Trent Valley Show - 2014

Northpoint

I have no lighting rig sorted for mine Jordan, so I wouldn't worry.

The hall is very well lit, if the sun's out. My rig uses small flurescent tube lights & won't be all that effective (unless it goes cloudy outside!!) but it has the layout name on it & looks nice.... well I think so anyway... ;)

Stock packed.

Locos packed.

Buildings, vehicles, "bits'n'pieces" packed.

Controls etc packed.

Layout dismantling tomorrow; wedge it all in the car Friday evening. :O

Debating whether to bother bringing my lighting rig or not...

Nick one more thing - can you just order dry weather for Friday & Saturday, please, if it's not too much trouble?

Just seen the weather forecast - should be dry at least.

Re lighting - you know the hall Jordan - it is pretty good lightwise especially if the sun shines so lighting (or lack of) shouldn't be a problem.

The hall is very well lit, if the sun's out. My rig uses small flurescent tube lights & won't be all that effective (unless it goes cloudy outside!!) but it has the layout name on it & looks nice.... well I think so anyway... ;)

From memory, in the morning the sun shines through the rooflights onto the area where layout 10 is.

Amazing what a bit of black card can do for a layout.

20140611_212024.jpg

Well, to be topical - it's better than a red card.

Dry and cool ideally.

I am bringing my fans though!!

I'm bringing 3!

But I call them 'spare operators'.

Just had a look at the plan,a full house indeed.

2 days to go!!!

i can't wait,the suspense is killing me,i'm getting too excited (i'm on my second pair of pants so far today!!!),see you all bright and early Saturday morning.

Nick

Are there any road works this year or will we have a clear run?

Dan

you'll see Chris G and another disappear again at dinner time,but not for food!!!!

Ray

Ray

Not sure which way you come but if anyone uses the A38 through Derby its been a little messy with roadworks lately.

I'll suffer in the heat and humidity. Make my Louisiana setting that much more realistic. Though I draw the line at punters being savaged by gators. :P

It's sure going to be hot in your room.with all that hot air flying about,you've got some of the best talkers on the exhibition circuit, all in the same room,not to mention those extra gases after the pub!!!!!  :declare:   :bad:   

Cheers Dave,i'll be on M6,A51 so just the cameras to bother about!

Ray

p.s one day to go, don't forget the wet paint signs

To be followed by Volume 2 - "Get Someone Else to Operate It".....

Volume 3 - "A Guide to Pubs Near Exhibition Venues".....

Volume 4 - "Advances in DCC Remote Control - How to Operate an Exhibition Layout, From Inside the Pub"

Volume 4 - "Advances in DCC Remote Control - How to Operate an Exhibition Layout, From Inside the Pub"

Don't laugh. With my shed's wifi also being a relay to the wifi nodes in the house I can actually reach the layout's laptop with WiThrottle from the café across the street. Now if only we still had a pub that close.

• RMweb Gold

Don't laugh. With my shed's wifi also being a relay to the wifi nodes in the house I can actually reach the layout's laptop with WiThrottle from the café across the street. Now if only we still had a pub that close.

I gather that JMRI allows remote operation of the internet. Its just the remote cameras that I need to figure out!!

I gather that JMRI allows rmeote operation of the internet. Its jsut the rmeote cameras that I need to figure out!!

There are enough cctv systems with apps out there. Just need 2 gizmos. One to drive the trains and the other to watch the streaming video. Brilliant. Just think Ian, you could be running your layout while pretending to work. :sungum:

Way back when in the early days of the interwebby there was a university in Germany that had a small remote controlled layout which could be driven from a web page. These days anyone can do it.

I wasn't laughing.... just waiting for it to happen.... ;)

• RMweb Gold

There are enough cctv systems with apps out there. Just need 2 gizmos. One to drive the trains and the other to watch the streaming video. Brilliant. Just think Ian, you could be running your layout while pretending to work. :sungum:

Way back when in the early days of the interwebby there was a university in Germany that had a small remote controlled layout which could be driven from a web page. These days anyone can do it.

I remember seeing that layout on the web but it was not working each time I tried.

I was thinking more from the pub than work!!

Ian

I could do with a couple of "PUNTERS TOUCHING THE LAYOUT WILL BE FED TO THE GATORS" signs.

I don't know of your experiences from attending previous shows, but TVNAM gets a different quality of punter from an average show.

Archived