Peco O Gauge Set Track

two tone green

A R-T-R brake van is already available from Dapol (SR/BR). Either that or the one sitting in it's box in my office is a figment of my imagination :)

Jon

Edited by KTM

A R-T-R brake van is already available from Dapol (SR/BR). Either that or the one sitting in it's box in my office is a figment of my imagination :)

Jon

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Enough, then, for a small r-t-r layout for goods only operation.

• RMweb Premium

On another forum, an employee of Peco has posted the following (confirming the information above)

Their geometry matches the straight and curve already produced, so 40.5" radius (same as Lenz 2nd radius) and 15.5" along the straight. Perfect for small industrials, perhaps in an exchange siding with some NG, although we have had a DJH 9F round the curves!

although we have had a DJH 9F round the curves!

Actually that bit doesn't surprise me. Why large radius curves are usually needed often isn't so much to do with a loco's ability to get round them, as it is because of the couplings - especially buffers & 3-links, especially on longer locos and stock. Buffer-locking is a phenomenon I suspect may well become a new (& discouraging) experience for anyone coming straight to O from 'normal' OO with tension lock couplers, if they try running longer stuff on these set track curves & points.

Even Kadee/buckeye couplings, although they can cope with tighter curves than buffers/3-links, can have problems. As I said when I posted my You-tube link last page, my Atlas SD40 can get round a 2' radius corner, but it can't pull stock through it as the ends of the loco - and hence the couplers - swing out too far, simply dragging stock off the rails.

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's a pity Adrian isn't here to comment on the two postings above - to my simple mind it looks like a very accurate model. Actually to be fair to ABS, I don't recall any comments about Ixion - but Dapol was a different matter . . . .

The March edition of Railway Modeller on page 263 includes some more information about the points including a top view of the right hand version and product codes (ST-750 for right hand and ST-751 for left hand).

The short news article also mentions the new OO9 setrack points which it says are peco 'unifrog' but doesn't seem to mention how the frog on the O gauge points works - although the small picture in RM and the pictures already posted on here suggest a metal frog of some kind.

Build your own, then there will be no waiting around I mean how long has this thread been running in anticipation of a final release date  :swoon: .

Martyn. 

PS .   The thread was actually started in September 2013, almost as bad as Dapol with their false hopes........ :smoke: