with black tipped horns and some shadows and black tipped eyes

med_gallery_17883_3112_255303.jpg3882

the photograph shows the patches don't  cause enough white lines

med_gallery_17883_3112_254875.jpg3883

med_gallery_17883_3112_371557.jpg3884

so some touch ups

med_gallery_17883_3112_472172.jpg3885

med_gallery_17883_3112_146489.jpg3886

still some pits to fill out and make the white lines between patches.....

• Like 7

I'm reminded of a time, way back in the seventies, when the Fire Brigade were called in to help. A male giraffe, mating, had splayed his legs sideways and was lying belly down on the ground. Several attempts to lift him were made, over a day or so, but if I recall correctly, the ultimate result was not good... :(

It was front page in all the papers, and TV news, too.

Hal

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

I have a test piece for trains and thought the green might help with 'the look'

med_gallery_17883_3112_580511.jpg3887

the baby elephant

med_gallery_17883_3112_54924.jpg

I thought about making a couple of cherry trees, and painting his toe nails red..........

you do know how elephants manage to hide in cherry trees don't you??????? :jester:

• Like 1

Kong...painted a very shiny black.....not by me!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3112_563203.jpg3889

and global are not always black.....and as previously mentioned....perhaps a released gorilla or orangutang is responsible for some of the Sasquatch sightings. 

med_gallery_17883_3112_189038.jpg3890

a base grey

med_gallery_17883_3112_339812.jpg3891

but black face hands and feet

• Like 3

Butt - err  ..............   I thought you were  ...........

possibly not......but how do you know one has been in your fridge???

..........  on a diet   .......      :jester:

Edited by jcredfer

- Thank the Lord for AV!

Following a night of *interesting domestic felicity...   :jester:  from the AV Circus comes -  "crazy, creative clowning of the most comical sort - " Circus Poster

Thanx! :D

Hal

*don't worry, Jaz, that's as whiny as it gets. ;)

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

I bet that   .........

Wonder if ........visiting ,    a real  chocolate festival  in Bruges,     might help...........see the train.

...........    gives the Fireman a problem getting up Steam     ...............          .............................  no wonder they named it the Choco - Late Express  .........    :jester:  :jester:  

...........    and another thing  .......   if you ate your way through that Engine   ..............    the Loco wouldn't be the only thing with a great big Tender behind   .........    :stinker:

Anyway, it's the wrong scale  ...   and  ...  they should have made the Loco a Diesel one    .....   [prepare yourself for this   ..  best read in the sitting position]  .........   with 6 Wheel Bogies   .......     ..........     :scratchhead:    

.............     or perhaps a very badly pealed [Flaked] paint job Freight Loco put upside down in Ice-Cream, made to look like an accident in the snow  ........   similar to a sort of HUGE inverted 99   .........    :angel:

med_gallery_17883_3112_471478.jpg3892

med_gallery_17883_3112_269059.jpg3893

med_gallery_17883_3112_292281.jpg3894

med_gallery_17883_3112_528718.jpg3895

tongue and teeth......this looks better than it photographs....

once on the layout it should look better......a train will drive past the edge of a safari park, and the animal will be behind a fence....

• Like 5

red gorillas

gorilla-red_1410855i.jpgtelegraph.co.uk

I swear this is true:

In 1953 - age five - we came down to London on holiday and went to the zoo where we fed a gorilla with plums, through the bars of its cage. It popped them in its mouth then spat the stone out, an image I vividly recall...

Health and safety, huh! :jester:

LOL

Hal.

• Like 2

I swear this is true:

In 1953 - age five - we came down to London on holiday and went to the zoo where we fed a gorilla with plums, through the bars of its cage. It popped them in its mouth then spat the stone out, an image I vividly recall...

Health and safety, huh! :jester:

LOL

Hal.

at the zoo with Kal and the kids, we were near the orangutang while we were eating icecreams, the sign said don't feed the animals, but a big boy was gesturing to eat an ice-cream Kal threw him the last bit......an employee on a bike came over and said you can't do that....Kal looked around and said....I just did......The guy looked....thought about it and just rode off. The big orangutang savoured his ice-cream........

• Like 3

Didn't look anything like as friendly    ....................

baby hippo

BABY-HIPPO-SQUEEEEE-2-1322066305.jpgimgaecade.com

.............     when I just wanted to paddle a canoe half -a-mile round him      .................    didn't look very "Smily" seconds later either   .......    and - 10 yards away!!!!!!!!   .........     :O  :O  :O

...................................   surprising just how fast it is possible to flail dip the odd paddle into a river when one of them "yawns" at you that close      .........         probably not the best time to recommend Colgate either   .......

PS. Note to Jaz - whilst I am on the subject    ....   those teeth are definitely not white                    ...........................          but don't mention it to the Hippo   ......   they don't look like they would appreciate the advice   ...   :nono:  :nono: