RCD vans

Growler Malachite was the friendliest girl in her year at School, she had a song named after her, something to do with a sweeping brush and a roll of parcel tape.

But I can't recall it.

I believe Sulzer(Sue for short)  went to sea with the Merchant Navy.

Sulzer, (nicknamed, Sue), did go to sea with the Merchant Navy but came back married to a Westcountry Ho called Westward!

They are now living on his pension in ex-married quarters maisonettes in Crewkerne.

Growler is still very 'friendly' and has the reputation of being one of the 'friendliest' women in her locality. She works as an assembler and tester for Bex Bissell. She did marry a man called Basil, (they are now separated), and has two children with him, a boy called Bog and a girl called Tuth!

• RMweb Premium

Very sad news everyone. Sue was missing his seafaring activities (and was broke to tell the truth) and went for a seasonal job on a cruise ship in the Southern Pacific area. Unfortunately he fell off the stage during an entertainment evening and never recovered from his injuries. He was 'buried' at sea.

P

• RMweb Premium

Was he still wearing the Sousaphone when they buried him?

I heard the Ships orchestra hasn't been the same since...............

Thanks Merc. I think you must have misheard as it was Sue's phone that was buried with him. I do hope you are not upset?

The Orchestra have not missed a gig since, so all is OK; don't worry.

Sincerely

Quackers.

Thanks Merc. I think you must have misheard as it was Sue's phone that was buried with him. I do hope you are not upset?

The Orchestra have not missed a gig since, so all is OK; don't worry.

Sincerely

Quackers.

No, I'm not upset at all. He died an elegant death, dressed in his top hat and tails, polished shoes and a cane.

No where were we?

• RMweb Premium

Considering some supposed rivet counters don't seem to be able to distinguish between rivets and bolt heads I think it's all guesswork anyway and they're just posers. They don't appear to pay any attention to the accuracy or otherwise of the diameter or spacing of said fastenings. The sooner the RCD van crews get them rounded up for re-education the better. I despair for the future of British pedantry.

(Personally, if it looks ok at 3ft with my reading glasses I'm happy.)

Pete

The young fella was a Rivet Guesser not a Rivet Counter which is pretty much my attitude to things.

I can see the difference. Does that make me a Guesser rather than a Counter in my modelling?

Why are we doing this?

Life is too short!

Happy Modelling.

• Like 1

Considering some supposed rivet counters don't seem to be able to distinguish between rivets and bolt heads I think it's all guesswork anyway and they're just posers. They don't appear to pay any attention to the accuracy or otherwise of the diameter or spacing of said fastenings. The sooner the RCD van crews get them rounded up for re-education the better. I despair for the future of British pedantry.

Pete

Pete.

Its a good job you put the last sentence in.

Otherwise that would have made you a Bolvet Counter and that would have mean designing a new type of Van!!!

Andy.

• Like 1

Pete

You have hit the rivet on the head! This is exactly what the hobby is about:-

Stand off scale

According to the Nuku'alofa News, Sulzer (Sue) Malachites canvas covered sea burial body was washed ashore on a lonely beach on Tongatapu. Local villagers carried the canvas covered body ashore and lay it on the huge stone feasting slab in the village centre. The village elder opened the canvas and took out the skeletal remains still covered in the back half of a horse costume. Also found in the bag was Sue's phone, remarkably still in working condition due ti its placement within an purpose waterproof armoured cover. The elder summoned the chief technician in the village who opened the call log and discovered the last call received. The elder detailed the countries only telephonist to dial the number and was told that he was due a repayment on his PPI.

A space on the slab was cleared alongside Sue's body and a great fish was hoisted onto it in preperation for the feast. In the festive excitement that followed a fish wife clambered over Sue's body and declared that she was the only person in the village that could lay on the slab and fillet!

According to the Nuku'alofa News, Sulzer (Sue) Malachites canvas covered sea burial body was washed ashore on a lonely beach on Tongatapu. Local villagers carried the canvas covered body ashore and lay it on the huge stone feasting slab in the village centre. The village elder opened the canvas and took out the skeletal remains still covered in the back half of a horse costume. Also found in the bag was Sue's phone, remarkably still in working condition due ti its placement within an purpose waterproof armoured cover. The elder summoned the chief technician in the village who opened the call log and discovered the last call received. The elder detailed the countries only telephonist to dial the number and was told that he was due a repayment on his PPI.

A space on the slab was cleared alongside Sue's body and a great fish was hoisted onto it in preperation for the feast. In the festive excitement that followed a fish wife clambered over Sue's body and declared that she was the only person in the village that could lay on the slab and fillet!

Erm? Ok, was it a Nokia 5610? I found one of them in a pair of trousers I had worn to a wedding about 5 years ago, it was still switched on and had 2 bars of power in it.

Edited by Merc435

Sulzer, (nicknamed, Sue), did go to sea with the Merchant Navy but came back married to a Westcountry Ho called Westward!

They are now living on his pension in ex-married quarters maisonettes in Crewkerne.

Growler is still very 'friendly' and has the reputation of being one of the 'friendliest' women in her locality. She works as an assembler and tester for Bex Bissell. She did marry a man called Basil, (they are now separated), and has two children with him, a boy called Bog and a girl called Tuth!

I believe she is now living near the City of Wells, with her second husband, an ex fighter pilot named Basher Robert Standard (or B.R. for short), and the family has taken his name, including the children.

Edited by 69843

Unfortunately on the day my very good friend and I took the photographs someone did take it seriously. An obstruction was placed on the track! Although the RCD van was unaffected the bogie on the second vehicle derailed. The obstruction was later found to be a Mk4 five eights be one rivet.

Is it a padded cell truck? It should be!

Edited by 9403