1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Hope you have,  enjoyed, your weekend, 

Last week, half term, out with the grandson, for a day,

He suddenly announced, "Grandad, it's nearly Christmas !", leaving a few second's,before replying, I said,

"No,No, that was last year,Fin".

The look of disbelief, was a picture, wish I had taken one.

Sorry, I started this at 0800.hours.today, its been a long busy day.

Right,  My  subtitle  "Service Departments",  is directed at Bachmann & Hornby.

Just for some of the excellent people, who work there.....in those depts'.

Over the last week or so (ish). I have reprogramming decoders for all my stock, via ECoS.

A few locos needed repairs, Bachmann were excelent, after speaking to two guys, I had the spare parts, within 24 hours.

For a J72, a new main pinion drive, to replace the split one.

An "idler arm" for main gear, in a 2-Epb, this had been missing since new, I bought used and very cheap.and found the problem.

A new motor, for a 4-cep, an intermittent open circuit, the problem, I had run this for days and days, when track testing.

I had already, fitted the little pin (idler arm).

attachicon.gifP1230701(1).JPG

J 72.

attachicon.gifP1230797(1).JPG

a split center pinon, to be replaced.

attachicon.gifP1230815(1).JPG

2- Epb, now running well

attachicon.gifP1230801(1).JPG

attachicon.gifP1230807(1).JPG

4-Cep

attachicon.gifP1230795(1).JPG

Hornby has a new system, well it is  to me,   you phone Customer Care, spoke to a nice young lady, she explained,    

To put me on the system, i needed a Reference number, from herself, duly given, details of item, possible fault, please.

all entered.

This was all then sent to the service center, I was then advised to package the item, with said details and Ref. and post to their Service Center outside,

Canterbury.

All done,                  10. days  later, a call from Costumer Care, your 4- Vep is repaired and due for payment and dispatch.

This Vep had given me greif, for months, trying to address it, I then, dismantled it and found (see photo).

4 wires, had not been soldered, to the underneath of the socket that the umbilical cable inserts into. My soldering, is not that good to have attempted it.

4-Vep, looks like a new chassis,was provided.

attachicon.gifP1230821(1).JPG

All I can say is Thank you service centers.

I have started listing my locos, on the Sprog vll.       1 done so far.

I manage to get hold of one of these, now all I need, is the Esu interface, from Richard at Warley.

Cobalt Alpha.

attachicon.gifP1230794(1).JPG

Bye the bye,      in 48 hour's,      A self generating reply, will/may appear on this thread, saying,

" auto-response, please do not reply to this thread, I am out of the office."

Don't worry, it's just in case I don't get out of the hospital theater,tomorrow,          heard it's a sell out, no tickets left. 

Best wishes for the Monday Op    ........           :sungum:

Evening, 'tis the weekend already, go enjoy yourselves.

Oh so you went in for botox then!  :jester:

Hope all went ok.

Graham.

No Graham, was gallbladder removal, that's at the front, buttoxs, are at the rear, well they were,before I went in, hang on , al just check.  :O

Glad to see your sense of bad humor is intact at least DT! 

Bad, is my insert, Shaun. you missed it out, must be your chespellerck,on your ipad

Glad to hear you're back home

Mal

:scratchhead: Oh, so I am Mal, thanks for reminder.

Here are a few photos, of the bespoke item,I ordered from Shapeways 3D printing, 

St Simon, has a shop on this website,

You can find the RMweb thread here,     3d-printing-laser-cutting-cad-cnc-group

I gave Simon the actual measurements of the shelter,at the Folkestone Exhibition last month.

Simon made a computer generated image, then submitted it to Shapeways.

I ordered the shorter version of the shelter and not the full length version.

Ordered, last Friday at 2200 hrs, with Shapeways,monthly offer of free Shipping, it arrived 1430 hrs,Wednesday,2 days ago.

Tonight, I have just unpacked it, I placed it on black card, here are the pics.

23001855591_c1cf6886fa_z.jpg

by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

22990763385_ac34858440_z.jpg

22990776595_fcc9cf3aa5_z.jpg

• Like 8

Hi,

I'm glad it came out David, look forward to it on the layout!

I hope you are pleased with it :)

Simon

Am very pleased with it Simon, thank you,  its my rubbish modelling that lets it down.

I have mentioned before, this canopy has a slight twist in it, I will have to re do the support legs.

22601486299_4df3359fb9_z.jpg

22372510463_3819eb6b5f_m.jpg

22601487049_6f1ac65d40_z.jpg

22372511983_d1f5e8ac53_z.jpg

DoverPrioryStation5812141.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

A like seems inadequate really David, so here's a full post to say firstly, glad to hear you survived the operation, hope they shoved all the bits back in the right places.

The platform shelter is great, it's going to look superb when painted up, and it's really getting difficult to distinguish between your photos of the layout, and photos of the real thing, you've captured the look and feel brilliantly.

