Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Wow Jaz,

Late to this as usual but completely blown away by the amount of work you've accomplished in the last year, even with a couple of dramas due to illness!

Lots of great and original ideas, wondering now what you'll come up with next?

Kind regards,

Jock.

Ah to be fair, I realised i had used pictures that were unto two years old.......got a little carried away.....

• Like 1

I need to get busy to get rd of the extra pounds......there is not much chocolate left.......anywhere.......not in this vicinity,

milk with nuts...check

plain.....check

white......yummy.......

Yes Aldi and Lidl must have made a fortune on their choke sales......I love foreign chocolate.....particularly Lindt it like liquid silk.......rats.......ooooh

there might be a chocolate digestive left........see you later..........nfff naff nnnnfffffff ........ :sungum:

Micks weakness is Vodka......mine is chocolate......luckily it does not give me spots or acne.......cos i would have a pizza face ;p Kal likes a bacon sarnie.....

chocolate fudge cake shaped like a log and cream, profiteroles, pavlova with raspberrys no chocolate for a change......did consider buying the Swedish Daim cake but only i like it.......not that I would call that a particular problem ;) Oh and some mini belgian ice-creams in chocolate......

I wonder.....maybe I should make a chocolate shop........when i was on holiday in Italy whilst still at college I visited the same chocolate shop everyday for a chocolate drink and a slice of cake for breakfast.......the tutor caught on and joined me for italian donuts which she dipped in her hot chocolate.......... by the end of the first week everyone had abandoned the hotel breakfast and was squeezing in to the chocolate shop.....some i believe were managing both......I was good one breakfast was enough for me. :angel: ........ :jester:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

They are! and they brew some really good stuff.

We went to an abbey once where on a Saturday morning some where around 10 give or take 3/4 of an hour the gates are opened and 5 to 15 crates of their brew is sold to those waiting. One crate each for the first in line. Heavenly   stuff! I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. To tell the truth I can't remember much after drinking a couple of those! :drink_mini:

• Like 1

Great sets of pictures as usual!

attachicon.gifbelgian-chocolates.jpg

Have you ever been to Belgium? The chocolate shops and Trappist bars are to die for this place sells about 200 different kinds.

attachicon.gifhet-bierhuis-aan-de-waterkant.jpg

I have holidayed with the school in Brugges, we stayed in a Convent. I was 16, one time we got back too late for the curfew....and the front door was locked......a young nun waves to us over the wall.....and we had to run round the back where she let the 6 of us in. I thought at the time we were lucky....but I suspect they knew exactly how many were in and how many out, and she got the 'night' job of letting in the miscreants who turned up late.

And although Swiss chocolate is my first love, belgian chocolate is ok....but british chocolate (or it was british) is better.....as I like dark and white better than milk. I have bought chocolate from some very expensive places, Harrods, and other similar places, but my brother swears the kilos (it was a massive lump I bought back in a biscuit tin) of white from Rome was the best. They had loads of slabs with many flavours and you could try different ones before you buy :), but their plain white chocolate was divine. I used to love Thorntons hand made chocolates, but don't see them anymore. And Kal loved the 3 hazelnuts on a peanut butter brittle in the Black Magic but they stupidly down marketed them selves to cream pastes so I don't but them any more. I may not be a connoisseur of chocolate.......BUT.....sitting in a Paris pavement coffee shop with a coffee, a Marc and a 3 small delectable handmade chocies looking at the Iffel Tower have just queued for what seemed like forever to see the Louvre is still a highlight.

Most of my holidays as a teenager and as a young adult involved History visits or Art museums and  chocolate . The wishing well in Rome when I went was empty and being cleaned for maintenance...and i have never been back. My parents like visiting Castles and Roman ruins, Portmareion was a favourite.......and we used to holiday with our tent then our little caravan around the UK visiting  much of the historical venues. One time my dad had bought me a bar of rum and raisin chocolate....something to do with pirates? It was sold in the shops Cadburys perhaps. And I was walking ahead of them when someone tried to pinch it from my back pocket......which on reflection is a stupid place to keep chocolate.......but anyway the 'pick pocket' got a big scare when my dad ran up just as they reached out......and we still got to eat the chocolate. We were near Bakewell at the time......

• Like 6

Why ?              has your snow melted, already ?

