The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, CameronL said:

Have you heard that TASS, the Russian News Agency, has launched a competition to find the best political joke?

The first prize is twenty years. 

Runner up is 30 years and other entrants 40 years each - plenty of room and too bad if there isn't lots of room!

• Funny 3

In response to the TASS joke....

Have you heard that BBC, the UK News Agency, has launched a competition to find the best political joke? First prize is five years for Hate Crime and Disinformation. Be careful what you post here. You can win an award get done for one of five categories.

• race or ethnicity
  • religion
  • sexual orientation
  • disability
  • transgender identity

You can be on UK police records as having "committed" a Hate Crime, without ever being prosecuted,  just because it was "perceived by the victim" as hurtful or hateful. That includes anything on online media.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2022-to-2023/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2022-to-2023

No more dwarf jokes for sure. It's no longer a joke here in the UK.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

13 minutes ago, KeithMacdonald said:

In response to the TASS joke....

Have you heard that BBC, the UK News Agency, has launched a competition to find the best political joke? First prize is five years for Hate Crime and Disinformation. Be careful what you post here. You can win an award get done for one of five categories.

• race or ethnicity
  • religion
  • sexual orientation
  • disability
  • transgender identity

You can be on UK police records as having "committed" a Hate Crime, without ever being prosecuted,  just because it was "perceived by the victim" as hurtful or hateful. That includes anything on online media.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2022-to-2023/hate-crime-england-and-wales-2022-to-2023

No more dwarf jokes for sure. It's no longer a joke here in the UK.

On those grounds, then we'd all better apply some preventative tape to mouth and hands to ensure we don't upset anyone...

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

A man with tickets to the football final finds his seat and relaxes. As he sits down, a man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.

"No", he says. "The seat is empty."

"That's incredible", said the stranger. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the football final and not use it?"

"Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first final we haven't been to together since we got married.."

The stranger replies, "Oh...I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. Couldn't you find someone else - a friend or relative, or even a neighbour to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head. "No. They're all at the funeral."

A man and a friend are playing golf one day. One of the guys is about to chip onto the green when he sees a long funeral procession on the road next to the course. He stops in mid-swing, takes off his golf cap, closes his eyes, and bows down in prayer.

His friend says: "Wow! That is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen. You are truly a kind man."

The other man replies, "Yeah, well, we were married 35 years."

• Funny 6

It's the golf club championship final and you're playing the club captain. It's level scores as you play your second shot on the 18th. You take yours and it lands just off the green. The club captain takes his and it goes into the rough. You offer to help him find it and after a few minutes he shouts "Got it!". So he takes the shot and it stops one inch short of the hole.
You now have a dilemma. Do you offer congratulations, or do you take his original ball out of your pocket and call him a cheat?

Edited by JZ
  • Like 1
  • Funny 17

37 minutes ago, JZ said:

It's the golf club championship final and you're playing the club captain. It's level scores as you play your second shot on the 18th. You take yours and it lands just off the green. The club captain takes his and it goes into the rough. You offer to help him find it and after a few minutes he shouts "Got it!". So he takes the shot and it stops one inch short of the hole.
You now have a dilemma. Do you offer congratulations, or do you take his original ball out of your pocket and call him a cheat?

Isn't that a scene from Goldfinger?

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Isn't that a scene from Goldfinger?

Possibly, never seen it. I was told it by a late golfing mad friend of mine.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JZ said:

Your both cheats if you picked up his ball!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, 33C said:

Your both cheats if you picked up his ball!

Yes, I think the non-golfers (like me), get that! No point having clubs, if you're are allowed to pick the ball up!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CameronL said:

That film has the best line from the franchise- 

Agreed.

And the nominations for second place are ...

Perhaps any permutation of "bring it back in one piece Bond"?

(Cos everyone knew there's no way that was going to happen)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, CameronL said:

That film has the best line from the franchise- 

3 hours ago, KeithMacdonald said:

Agreed.

And the nominations for second place are ...

Perhaps any permutation of "bring it back in one piece Bond"?

(Cos everyone knew there's no way that was going to happen)

I liked Hugo Drax's lines in Moonraker:

"Look after Mr. Bond. See that some harm comes to him"

And

"At least I shall have the pleasure of putting you out of my misery, Mr. Bond."

Just a shame the rest of the film was rubbish...

I've a whole book of Bond quotes somewhere. 😉

Edited by Ramblin Rich
type writing
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1