Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

9 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

On the window sill, and it drops down the back of the radiator

On the sink, and it rolls into the drain

On a chair, and your dog grabs it and runs off with it

On the floor, and somebody kicks it under the sofa

And the perennial favourite "The dog ate it..."

Although I think I saw a new one yesterday, "The rabbit ate some of the reciept"

9 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Some of those West Country conversions were amazing. Not sure if this one is Agnetha, Björn, Benny or Anni-Frid. But I think it looks like Benny.

SR West Country Class 34007 Wadebridge

Can't be Benny, where's his woolley hat?

Edited by Hroth
Addition and a minor keyboard error...
  • Funny 4

On 17/08/2022 at 21:01, Titan said:

I did not know West Countries had Pantographs.  Was it like one of those Swedish conversions?

12 hours ago, Hroth said:

Some of those West Country conversions were amazing. Not sure if this one is Agnetha, Björn, Benny or Anni-Frid. But I think it looks like Benny.

I've jusr remembered Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid liked the West Countries so much, they used to go to one particular London Station just to watch them.

And they loved that so much they wrote a special song about it.

Can you guess what it is yet?

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

11 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

I've jusr remembered Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid liked the West Countries so much, they used to go to one particular London Station just to watch them.

Dunno.  I was defeated.....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

12 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Dunno.  I was defeated.....

Was it "Knowing Me, Knowing Euston?".

Edited by CameronL
Typo
  • Funny 9

Couldn't think of anywhere else appropriate to put this, but on my way home from holiday yesterday I picked up a sandwich in Sainsburys to eat while driving. 

It sounded promising, steak and caramelised onion, and was reduced to 79p, but tasted slightly odd. Not bad in any way just odd.

It was only when I read the rest of the label did I realise why.

It includes GRAVY MAYONNAISE🤢

Now whoever thinks gravy mayonnaise sounds right, let alone put it in a sarnie must be having a joke?

• Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, great central said:

Couldn't think of anywhere else appropriate to put this, but on my way home from holiday yesterday I picked up a sandwich in Sainsburys to eat while driving. 

It sounded promising, steak and caramelised onion, and was reduced to 79p, but tasted slightly odd. Not bad in any way just odd.

It was only when I read the rest of the label did I realise why.

It includes GRAVY MAYONNAISE🤢

Now whoever thinks gravy mayonnaise sounds right, let alone put it in a sarnie must be having a joke?

Sounds like American 'gravy & biscuits', whatever that is - not that I want to know!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Which is better, Gravy Mayonnaise, or Gravity Mayonnaise (which is how I read it)...?

Also, gravity and biscuits, which can be a bit crumby...

😉

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Sounds like American 'gravy & biscuits', whatever that is - not that I want to know!

We used to give that to the dog, the gravy softened the Winalot quite nicely!

• Agree 3
  • Funny 4

5 hours ago, kevinlms said:

An American "biscuit" is a soft, flattened bread roll (here int' North West  we'd call it a barmcake). The gravy is made from meat juices and dripping, possibly with meat such as sausage or mince included, with flour and milk. It's more of a white sauce than a gravy.

So, it's really "saucy barmcakes". 

If you order it in the States you usually get two biscuits and enough gravy to cover them. With a side of fries it's a coronary on a plate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

11 hours ago, CameronL said:

An American "biscuit" is a soft, flattened bread roll (here int' North West  we'd call it a barmcake). The gravy is made from meat juices and dripping, possibly with meat such as sausage or mince included, with flour and milk. It's more of a white sauce than a gravy.

I liken American "biscuits" to a slightly more bready version of a scone. And in my experience the "gravy" is mostly sausage fat and burnt bits with a little thickening. I could feel my arteries hardening just looking at it. Even worse is "red eye gravy" which is literally just rendered bacon fat mixed with coffee (not even good coffee but that American stuff they brew for hours, after which I'm convinced they strain through an old sock).

• Informative/Useful 3