I managed to fill the freezer with lots of bread and goodies, And things that last a long time like salamis and jellies and custard you can make from the cupboard items, the pavlova is still intact in the freezer....(the choke choccie items are all gone) and we have supplemented eating wit takeaways......my son has been sent on milk forays. but we are very low on toilet paper....and I think I really will have to go shopping, and perhaps investigate the January sales.........poor Kal... :O ...... :jester:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Or...persons;, living in               Oregon,  (without an e,on the end).

Orangutan? As many people who have claimed to see Sasquatch have mentioned reddish hair. This is a serious subject, there are pictures out there that do make you wonder.

Not dissimilar to our black cat sightings on the moors. I did wonder if some had seen an escaped / released zoo animal. Or from a private collection. They are pretty big.

I managed to fill the freezer with lots of bread and goodies, And things that last a long time like salamis and jellies and custard you can make from the cupboard items, the pavlova is still intact in the freezer....(the choke choccie items are all gone) and we have supplemented eating wit takeaways......my son has been sent on milk forays. but we are very low on toilet paper....and I think I really will have to go shopping, and perhaps investigate the January sales.........poor Kal... :O ...... :jester:

Where you live, you could, "pick your own", Winter vegetables,  or does Green's, not appear, on your, palate

I lurve lindt!  :yes:

Hal. 

go to the front page of your thread

go to the first post

on the right hand side of the post is hash sign 1 >...right click on it and select copy link

than paste it in you r signature in your profile, and remember to save.

the following link takes you to page one of AV where I have written it down to save writing it out all the time in full.......

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/72163-arboretum-valley-i-dont-have-snow-body/&do=findComment&comment=1053327

go to the front page of your thread

go to the first post

on the right hand side of the post is hash sign 1 >...right click on it and select copy link

than paste it in you r signature in your profile, and remember to save.

the following link takes you to page one of AV where I have written it down to save writing it out all the time in full.......

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/72163-arboretum-valley-i-dont-have-snow-body/&do=findComment&comment=1053327

:O.      So that's how you get,   Lindt,............  Home Delivery     :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Where you live, you could, "pick your own", Winter vegetables,  or does Green's, not appear, on your, palate

I love fruit and veg, brussels, swede, parsnips, kumquats, baked marrow, .....cant stand butter beans tho, and broad beans arnt much better. Love peas and green beans. Sweetcorn with pepper, sag aloo, jacket potatoes, chip shop chips and mushy peas........roast dinner and all the bits yorkshire pudding, paxo stuffing, (tried plenty of fancy ones always go back to paxo) falafel for the veggies always end up on our plates too, and a good meat gravy, and a cheese sauce with chives...home made with a strong cheese and mustard (dijon) wine might end up in the gravy but is not essential. To be honest since wine is now near to the price of a bottle of spirits I don't bother so much. And the only time i tried a 'good' champagne I did not like it have no palette I prefer cocktails with lashings of lemonade or fruit juice. Pimms with cucumber and citrus slices.(one way to get the Vit C in.....hehe)

You could take a dusk walk and bring back the veggies, the farmers might not be impressed. Although two have given me permission to help myself. We have grown plenty,

tomatoes,cucumbers,peppers,chillis,grapes (there are still going strong despite being left in peace....the blackbirds eat most of them) lettuce,courgettes,marrows (sometimes from the same plant LOL) chard, , celery, potatoes,carrots, spring onions, an exotic fruit or two, an orange ball in a chinese lantern paper cover, come to mind. And despite i don't do the greenhouse thing in the last few years....the trees still provide

pears,apples,quince,medlars (no one is willing to wait for them to rot after a frost tho) almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, balckcurrents, red currents, white currents, cherries (the birds always get there first) a handful of exotic trees, mulberry (only one or two fruits a year) sweetchesnuts, de nancys, greengages, apricots, and small peach some years, sloes, pine seeds (not that I found any yet) and a few that don't come to mind. There are also some horseradish plants a bout (not to be confused with dock leaves as thy don't cure stinging nettles!!!!) and some weeds which were one staple diet in the middle ages. And a number of medicinal trees....well ordinary trees but useful for medicine....have you ever wondered where aspirin comes from???? Anyway barks and roots are useful too. Oh and blackberries.....we got a LOT of blackberries. OK I can bore for Britain lol.

• Like 3

Is that why   .......   :scratchhead:  ......

