Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Unrebuilt Spamcan in 00.  From what I understand, no-one has ever done one RTR, and, unlike everything else I've suggested, it is a well-known, important, and significant class in the history of mainline English rail.

• RMweb Gold

Unrebuilt Spamcan in 00.  From what I understand, no-one has ever done one RTR, and, unlike everything else I've suggested, it is a well-known, important, and significant class in the history of mainline English rail.

Hornby do an unrebuilt WC in OO, and are doing an unrebuilt MN, which is yet to be released.

L1 would be bound to be a winner.   :victory:

Something Caledonian in that lovely eye catching livery.  :blackeye:

43xx - GWR   (Bachmann split chassis well passed it's day)  

RTR Bullion Van

Dynamometer - LNER

RTR Dancehall Brake Van - SECR

How about that for a diverse set of suggestions - any takers?   :picknose:

I too have a kite to fly, and I should like an opportunity to play.

I make no pretence that my wishes have a commercial justification, but then a few years back no one could have proposed a BWT, or an Adams 415, or 56ft Gate Stock, or a 58ft Two-set.

So for my kite I choose another Drummond 4-4-0, (the S 15 lights my fire), an Adams Jubilee 0-4-2 and/or another 4-4-0, and for rolling stock a cross-country non-corridor Lav 3 set.

Impossible? Well maybe, but they have all scored well in the annual wishlist poll, and the success rate for this poll is rather good.

PB

We really need some coaches to go with the Kernow 02 IOW versions - almost nothing on the market, even in kit form, that is exactly right (apart from some very early vehicles which would not do for the BR versions). Several LBSCR and SER/LCDR kits could be used but would need a lot of cutting and shutting to get the lengths right, something I would hesitate to do with a £60 kit. The LSWR/SR RTR coaches are a reasonable substitute but still not right. I wonder if this is commercially a goer, but why produce the IOW versions commercially, with nothing for them to realistically pull?

Meanwhile, modeller's licence will have to prevail.

I don't recall anyone mentioning an LMS 0-4-4T.  Midland and Caley ones, perhaps.

Now, NER 0-4-4 tanks are a different matter- who would be able to swear that the dimensions of a BTP class were wrong?  Almost no two of them were identical...

:)

Just a thought.

Les

• Like 1

We really need some coaches to go with the Kernow 02 IOW versions - almost nothing on the market, even in kit form, that is exactly right (apart from some very early vehicles which would not do for the BR versions). Several LBSCR and SER/LCDR kits could be used but would need a lot of cutting and shutting to get the lengths right, something I would hesitate to do with a £60 kit. The LSWR/SR RTR coaches are a reasonable substitute but still not right. I wonder if this is commercially a goer, but why produce the IOW versions commercially, with nothing for them to realistically pull?

Meanwhile, modeller's licence will have to prevail.

Pretty sure if you look on Roxey Mouldings site you will find a couple of coach kits that you can build for the IOW.. If brass scares you SmallBrook Studio do a few and some wagons in resin.

Now that Dave has advised he is to produce (a) wagon(s), my wagon wish would be a BR anhydrite hopper as used on the S&C in single use consists. These, with the ICI limestone hoppers are synonymous with 1950s and 60s long freight hopper movements over the Midland, in rugged and beautiful parts of the Peak District and Cumbria. The anhydrite hoppers give the opportunity for various levels of weathering, similar to the proposed Oxford/Hattons ICI hoppers, and multi packs

• 3 weeks later...

LBSCR K class 2-6-0 lovely locos tragically withdrawn as a class in 1962.     Long lived ,  not too big and can be done in four liveries.

Five at least surely, LBSCR umber, SR olive, Wartime black, BR black early crest, BR black late crest. and that's not counting BR lettering variations or WWI economies, which may or may not have occurred.

Dave  - did the possibility of Kernow and Bachmann producing a 2 HAP make any progress please? I only ask because it has come up again on another thread (Thumper). If it is commercially confidential, fair enough.

Thanks

Mike

Dave  - did the possibility of Kernow and Bachmann producing a 2 HAP make any progress please? I only ask because it has come up again on another thread (Thumper). If it is commercially confidential, fair enough.

Thanks

Mike

Hi mate, no info on this, but in all honesty it wouldnt come about because of me or DJM involvement, so it's really none of my business.

Try Kernow direct?

sorry

cheers

Dave

Not to sound too much like a stuck record but I cannot understand why no manufacturer has gone for a Wisbech & Upwell Y6 or J70 tram. I am sure they would sell well - yes they were geographically confined and a bit (a lot!) of a niche BUT lots of enthusiasts have a soft spot for the W&U and I think would get one just because they like them. Beattie Well Tanks, Adams Radials etc have the same kind of niche markets but have/are arriving on the market. There is also the Thomas connection which could be exploited in a commercial sense... surely a winner! Anyway, end of the naive comments and I'll keep dreaming!! :derisive:

Keep up the good work Dave!