Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

OK.....straight face.......being serious now........

I can squeeze the animals in........

as we all know there are Circus items for our railways......and others have done Rhinos AND elephants......and I have my secret weapon........which you will see later......

to explain this tom foolery. And in the 1960s when there was no thought of extinction or political correctness you could see some amazing sights at the Winter quarters of the circus near Windsor. Not Smarts I think another, a friend married into the family (Smarts) and I went down there once to see the animals. No I don't remember why he was there being one of the Smarts... (not his surname his mum was aSmart)....visiting a friend I just remember seeing the animals. but,regardless, he his girlfriend went to the winter quarter and i tagged along) None appeared to be treated bad, although the tigers did NOT look impressed.Walking restlessly backwards and forwards.

And then there was the Windsor safari park incident......which I think they might object to me relating ......but my dad who was giving them a hard time over their whale (and dolphins i think) housing, and had to drive through the lion area to inspect somewhere else, and they shut BOTH gates and left him there for half an hour.  He retold this a long time after and I can only imagine he was there on the day they shut for business, but he was not amused, and made them jump thru hoops and follow the rules to improve the whale pool. Apparently he was quite happy to sit there knowing they had to give before he did....cause he had something to pee into.....and a packet of biscuits....LOL.

Luckily it wasn't an ape compound because they probably would have ripped the wiper blades off!!!!

• Like 3

OK.....straight face.......being serious now........

I can squeeze the animals in........

as we all know there are Circus items for our railways......and others have done Rhinos AND elephants......and I have my secret weapon........which you will see later......

to explain this tom foolery. And in the 1960s when there was no thought of extinction or political correctness you could see some amazing sights at the Winter quarters of the circus near Windsor. Not Smarts I think another, a friend married into the family (Smarts) and I went down there once to see the animals. No I don't remember why he was there being one of the Smarts... (not his surname his mum was aSmart)....visiting a friend I just remember seeing the animals. but,regardless, he his girlfriend went to the winter quarter and i tagged along) None appeared to be treated bad, although the tigers did NOT look impressed.Walking restlessly backwards and forwards.

And then there was the Windsor safari park incident......which I think they might object to me relating ......but my dad who was giving them a hard time over their whale (and dolphins i think) housing, and had to drive through the lion area to inspect somewhere else, and they shut BOTH gates and left him there for half an hour.  He retold this a long time after and I can only imagine he was there on the day they shut for business, but he was not amused, and made them jump thru hoops and follow the rules to improve the whale pool. Apparently he was quite happy to sit there knowing they had to give before he did....cause he had something to pee into.....and a packet of biscuits....LOL.

Luckily it wasn't an ape compound because they probably would have ripped the wiper blades off!!!!

Craftsmanship Clever - you ask?

Jaz is a story teller. not a craft, perhaps, but a gift nevertheless...

Hal

• Like 1

:scared: :scared:  

a new Roo idea.......a Kangeroo........ :jester: ........ok ok terrible pun........... :angel:

med_gallery_17883_3112_236395.jpg3868figures

I swear the colour is NOT yellow!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3112_259130.jpg3869

and my elephant is much closer to the picture, but i will add a touch of brown anyways......

any way back to Roos

mixed while wet

med_gallery_17883_3112_329581.jpg3870

med_gallery_17883_3112_279268.jpg3871

med_gallery_17883_3112_236164.jpg3872

med_gallery_17883_3112_344656.jpg3873

I'm seriously concerned. A kangaroo the size of an ELEPHANT :scared:  :scared: :scared:   :scared:

I'm seriously concerned. A kangaroo the size of an ELEPHANT :scared:  :scared: :scared:   :scared:

I have researched each animal I have done so far, googling of pictures. That elephant is small hence the small tusks, and i have an adult too, but my brother was in to the Romans and it needs homework to rescue it. And we don't tend to have in our zoos the longer lived animals so not the full grown affairs, and althoungh i never visited Australia my dad has and went into the outback, and was soon advised that there are many kinds of roos. And size is an important difference. The wallabies that now run wild in England, are left because they are small and a pain to track down.....but YOU would not miss a RED bounding around the place!!!!!!!!!!

