RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

8 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I wonder if anyone has modelled a Neolithic stone circle on a layout?

It could be done, with some historical validity! 😀

See Stonehenge Mililary Railway, at its full extent, between 1916 and 1921.

Along with the Stonehenge Aerodrome.

https://www.sarsen.org/2013/03/the-stonehenge-railway.html

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NIK said:

Didn't have any small folks dancing round it or a rock band playing with the amps turned up to 11.

That would be the new Worthy Farm station between West Pennard and Pylle. With special high-pressure showers and detox units.

X marks the spot.

image.png.ec0891d791fb66edea2d4b1688661d41.png

• Like 3

20 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

It could be done, with some historical validity! 😀

See Stonehenge Mililary Railway, at its full extent, between 1916 and 1921.

Along with the Stonehenge Aerodrome.

https://www.sarsen.org/2013/03/the-stonehenge-railway.html

The station buildings are still there, at Druid's Lodge, from when it was used in WWII, to service the impending D Day troops around there, as is the track ballast through the wood, in which the station was concealed.

As an aside, the huge railway gun, Boche Buster was taken to Druid's Lodge, to be fired at the ranges on Salisbury Plain.  Nice scene for the Oxford 00 model of the gun.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, Tim123 said:

Son, let's set up the Hornby Family Fun project. And if you're really good we can put a loco and some rolling stock on the track!

IMG_0995.jpeg

The family fun project comes with a generic 0-4-0 loco and two antique short wheelbase 4 wheel coaches, which just about fit the station supplied. The "expansion" pack is an LNER livery P2 and two maroon Mk1 coaches, none of which fit the station.  At all....

Edited by Hroth
extra emphasis, and what's a P4, for heavens sake???
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Tim123 said:

EhTS-aGWoAAtUYU.jpeg

Not forgetting the scratching of the table - from all the track pins that have extended through the track and thin baseboard!

• Funny 4

17 hours ago, Tim123 said:

Son, let's set up the Hornby Family Fun project. And if you're really good we can put a loco and some rolling stock on the track!

IMG_0995.jpeg

That's the "No trains due to industrial action" pack. The expansion pack for it is a replacement bus for the station car park.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Not forgetting the scratching of the table - from all the track pins that have extended through the track and thin baseboard!

My father carefully pinned the track on my LoneStar 000 Electric layout to a board which was kept behind the settee and put on the dining room table for operating sessions. This all worked well until one Saturday I woke up early and set the railway up by myself. My parents were impressed by how quietly I done it but when my father removed the layout for breakfast there were a number of large scratches on the table! The table was a high quality one that had been given to my parents as a wedding present and they were very upset although they said they did not blame me.

• Friendly/supportive 9