'Ashcombe'

georgeT

• RMweb Gold

Great photos George.

One thing that I've noticed, even with very clean preserved locos, how there still is a bit of muck and streaks on the loco / tender, plus the oil / grease / muck around the underframes.

A little subtle weathering wouldn't go amiss on any 'pristene' engine in model form ....

Aside from my personal preference to weathered locos ....

Evening Richard,  Must admit l do hate clean models, much prefer some subtle weathering, when l get round to doing the stock at 'Ashcombe'  the colour used will be very much the same colour of the track, subtle is the word, 

George

Hello Lads, Been busy this morning putting the boards on the sides with hardboard, they will be cut down tomorrow to form the edging for the scenery, put a nice thick beading of PVA on the top and on the bottom edges as well,,

post-7716-0-26253200-1405338197_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-22560600-1405338223_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-89236200-1405338260_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-56338500-1405338331_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-16425600-1405338335_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-92369500-1405338338_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-45546300-1405338342_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-22970000-1405338346_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-31479200-1405338349_thumb.jpg

Hello Andy / Bob,  Yes l am very pleased with the progress, most of the sides will be lost when l start cutting the scenery, don't know what l want yet still looking for ideas, l think the brewery area will be a type of courtyard with the road access on the other end of the building, so just the rail link will be built, don't know just what to do at this moment....

George

Hello Lads,  Had a nice long chat to Bodgit today and the good news is that he is feeling much more like his old self, still can't drive yet, as the sight is not quite right, but he seems happier, he is even thinking of getting another acoustic guitar to help with the boredom of not doing anything, he knows that l have just bought one so its who can get out on the road first.  hahaha

George

Hello Lads,  Had a nice long chat to Bodgit today and the good news is that he is feeling much more like his old self, still can't drive yet, as the sight is not quite right, but he seems happier, he is even thinking of getting another acoustic guitar to help with the boredom of not doing anything, he knows that l have just bought one so its who can get out on the road first.  hahaha

George

No contest buddy, I already have bookings, :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  (in my dreams) :nono:  I do miss the Gigs we did.

Bodge.

Hello Don, Nice to hear from you again, Yes 'Ashcombe' is really strong,  with the guitars, well me and Bodgit are going to bring the flower power back to the midland once again ? hahaha

George

At least you could depend on me dropping the odd bar or two, if your going to Fat sams disco (san francisco) you better get some flowers for our hair, l will have to get some tattooed on me ed' as l ain't got any hair now ?  maybe they won't notice ?  hahaha

peace man.

Goodness George,

The thought of you and AndyP on the road with a large flower behind your ears! Suspect the hippie hairdos might cause something of a problem hahaha!

Seriously mate, thanks for the bulletin on 'Bodge' - great news for all his fans! We've missed his regular humour and generally supportive posts but he is doing the right thing and taking things slowly - I guess Dees keeping a beady eye on him as the event must have been as big a scare for her as it was for him.

Ashcombe is really coming together now and I can't wait to see the scenery growing - don't whatever you do forget to get some grass in there to keep Andy happy,

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS must have typed this as you posted the above George!

Hi mate, ordered mine today (the Guitar that is) as I still cant get out of the house, (for those who don't know, Dee doesn't drive), should be here tomorrow.

I actually fitted a DCC chip into a Bachmann Prairie Tank today, I could only test it was working by putting two wires from the Bachy controller across the wheels, but at least it worked.

Need some more layout pics George, I need some West Country inspiration mate.

Bodge.

Hello Jock,  lts is great news that 'Bodge' is on the mend, as he has told us he fitted a chip in his loco, and that must be a good sign...

Hello Al,  Yes l am pleased with the progress at 'Ashcombe' can't wait to get some scenery on it.

Hello Alan,  Thanks for dropping in, its about the most l have ever done for myself before losing interest, l was looking at 'Wencombe' last night and thought that 'Ashcombe' could do with some DMUs, not too sure which ones mind.

Hello Andy,  l will try some scenery soon, never got this far ?

George

Hi Mate, I'm not sure about the bit Station side of the Signal Cabin between the sidings and the running lines, I would have thought that would have been flat with cinders and just a bit overgrown as I did on Marlbury for you.

post-9335-0-85350500-1405508978.jpg

All the best and chat tonight, I should have my AXE by then.

Bodge.

Archived