Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Swiss cheese, of course.  

The rivet counters would have a field day

measuring and counting the holes in the cheese.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mel_H said:

When your new RTR loco has a warped running plate, remember this...

Screen_Shot_2019-02-17_at_21_17_05.png

I have seen photos of at least one of these running in passenger service towards the end of its life with a very deformed running plate ahead of the front splasher, presumably the result of some heavy shunts?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/03/2019 at 18:54, Mel_H said:

And when they reused their 4-4-0 chassis from an earlier model they left the cylinder on. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

When you have run out of TSOs for your HST, just bung in an FO and re-letter the coach... seen at Peterborough this morning. It also contributed to the standing load (although no coach C at allwould have been worse ). Me? I waited 10 mins for the following MK4 and got a seat

62021393-7682-489B-AB9E-ABAD849ACF35.jpeg

• Like 1

On 28/03/2019 at 18:54, Mel_H said:

My Great Uncle Robert was a fitter at Beattock shed. Apparently it was not unusual for the bankers to take on interesting shapes. And the drivers of the lead locos were always convinced they weren't pushing...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mel_H said:

When you have run out of TSOs for your HST, just bung in an FO and re-letter the coach... seen at Peterborough this morning. It also contributed to the standing load (although no coach C at allwould have been worse ). Me? I waited 10 mins for the following MK4 and got a seat

62021393-7682-489B-AB9E-ABAD849ACF35.jpeg

Quite a common occurrence sticking 41190 to cover for a lack of TS.

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, 45125 said:

Quite a common occurrence sticking 41190 to cover for a lack of TS.

Aren't first-class cars supposed to have a yellow line at cantrail level?

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Closer examination of that photo shows that the 86 is in ex-works condition test/running in turn form Crewe Works??

Jim

It also looks like the mw jumper on the 86 is still in its holder, which suggests they were working in tandem not in multiple and so supports your suggestion that it is on test, and so has its own crew on board. The only oddity is that the test loco normal leads...unless it failed and was rescued by the 87?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

It also looks like the mw jumper on the 86 is still in its holder, which suggests they were working in tandem not in multiple and so supports your suggestion that it is on test, and so has its own crew on board. The only oddity is that the test loco normal leads...unless it failed and was rescued by the 87?

On the other hand, both pans are up, so probably not a total failure - maybe only the 87's rear jumper cable is the one that's connected (i.e. on the invisible side of the train)?? Did they need both connected? Not sure

Have you ever been tempted to just pick up a felt-tip and scrawl the loco number on the front of your class 47 model, because purchasing transfers and lining them up precisely is such a faff?

No worries, as long as you have a model of 47567 c1992

2019-04-04-0004.jpg.c3e55dc6e942f9c8896df0cb3cd67220.jpg

• Like 11
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jonny777 said:

Have you ever been tempted to just pick up a felt-tip and scrawl the loco number on the front of your class 47 model, because purchasing transfers and lining them up precisely is such a faff?

No worries, as long as you have a model of 47567 c1992

Not sure I’d’ve counted that scrawled number for a “cop” without photographic confirmation.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1