RMweb

RMweb commission Hunslet 'Austerity' through DJModels

Andy Y

Had mine out on the layout today for the first time. Really is a superb little model indeed! The livery is just stunning! As mentioned cameras do have a hard time in picking up the correct shade of yellow. Anyway here's a couple of pictures and a full video review will hopefully follow soon...  

post-20663-0-62037400-1473350294_thumb.jpg

post-20663-0-88239200-1473350386_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm actually thinking there's a nice sideline in the screw fit nem coupling pockets too...

I could do with more than a couple of these.

If I want to put an NEM coupling to a US NMRA fitting this could be just the trick.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

I am happy to report that conversion to EM has proved straight forward following Andy Ys example. I have pulled the wheels out on the stub axles and the loco is currently circling the clubs test track in EM.

It's not a finessed conversion yet, I need to insert spacers and some glue but the process has at least worked.

The loco runs sweet and quietly.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just seen that pop up on my subscriptions. Nice video :)

And well done Dave for putting your money where your mouth is. Looks to be a quality model. Now... How about a southern Z class to rival Hornby's big western tanks...

Not until I've sold my DMR Z Kit please....................................................... :scared:

P

Mine has thrown the left hand centre crankpin (part 66 on the exploded diagram) it had this when it arrived and it's been swallowed by the layout/carpet monster. I've found the spares section of the DJM website but haven't the foggiest how to order a new set?

Mine has thrown the left hand centre crankpin (part 66 on the exploded diagram) it had this when it arrived and it's been swallowed by the layout/carpet monster. I've found the spares section of the DJM website but haven't the foggiest how to order a new set?

That's easy.....PM me lol

From DJ Models website:

"In co-operation with my distributor, each model locomotive will be personally hand checked by me for running ability, wobble, back to backs, lighting etc., before being sent out to the customer, so that when you receive your DJM locomotive you can be as sure as can be that it is in good health straight out of the box."

Dave tells me the models are checked and tested for running BEFORE being boxed in China.  This would explain a lot as anything travelling in a container ship is subject to a huge amount of undamped vibration, including frequencies that will over time loosen any screws that have only been about 80% tightened.  That would leave quite a margin for post-inspection and pre-sale failure.

However, this is vastly better than no inspection and test at all.....

Les

Does anyone know what whistle #65 had????

small point but I'd like to get the sound right - typical high pitched whistle or Stanier hooter???

Don't panic Ian, both whistle types are included in my J94/Austerity ProtoDrive sound project so you can pre-select which of them to use when you find out what it should be for this loco.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 1

My replacement yellow peril arrived today, and has done a couple of hours running in on the club layout with no problems.

HOWEVER  there was a note from Kernow, handwritten in red ink which I will quote in full, including spelling.

"Please find enclosed a replacement J94 for your faulty model.  Please note for future referense any models bought direct from D.J. Models should be returned direct to D.J at the address on the card within the box. Regards and ---------  Chris".  The last word is unreadable -looks like charly.

This begs the question that there is no address on the card in the box.   I am less than impressed with Kernow's attitude and will now think again VERY seriously about a couple of THEIR limited editions I was thinking of buying.  I just hope I have no further problems with my Model Rail USA Tank.

At least now we know what to do if a Yellow Peril is defective.

Les

Wow very impressive. Looking at that I'm guessing it will fit in the smokebox?

Yes, open the firebox, using forceps (tweezers) tease out the 6 pin socket on it's harness, plug in the decoder with speaker soldered to the purple speaker wires (shortened to reduce bulk). Insulate all bare metals as usual, push in the harness and decoder followed by the speaker ensuring nothing gets trapped and replace cover.

CV267 = 105 should give pretty good chuff sync.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 1