Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

Well, it's gone a bit upmarket in the 45 years since I was last there. I remember that what we thought was black linoleum on the floor was in fact a very well trodden carpet. Someone told a new lad, who was short of cash, that he could collect parking fees for the zoo. He didn't understand the joke, and ended up with some facial restyling, iirc.

• RMweb Premium

Well, it's gone a bit upmarket in the 45 years since I was last there. I remember that what we thought was black linoleum on the floor was in fact a very well trodden carpet. Someone told a new lad, who was short of cash, that he could collect parking fees for the zoo. He didn't understand the joke, and ended up with some facial restyling, iirc.

You mean like this urban myth?

http://www.snopes.com/crime/clever/carpark.asp

You need to go back about 50 years. The downs was/is sort of common land, back then free parking everywhere - but a certain family would offer to show folk where they could park. They had the leather satchels, etc., looked sort of official, and took money. The zoo was happy, so was the council. It meant that not so much of the common ground was damaged, nor side streets blocked and folk were happy to pay - they assumed it was 'official'. It seems to be different now, but 'of course, they would say that, wouldn't they', that it never existed. 

fwiw Bristol decided to pay businesses/boatbuilders, etc. to move out of the docks, down to Avonmouth/wherever. Thought they could save a fortune on maintaining the locks at Cumberland Basin. They then,after paying out a million or so as compensation realized they had to keep locks operational, since they were an essential part of the flood prevention scheme. I think that was a bit more recent, maybe 40 odd years ago.

(I have cleaned up the punchline of this one. Use your imagination.)

The local town band had been running for nearly 100 years and due to dwindling numbers had gone through a few mergers. Their instruments were in need of replacing so the committee decided to do a bit of fundraising in the local area.

The Treasurer himself decided to start in his own street that Saturday morning, starting at house #1. He knocked at the door, a young lady answered and the Treasurer and gave his prepared fundraising speech.

"Good morning, I'm the Treasurer of the Harford-Predingworth-Woolingham-Lowsley-Fletchney Beautiful Brass and Pleasing Percussion Ensemble and we're doing some fundraising to buy new instruments. I wonder if you'd be interested in making a small donation?"

The young lady said "Of course, I always enjoy listening to the band." She put her hand in her purse and donated £10.

The Treasurer was pleased with this and moved on to the next house. He knocked on the door, a middle aged man answered and the Treasurer and gave his prepared fundraising speech.

"Good morning, I'm the Treasurer of the Harford-Predingworth-Woolingham-Lowsley-Fletchney Beautiful Brass and Pleasing Percussion Ensemble and we're doing some fundraising to buy new instruments. I wonder if you'd be interested in making a small donation?"

The middle aged man said "You know, my grandfather helped start that band so it's the least I can do." He put his hand in his pocket and donated £20.

The Treasurer was very pleased with this so moved on to the next house. He knocked on the door, a rather frail old lady answered and the Treasurer and gave his prepared fundraising speech.

The old lady put her hand to her ear, adjusted her hearing aid and said "Eh?"

The Treasurer tried again.

The old lady put her hand to her other ear adjusted her other hearing aid and said "Eh?"

The Treasurer tried again, much louder this time.

The old lady fiddled with both hearing aids and said "I'm afraid I can't quite hear you."

The Treasurer gave up, smiled politely and turned to leave. As he was walking down the path the lady said "Mind the gate".

As he approached the end of the path the Treasurer muttered under his breath "Oh, sod your gate".

The old lady put both hands to her mouth and shouted "And sod your Harford-Predingworth-Woolingham-Lowsley-Fletchney Beautiful Brass and Pleasing Percussion Ensemble!"

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dropped the Mrs off at the doc's on my way to work this morning for some tests (she's not sure if she's got Alzheimer's or Gonorrhoea).

I went back to pick her up but couldn't find her, so I spoke to the doctor...

He told me that due to patient confidentiality he couldn't disclose the results.

However, what he did say was:

"If she does manage to find her way home - don't  sh#g her!"

Edited by Tim Dubya

There once was a happy little fly buzzing around a barn, when she came upon a large pile of fresh cow manure.
Since it had been hours since her last meal and she was feeling hunger pangs, she flew down to the irresistible delicacy
And began to munch out.
She ate.........and ate.......and then.......she ate some more

Finally, she decided she'd had plenty. She washed her face with her tiny front legs, belched a few times, then attempted to fly away.

But alas .....she had pigged out far too much and could not get off the ground.

She looked around wondering what to do about this unpleasant situation when she spotted a pitchfork leaning upright against the barn wall.

She'd found a solution! She realized that if she could just become airborne she'd be able to fly again.

So, she painstakingly, climbed to the top of the handle.

Once there, she took a deep breath, spread her tiny fly wings, and leaped confidently into the air. She dropped like a rock and splattered all over the floor...

Dead fly..

The moral of this sad story?

Never fly off the handle when you know you're full of sh1t

• Like 1

In a similar vein...

A little bird was flying south for the Winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field.

While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him.
As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was.

The dung was actually thawing him out!
He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Morals of the story:
(1) Not everyone who sh1ts on you is your enemy.
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of sh1t is your friend.
(3) If you are warm and happy in your own little pile of sh1t it is sometimes best to keep your mouth shut!

so there we were parked up on marine drive in southport, eating a our chips when I hear music...and the words... " if I had a photograph of youuuuuu.. something to remind me..."

and as I looked over my shoulder, I saw a flock of seagulls

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The BBC are making a documentary about Liverpool St Station and they are finishing filming by interviewing all the staff. They are about to pack up and go home when someone says, "Wait! We didn't talk to old Bert. He's the oldest employee here; he's been caretaker for the men's toilets for 60 years! We should talk to him."

So they find Bert in his little office in the men's loos.

"So, Bert, how old are you?"

"Well, mate, I'm 79 yars old, yers mate, 79 I am."

"And you've worked here all your life?"

"Yers mate, since I were a boy."

"And you've always worked in the toilets?"

"Well, mate, yer takes wot yer can get. I'm lucky to have bin in work at all, all me life, yers mate."

"And I bet you've seen some changes here over the years. What would you say has changed, working here?"

"Ooh, mate, don't get me started, don't get me started! It's not like it woz; y'see these days, after the pubs chuck aht, I get the druggies, I get the drunks, throwin' up everywhere, I get the prostitutes, I get the pissed up kids, fighting, I get guns and the like, I get the dregs of bleeding' society comin' down these stairs and causing no end of grief, I can't tell you 'ow much it's changed! I get all kinds of dreadful blokes dealing' and shouting' and fightin'. I tell you if someone comes in for a sh1t it's like a breath of fresh air!"

Edited by Budgie
  • Like 4