I can offer links where I google to man and ......animal in question as I checked this out.We thought some of the sizes quite iffy.

The camel I can attest to having been to Tunisia and ridden on one.....welll a dromedary I believe, I have the pictures too, but will check and see if we are inconspicuous enough in those billowing robes. And we were quite thin underneath.....Though the robes make us look like wrestlers in those big foam boxing suits......The camel has a rider.....so that will make it easy. I will update the earlier ones AND add a link to the google search.

• Like 2

I have to admit I have not found a BIG kangaroo........they talk about big kangaroos, and do a drawing but no pictures.....Wikipedia says the Red the largest is about 2m so only 6ft 7in. ......so compared to the figure stood next to it, you cold argue either way BUT I do have a 4mmm scale ruler I'll check.

The elephant is a baby tho as they reach 4m or 13ft. 

See.sseeee.....intelectual knowledge......very useful on a.......oh um railway forum.... :angel:

ok off to check the giraffe.

• Like 2

I have to admit I have not found a BIG kangaroo........they talk about big kangaroos, and do a drawing but no pictures.....Wikipedia says the Red the largest is about 2m so only 6ft 7in. ......so compared to the figure stood next to it, you cold argue either way BUT I do have a 4mmm scale ruler I'll check.

The elephant is a baby tho as they reach 4m or 13ft. 

See.sseeee.....intelectual knowledge......very useful on a.......oh um railway forum.... :angel:

ok off to check the giraffe.

Why,          anit  you got time, to sit down, have a beer and   talk to me about it ?       The link is, very slow, appearing !

Edited by David Todd

what?...... the lady with the red kangaroo leather.........gulps........

:O         :nono:  :nono:   I did say, the link was slow, once the page appear's,it should jump to the pic,I selected, if you start to scroll down the page,it may kick in and select it.

Are they very big Kangaroos or very small elephants? I bought my boys some of these Hornby circus wagons several years ago.

Because these ones are small, those ones are far away ;)

survival-faraway.jpg

Anyway, I've finally made it.  I've finally caught up on threads here on RMWeb, so happy new year to Jaz & Kal :)

• Like 1

Because these ones are small, those ones are far away ;)

survival-faraway.jpg

Anyway, I've finally made it.  I've finally caught up on threads here on RMWeb, so happy new year to Jaz & Kal :)

I loved that episode LOL, cup a tea? You KONOW you want one......

• Like 1

I loved that episode LOL, cup a tea? You KONOW you want one......

For some reason - maybe it's and arty vision thing - that was one of the funniest jokes I'd ever heard/seen.That night I was still giggling in my sleep. Brilliant series! 

Hal 

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

Jaz,

How serious were you about warming the figures to change their position?  I warmed up some Preiser ones and all they did was shrink.

OMG like a packet of crisps in the oven? ON LOW!!!!!!

Ouch.....SO glad I didn't try it. I realise plastic has a memory......but that would have been a complete disaster........

Sasquatch cuts and remixes his, and they look oak, perhaps that is a much safer way to go.

I turns out my brother has some other super 1:72 on his next visit......there will be excellent TV material. 

Unfortunately today was my dads birthday and he ordered home made Goulash. So no modelling got done. The Goulash got hammered tho......

• Like 2

Love Goulash   .........    gutted not invited to consume it   ......   OK private party   .....    gutted again     .........     

OMG like a packet of crisps in the oven? ON LOW!!!!!!

Ouch.....SO glad I didn't try it. I realise plastic has a memory......but that would have been a complete disaster........

Sasquatch cuts and remixes his, and they look oak, perhaps that is a much safer way to go.

I turns out my brother has some other super 1:72 on his next visit......there will be excellent TV material. 

Unfortunately today was my dads birthday and he ordered home made Goulash. So no modeling got done. The Goulash got hammered tho......

........................     back to Westerham Video to get "Feel Better" again    ............       :sungum:

PS - Happy Birthday to your Dad   ..........    [with, slight, reservations about anyone who willingly steps out of a perfectly {even partially} serviceable aircraft  ...     :O  ....   perhaps he thought there were other priorities at the time  .....]