Cheers,

Al.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The platform shelter is great, it's going to look superb when painted up, and it's really getting difficult to distinguish between your photos of the layout, and photos of the real thing, you've captured the look and feel brilliantly.

Cheers,

Al.

You mean there's pictures of Dover Priory the model The actual Dover priory in DTs last post. :O Where's my glasses?

A like seems inadequate really David, so here's a full post to say firstly, glad to hear you survived the operation, hope they shoved all the bits back in the right places.

Cheers,

Al.

Yep, know what you mean, I will press the agree button,    :jester:

Hope not, they should have shoved the other bits,back,that came out with the bit I did not want.

Glad you're sorted Mr T. and all is tickety-boo! :sungum:  :imsohappy:

Very nice 3-D item you've got there.

Dave

Thanks Dave, yours is better than mine.

You mean there's pictures of Dover Priory the model The actual Dover priory in DTs last post. :O Where's my glasses?

Just picked up my new set last Friday the 13th, from Specsavers, now I can see again, those pics look nothing like DP. may well start,    again.

Well, Mondays modelling night with Loftysr, Nothing of note, same for the last 3 Mondays.

Shewed him how to operate the ECoS, so he got to run steam enginges 1.  73, Royal Alex,  33. Earl Mountbatten, all sound equipped.

Then he wanted to run the SR green 4-Cig. i have not completed fitting a double drive motor chassis to it, but it ran anyway, well chuffed he was.

I have moved the 3d platform shelter,nearer to its final position.

Also ran the 66, Freightliner with ballast around.

A few pics.

22449880254_2b6c9ac286_z.jpg

23072685305_4209f2647c_z.jpg

23072685825_5e44bb6857_z.jpg

22654274408_81e214f249_z.jpg

22680396209_83660cae9e_z.jpg

22680397039_c422ae2463_z.jpg

Thanks for looking.    

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 12

WHAT??

Shewed him how to operate the ECoS, so he got to run steam enginges 1.  73, Royal Alex,  33. Earl Mountbatten, all sound equipped.

Then he wanted to run the SR green 4-Cig. i have not completed fitting a double drive motor chassis to it, but it ran anyway, well chuffed he was.

I have moved the 3d platform shelter,nearer to its final position.
Also ran the 66, Freightliner with ballast around.

Running trains on DP    :O   ..........    whatever next?   ....................................      

..............       You gotta edicat Lofty too   ...........    Class 421 (4Cig) electrical multiple units simply aren't "puffer trains"  .....    :no:  :no:

WHAT??

Running trains on DP    :O   ..........    whatever next?   ....................................      

..............       You gotta edicat Lofty too   ...........    Class 421 (4Cig) electrical multiple units simply aren't "puffer trains"  .....    :no:  :no:

Hmm,   Why not, Julian.

I doubt, if any one would notice !

23088831765_016ff78b0c_z.jpg

22467586753_905fe32e13_z.jpg

22696532419_569486cd9a_z.jpg

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 3

jcredfer, on 17 Nov 2015 - 08:41, said:

You gotta edicat Lofty too   ...........    Class 421 (4Cig) electrical multiple units simply aren't "puffer trains"  .....

This is used for short journeys' Julian.

22467586753_905fe32e13_z.jpg

This is used for Longer Journeys', Julian.

22695687827_d9783f0715_z.jpg

Lastest news,..

23087966566_dfc3c7b94b_z.jpg

The above arrived at 1000 hours this morning, along with 3 other sets,(pair's). from East Anglia.

Produced by Hornby, a number of years ago, all steel bodies and D.C. only.

They have been hardwired, there are,4 set's, (4.pair's), 2 x set's to run in consist, all speed matched,

the running lights, have been rewired,for correct running.

More, later ?

• Like 4

I see there has been a power-cut for the Cig  .....................   have next door been failing to pay their Electricity Bill again   ........    :nono:  :no:  :nono:

Hmm,   Why not, Julian.

I doubt, if any one would notice !

22696532419_569486cd9a_z.jpg

....    steam to the rescue again  .......      :locomotive:  :locomotive:

.....    best get into the tunnel and give the old Meter a tap to check   .......       :scratchhead:

Good to hear the Op went well. Hope your recovering nicely. The shelter looks superb now it's in situ. Have to agree with Al, I sometimes have to look twice whether the photos are the prototype or the model. Splendid work indeed.

By the way thanks for the ratings on PDW. Had a shock when I looked this morning at the quota at the top of the page. Hope you enjoyed it. I'm off to wave to Bodgit now on Castle Gresley footbridge.

All the best

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Layout looking great David - I do like the 4-CIG - could I ask where the cab ends/body sides came from? Also love the Networker pic, these models still look good 20 years later! If you're interested in a 4 car unit let me know - I'll be happy to make another pair of intermediate coaches for you if the parts are available!