Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

• RMweb Premium

What is the one in 001-131-003-s000-r003 that is 222mm OD?

Andi

Hi Andi

The 222mm pully is used on headspan registraition support arms.

I found another pully 001-131-009-s000-r001 which is 320mm and has five holes.....I will let you find out what that is for, I off to enjoy opening my presents, Happy Xmas.

• Like 1

I`m simply gob smacked, blown away and speechless

Railway artistry at it`s best as the saying goes " a picture paints a thousand words "  well your pictures do that so well and  with the latest laid track area the minds eye just fills in the high detailed scenery automatically that is completed elsewhere on Minsterley. will look forward to watching Minsterley grow in style.

Many thanks Jeff & Ken, glad you enjoy it. Will be getting as much done as possible during the hols. Mainly tracklaying and then some ballasting. Alas ,I've run dry on the point motor front, so will only be able to install the points and then wait for the shops to open again.  Santa's been very generous this year - a Northern class 144!  Wow...an inspiration to get the layout up and running if ever there was one!

Dave 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Graham.  Many apologies for not replying sooner. Been here, there and everwhere lately.Thankyou for your kind comments. Alas, its a wee bit big & heavy to be portable. Afraid its stuck in my garage.

Will be doing some more pics tommorow of progress on the 'race-track', as I like to call it...the long straight where you can open the throttle a bit.

Dave

Edited by Doughnut

Finally completed the circuit. Roundy-roundy good to go! Should have used a golden fishplate or something!  Long straight and associated juncions completed, ballasted, points motorised and cable troughing, UTX etc installed. Next task, to finish placing the speed signs and then weather the lot. Then the OHLE! 

Dave

post-863-0-61298300-1389562097_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-11193100-1389562129_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-70053400-1389562154_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-50775200-1389562173_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-40622000-1389562194_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-71261600-1389562261_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-00626600-1389562284_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-87450400-1389562335_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-47069300-1389562355_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-79391500-1389562371_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doughnut
  • Like 10

Hi Clive

Yes, had to scratch around to find one outside a mainline station, but eventually found the slips at Newcastle, which is what this is based on. Think there are some at Kings X too, but they seem to be HW2000 operated, which is what the peco ones are based on, so wanted something different.

Going to try and represent  Hy-drive units on my big cross-over, if I can get enough pics of the real thing.

Dave

Edited by Doughnut
  • Like 1

Just finished the big crossover point operating machines -  Hy-Drives. Well a representation of them, probably one tie-bar too short, but it gives the idea. The real things underneath: two Cobalts.

Also started the last big 'Civil engineering project' :- the under-layout fiddle yard access road. 1 in 42 through the baseboards untilI have enough clearance between the top of a loco and the underside of the baseboard struts. Made a start on it anyway.

Dave

post-863-0-99828400-1389909623_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-73541600-1389909640_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doughnut
  • Like 4

post #110 the first and last low level pics are very realistic in presence, and now the track circuits are complete maybe a few train runs coming up too admire your work .

can hear your stock screaming run me, run me please :D  you know you want too ;)

Thanks Ken. Was tempted togo for 140mph and I have the speed signs printed too, but NetworkRail (Railtrack as it was then) chickened out when they tried it on the EastCoast, so 125 it has to be. Your right about the stock.....just itching  to get something up and running, but not got round to wiring any of the track up yet, so I will have to wait a while yet, unfortunately.

Dave

Thanks Ken. Was tempted togo for 140mph and I have the speed signs printed too, but NetworkRail (Railtrack as it was then) chickened out when they tried it on the EastCoast, so 125 it has to be. Your right about the stock.....just itching  to get something up and running, but not got round to wiring any of the track up yet, so I will have to wait a while yet, unfortunately.

Dave

I believe that it was the Office of Rail Regulation that prohibited 140mph running except for testing purposes, though I may be wrong. I've been wrong once or twice before....

I believe that it was the Office of Rail Regulation that prohibited 140mph running except for testing purposes, though I may be wrong. I've been wrong once or twice before....

Im sure you're right. They're all the same to me though.

Dave

You have some 'hands-on' experience with this then Ken?

Dave

The short answer Dave is yes with road/rail testing, had great fun with a CL43 :D  so with your track laying i`m sure your stock will cope when service schedules are running behind lol

The short answer Dave is yes with road/rail testing, had great fun with a CL43 :D  so with your track laying i`m sure your stock will cope when service schedules are running behind lol

Wow...Sounds great!

Scale 160mph down the race-track with my HST should look impressive! 8)

Dave