I love fruit and veg, brussels, swede, parsnips, kumquats, baked marrow, ######.....cant stand butter beans tho, and broad beans arnt much better. Love peas and green beans. Sweetcorn with pepper, sag aloo, jacket potatoes, chip shop chips and mushy peas........roast dinner and all the bits yorkshire pudding, paxo stuffing, (tried plenty of fancy ones always go back to paxo) falafel for the veggies always end up on our plates too, and a good meat gravy, and a cheese sauce with chives...home made with a strong cheese and mustard (dijon) wine might end up in the gravy but is not essential. To be honest since wine is now near to the price of a bottle of spirits I don't bother so much. And the only time i tried a 'good' champagne I did not like it have no palette I prefer cocktails with lashings of lemonade or fruit juice. Pimms with cucumber and citrus slices.(one way to get the Vit C in.....hehe)

You could take a dusk walk and bring back the veggies, the farmers might not be impressed. Although two have given me permission to help myself. We have grown plenty,

tomatoes,cucumbers,peppers,chillies,grapes (there are still going strong despite being left in peace....the blackbirds eat most of them) lettuce,courgettes,marrows (sometimes from the same plant LOL) chard, ######, celery, potatoes,carrots, spring onions, an exotic fruit or two, an orange ball in a chinese lantern paper cover, come to mind. And despite i don't do the greenhouse thing in the last few years....the trees still provide

pears,apples,quince,medlars (no one is willing to wait for them to rot after a frost tho) almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, blackcurrents, red currents, white currents, cherries (the birds always get there first) a handful of exotic trees, mulberry (only one or two fruits a year) sweetchesnuts, de nancys, greengages, apricots, and small peach some years, sloes, pine seeds (not that I found any yet) and a few that don't come to mind. There are also some horseradish plants a bout (not to be confused with dock leaves as thy don't cure stinging nettles!!!!) and some weeds which were one staple diet in the middle ages. And a number of medicinal trees....well ordinary trees but useful for medicine....have you ever wondered where aspirin comes from???? Anyway barks and roots are useful too. Oh and blackberries.....we got a LOT of blackberries. OK I can bore for Britain lol.

...................     Astronauts found Blackbird droppings when they got to the Moon  .......   :stinker:    ......    :jester:

I need to get busy to get rd of the extra pounds......there is not much chocolate left.......anywhere.......not in this vicinity,

milk with nuts...check

plain.....check

white......yummy.......

Yes Aldi and Lidl must have made a fortune on their choke sales......I love foreign chocolate.....particularly Lindt it like liquid silk.......rats.......ooooh

there might be a chocolate digestive left........see you later..........nfff naff nnnnfffffff ........ :sungum:

Micks weakness is Vodka......mine is chocolate......luckily it does not give me spots or acne.......cos i would have a pizza face ;p Kal likes a bacon sarnie.....

chocolate fudge cake shaped like a log and cream, profiteroles, pavlova with raspberrys no chocolate for a change......did consider buying the Swedish Daim cake but only i like it.......not that I would call that a particular problem ;) Oh and some mini belgian ice-creams in chocolate......

I wonder.....maybe I should make a chocolate shop........when i was on holiday in Italy whilst still at college I visited the same chocolate shop everyday for a chocolate drink and a slice of cake for breakfast.......the tutor caught on and joined me for italian donuts which she dipped in her hot chocolate.......... by the end of the first week everyone had abandoned the hotel breakfast and was squeezing in to the chocolate shop.....some i believe were managing both......I was good one breakfast was enough for me. :angel: ........ :jester:

Jaz's challenge for 2015.

Make a model of a chocolate shop including the interior out of chocolate. Scale not important

• Like 1

SSSSSSsssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make a model of a chocolate shop including the interior out of chocolate. Scale not important

.......................................................................................................       Unfair   .......    :O  :O  :O  :O  :O  :O

Jaz and Kal, Happy New Year. Sorry to read about your adverse reaction to the pills - hope all is good now. I have just enjoyed catching up on the 14 pages you managed to add since I departed before Christmas! As usual some inspirational details in those town scenes. I particularly liked the Christmas scenes and tree, but the puddles stand out as the highlight. Anything you do with water and reflections always turns out brilliantly. Looking forward to more fantastic photographs and posts in 2015.

the BIGGER the better LOL

edit....you know it will NEVER get finished either ROFL.

Edited by Jaz