ever possible get in some 3 storey buildings. Some models are just too big or too small when side by side and have to go elsewhere.

OK......I have painted 3 figures today.........

and these are big bottomed girls.....oh actually the really big bum must be a boy.....the teeth being the give away........

made you look....made you stare......made you think what the 'ell is she talking a bout........

first off I would like you blokes to consider buying your other halves chocolates......

why???? you ask?

THIS is why.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_535134.jpg3862

The owner of Ferrero Rocher is probably a railway fanatic and needed something to keep his bits in.....and designed accordingly.....clevvvvver...

• Like 5

purchased circa 1964.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_134496.jpgrmweb3863figures

the one to the left painted today, the one to the right painted 50 years a go both in Humbol.....I prefer acrylics.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_130274.jpg3864

you COULD stop here......

but why not.....add shadows....

med_gallery_17883_3112_457682.jpg3865

and highlights.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_234531.jpg38656

do the highlights look a bit sandy???

med_gallery_17883_3112_247619.jpg3867

heres a n originallllll......

480px-Loxodonta_africana_-_old_bull_%28Nen.wickipedia.org

• Like 9

Have you seen Foster Street's (grim up north topic) elephant train?

I hadn't!!!! I just googled...impressed.....as i have two elephants I wonder if I can get hold of Circus wagons......

Well I am clearly NOT the first with

1. an elephant

nor

2. a rhinoceros I have seen THAT thread LOL.....they have imense fun with it

so how about.........

I hadn't!!!! I just googled...impressed.....as i have two elephants I wonder if I can get hold of Circus wagons...

The one worrying thing about RMweb is the amount of wonderful things that can pop-up and suck you in!  :O Life's too short :(

Hal

EDIT. Oops! should have double-quoted. google: Foster Street, Grim up North*

*You aware of this, Sasquatch?

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

a new Roo idea.......a Kangeroo........ :jester: ........ok ok terrible pun........... :angel:

med_gallery_17883_3112_236395.jpg3868figures

I swear the colour is NOT yellow!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3112_259130.jpg3869

and my elephant is much closer to the picture, but i will add a touch of brown anyways......

any way back to Roos

mixed while wet

med_gallery_17883_3112_329581.jpg3870

med_gallery_17883_3112_279268.jpg3871

med_gallery_17883_3112_236164.jpg3872

med_gallery_17883_3112_344656.jpg3873

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

And for those who think a red kangaroo just isn't right as you usually see the grey ones over here...being smaller....but we will ignore that point....

every good 1960s circus should have.....a boxing ring.......

med_gallery_17883_3112_274301.jpg3874

the plastic being so old i did not think heating it to try to adjust the pose was advisable......

2011-05-04_1832_01fighting_red_kangarooslatitude38.com

• Like 3