Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Troutons

enginelane

Class 150 attention now turns to the underframe. Can any one direct to a good source of underframe details. the kit comes with the main boxes and cylinders but either wire, tubing have gone missing, as have the instructions but would like to add more pipe work.

Edited by enginelane

• RMweb Premium

Class 150 attention now turns to the underframe. Can any one direct to a good source of underframe details. the kit comes with the main boxes and cylinders but either wire, tubing have gone missing, as have the instructions but would like to add more pipe work.

Young Matthew might be able to get some prototype photos for you if you contact him.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Any new updates on your "fab" layout chaps?? :paint:

Just awaiting the layout space meeting for the clubrooms to decide if Troutons can be put up in the Clubrooms with more boards than usual. Will be up for two Monday's to commission the signalling system and attend to the few problems thrown up by Leeds Show. Then looking forward to the short trip to Pontefract.

Between then and Halifax in October will be looking carefully at what areas can be super detailed and of course I am sure Chris will have some more special liveries.

Had a surprise awakening this morning, 7.03 delivery from Hattons from order placed 15.53 previous day! Excellent service!

post-9435-0-38653000-1419320141_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Compared the underframe of the Bachmann and the kit. One or two bits to scratch with tube, rod, strip and sheet. I wonder if I have lost a bag somewhere?

Thinking more and more of turning the kit into the Network Rail 150 set.

post-9435-0-96124800-1419324645_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-45882200-1419324792.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Compared the underframe of the Bachmann and the kit. One or two bits to scratch with tube, rod, strip and sheet. I wonder if I have lost a bag somewhere?

Thinking more and more of turning the kit into the Network Rail 150 set.

Looks like another painting job for Chris is in the offing.

Jamie

• Like 1

Making some progress with the underframe but festive hams, smoked salmon terrines keep getting in the way plus today there is the turkey that needs some preparation but hopefully a quiet hour for some modelling. Thanks for your kind comments this year on how Troutons has progressed

Took the plunge and conversion kit ordered but since I have a non cheque book account will need to buy my first postal order for over 25 years. No one will be surfacing in the house for the next 2 hours so will make a start on removing the corridor connectors on the cab fronts.

Also had a good look at the underframe of the Bachmann 150. A lot to keep me happy on sleepless nights with rod and strip etc!

Looks like I was lucky with City Link and the delivery of the Class 150. Delivery man was a cheerful soul at 7.03am earlier this week, sadly will not be today. I see a venture capital group are involved in its ownership. Can anyone give a good example of when such groups involvement did not result in administration etc?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Took the plunge and conversion kit ordered but since I have a non cheque book account will need to buy my first postal order for over 25 years. No one will be surfacing in the house for the next 2 hours so will make a start on removing the corridor connectors on the cab fronts.

Hi Steve,

A 150/1 is the best starting point for 950001 as the 150/2's have sliding and recessed cab doors as opposed to the hinged/flush door of a 150/1.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

Hi Steve,

A 150/1 is the best starting point for 950001 as the 150/2's have sliding and recessed cab doors as opposed to the hinged/flush door of a 150/1.

Cheers,

Mick

That is the beauty of RMweb, good info from people in the know. Will have a closer look at the other details. I assumed that was part of the conversion kit