Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Given the Land Rover and Horse Box there  ................     :scratchhead:

med_gallery_17883_2878_264709.jpg

A lot of main road's, developed from Drover's, taking their livestock to market...........

are you sure the Spell-checker didn't recommend   ....   "drivers"   .......    :jester:

Edit - yes I do know - when you find you are digging a hole for yourself - STOP digging   ...    so just getting hat, coat and gaiters  ,,,   night and Happy New year all  ...    :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

the long view

med_gallery_17883_2760_119013.jpg060

Ooohh.  Southern Art Deco.

Where's the third rail, then?   :jester:  :jester:  :jester: 

No no no.

It's the Metropolitan from Uxbridge!

:no:   :no:  :no:  Uh uh. Try again.

Railway Room Chez Nous.

What I'm trying to say, Jaz is - great choice in station architecture.  Love it.

• Like 3

Ooohh.  Southern Art Deco.

Where's the third rail, then?   :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

No no no.

It's the Metropolitan from Uxbridge!

:no:   :no:  :no:  Uh uh. Try again.

Railway Room Chez Nous.

What I'm trying to say, Jaz is - great choice in station architecture.  Love it.

no no .....now don't you start, Kal has realised this fact, and is threatening to rip up the track and try to fit it in......I was thinking move the station buildings to a new area where we can lay the track to do this from the start. Only one building is a actually set in the layout......and it's an excuse to buy another station......I wonder what Hornby and Bachmann have on offer next year?i.e. tomorrow.......

• RMweb Premium

no no .....now don't you start, Kal has realised this fact, and is threatening to rip up the track and try to fit it in......I was thinking move the station buildings to a new area where we can lay the track to do this from the start. Only one building is a actually set in the layout......and it's an excuse to buy another station......I wonder what Hornby and Bachmann have on offer next year?i.e. tomorrow.......

No no no.  Don't rip it up.  That wasn't my intention.

There's plenty of art deco architecture up north, too.

Saw some on the tour to York behind Bittern (in its Art Deco casing).

So why not an AD station further north?  You could put a preservation order on it!  Grade II listed, at least.

And EMUs at West Monkseaton, albeit even further north, must give some credence.

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/w/west_monkseaton/

Your railway.

Edit grammatical error.  :O

Edit 2.  And, no, I'm not suggesting you go 3rd rail.   Two rails are bad enough. :mosking:

Edited by southern42
  • Like 3

No no no.  Don't rip it up.  That wasn't my intention.

There's plenty of art deco architecture up north, too.

Saw some on the tour to York behind Bittern (in its Art Deco casing).

So why not an AD station further north?  You could put a preservation order on it!  Grade II listed, at least.

And EMUs at West Monkseaton, albeit even further north, must give some credence.

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/w/west_monkseaton/

Your railway.

Edit grammatical error.  :O

Edit 2.  And, no, I'm not suggesting you go 3rd rail.   Two rails are bad enough. :mosking:

1993 AD,the year,       Kal has a couple of camels, but not in Tyne Metro.  I remember them converting the 3rd rail to O/H.

I stayed up far too late last nite, and indulged with heavily laden Irish coffee and brandy.....

had a good sleep in.......and for those that are rather hung over......yep it is a triple decker!!!!!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_2757_448112.jpg155

The teenagers used on the Xmas challenge, were originally made for Harry Potter and our film studios.

The early attempts at resin building where very distinctive and I used them to establish my Hogsmeade

med_gallery_17883_2757_156866.jpg360

I was really pleased wit this area originally, but it is flat MDF, and will get an update t some time

med_gallery_17883_2757_422208.jpg361

med_gallery_17883_2757_184777.jpg362

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Further to previous posts on the topic.

I accidentally found an Art Deco Station in the North.

I've just put up this year's Hornby Mag Calendar and the January pic is of Broxfield's Broxfield so I googled it!

or see it via RMweb blog: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1655/entry-14799-broxfield/

Good news for you, Kal and your station, I hope.

• Like 3

Oh!   ....   Blimey   .........    how did she manage that  .......   and Harvey too  ....    he was meant to be tucked up in the kitchen for a while   ......     :O    .......   

Dementor? or demented LOL

med_gallery_17883_2757_171455.jpg1847

This rock face was old polystyrene packaging with plaster cast, the shapes used to form some caves.

......  Hang on a minute   ......................   just going downstairs for a look  ..............   :scratchhead:

...........    goodness me  .....     :scared:   ..........    they are both having a cuddle-up on the sofa -

..   but they are both there   ......

Mind you - I didn't see them at the Barbeque   ......      http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75123-light-sandwich-with-yet-other-idea/page-11#entry1722832 

..........     :superstition:        .........    Eerrr  ....   Happy New Year everyone  .....   

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jaz, your empire really is huge, it's only now, seeing the photos of all the different localities together that I'm appreciating just how big it is. Coming from near Skegness I was particularly pleased to see the beach scenes. Oh, and maybe there's another reason... ;)

Here's a prototype photo to show you Berners are indeed just at home on the beach as they are in the mountains.

post-14192-0-23264000-1420216852_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year to you both.

Edited by JCL
  • Like 12

Wow Jaz,

Late to this as usual but completely blown away by the amount of work you've accomplished in the last year, even with a couple of dramas due to illness!

Lots of great and original ideas, wondering now what you'll come up with next?

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1