The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I actually have a speaking clock at home on my 1930's telephone exchange. It keeps very good time being sync'd to GSM satellites. Sadly it's not the glass plate version, but a modern digital TIM2015 unit. Switchable to all good speaking clock voices....

Quite handy to set the clocks by twice a year.......

Andy G

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

What type of exchange? I have most of an ITEC EMS-1 sitting around un-wired at the moment.

Front:

100_3033.JPG.c9f2ff6a7a6a10620dcd1b297acc3f9d.JPG

Rear:

IMG_0057.jpg.f62a815009ec06017400df285cca79c2.jpg

The phone is a Crouse-Hinds explosion-proof, a design that I really like:

100_3031.JPG.393afd5aae4a8c5ea32eeff38514224c.JPG

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Mine are:

Modney Bridge: GPO Unit Auto eXchange (UAX) 12. Three racks: C unit (MDF and common services), A unit (4 connect circuits  (Pre-2000 type (US standard!) selectors that absorb the leading 2, and allow 2xx to be used as the local numbers, 9 & ) levels for junctions. 50 subs line circuits) and  B unit (two connect circuits, and 20 subs ccts). Equipment came from Chapple Colne in Essex, was saved by a lad in the late 70's from going to Scotland, sat in a garage for 30 years before coming to me and I got it working in about a week! The wiring of the multi between the A and B units was my lockdown project, 50 terminations a day, it only took 18 days to complete. Still need to clean unis on the B unit to bring it into operation, but for the phones around the house the 4 connect ccts in the A unit are more than plenty!

Tongue End: Another GPO UAX12, but this time an A unit, B unit and E unit, and converted to STD (Subscriber trunk dialling) so has junctions on levels 1, 9 & 0, with junction relays sets on the E unit, along with coin box relaysets and subs private meter control relay sets. This originally came from Tongue End Exchange (which was in a place called Twenty near Spalding in Lincs). Was recovered to become a PAX in a private school in Dulwich in London, from where I aquired it in about 2002. It does work, but as I'm basically wiring the racks from scratch its taking a long time to get to a position where I can leave it on full time!

I've also got a Siemens PAX222 exch, which is 100 line with pre-2000 linefinders and finals, which I've not powered up yet. 

And a PABX5 a standard GPO exchange for small customers, mine came from outside the vault of a former Barclays Bank in White City London. I had it working within 10 minutes of getting it home. Was in use for about ten years, but now in storage.

2 uniselector connect ccts, two exchange lines, 20 extensions and the rare operators telephone and relayset.

Interestingly a mate and I got working an incoming Voip Junction today, now need to find time to sort the outgoing junction.... 

Good fun messing with Strowger, you can actually see how it works!

Andy G

Edited by uax6
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, exmoordave said:

Ate my last piece of cheese yesterday. Today it is raining. 

Ain't no sunshine when cheese gone......

What’s the reaction beyond “Groan”?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

And mugs to Mugs....

31hmeTdQ8XL._QL92_SH45_SS200_.jpg.f2d7ae0ab15ffbe7a1889a962577f963.jpg

Don't think this is the genuine Trump merchandise he was selling, but it'll do!

Not quite yet, maybe, but give it "time".....

.....  Please!!   🫠 

Sadly, the US system doesn't have a great track record at getting proper justice for multi-millionaires.   🤐  

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, kevinlms said:

My succesful business.jpg

I always thought those kind of hats were called "IQ reducers"...

...although, i this case, I don't think there would be much need for them!

Kev.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3