Cwm Bach - A South Wales Branch Line

81A Oldoak

Yesterday, I started to build my Rhymney R Class 0-6-2T from the Dragon Models kit. I'll open a new forum and post some photos when I have some real progress to report. As usual, whenever I build a metal kit every task seems to take at least four times longer than planned and expected.

Yesterday, I started to build my Rhymney R Class 0-6-2T from the Dragon Models kit. I'll open a new forum and post some photos when I have some real progress to report. As usual, whenever I build a metal kit every task seems to take at least four times longer than planned and expected.

Whenever anyone builds a metal kit every task seems to take at least four times longer than planned and expected.

It appears lighter than reality in the photo. The actual colour is matched to Humbrol Matt 88 Deck Green.

Can you confirm that it is 88 and not 38 ... the former looked to dark when i was in my local shop tuther day?  It could have been the shop lighting though.

Can you confirm that it is 88 and not 38 ... the former looked to dark when i was in my local shop tuther day?  It could have been the shop lighting though.

Jack,

It is definitely Humbrol M88. Often the colours don't appear correctly on a computer screen.

Regards,

Chris

Here is a shot of Minerva's three little ladies each wearing a different bonnet on a recent visit to Cwm Bach. Apart from the decals on the GWR and BR versions, all other accoutrements on the locos are supplied with each loco. Yum, yum.

Yum, yum indeed. Passing over the awful graffiti on the LH loco' they do look really good. If I didn't already have "Susan" I would snap one up like a shot.

Now if, as I suspect, this first batch sells out really fast, and you decide to do a second batch in a different colour (like you have done with the Hudswell Clarke) - what about a batch in crimson lake? - I would buy one of those.

Chaz

Jack,

It is definitely Humbrol M88. Often the colours don't appear correctly on a computer screen.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks!  I have a terrier which could do with a repaint to match the Hudswell and the Peckett ...

• Like 1

Humbrol M88?

Just to be clear: this is Deck Green Matt in the acrylic range ( www.humbrol.com/uk-en/shop/paints/acrylic-paints/page/3.html ); there is no 88 in the enamel range ( www.humbrol.com/uk-en/shop/paints/enamel-paints/page/4.html ), it jumps from 87 to 89.

David

Sorry about the confusion. It is Humbrol Enamel Matt 80 Grass Green. When we were designing the Ixion Hudswell Clarke, we colour matched the injection moulded plastic with a swatch of M80 and then used the same Pantone for the Peckett. .

Humbrol M88?

Just to be clear: this is Deck Green Matt in the acrylic range ( www.humbrol.com/uk-en/shop/paints/acrylic-paints/page/3.html ); there is no 88 in the enamel range ( www.humbrol.com/uk-en/shop/paints/enamel-paints/page/4.html ), it jumps from 87 to 89.

David

There is a no.88 Deck Green Matt in the enamel range , it's no. AA0970 (the acrylic being AB008) and it's listed in stock on the Humbrol website. Had me worried for a moment there, as going from memory it's the paint I use for - funnily enough - the decks on post war RN ship models and I thought they might have discontinued it. But I haven't built a ship for a while, so memory could be wrong!

Keith

Edit due to damn autocorrect on this tablet.

Edited by keefr2

Guest Isambarduk

Fair enough, Keith.  I am sorry if I had you worried but I still cannot see Deck Green (No 88) as an enamel paint on the Humbrol website on the page that lists their enamel paints in numerical order:

www.humbrol.com/uk-en/shop/paints/enamel-paints/page/4.html

but if you have found it somewhere else, that's great (though it's a shame Humbrol are not consistent on their website).

David

I couldn't give a link last night as I don't know how to on a Fire Tablet (& I spent 25 years as a programmer!!), but here's where I found it;

http://www.humbrol.com/uk-en/88-deck-green-matt-14ml-enamel-paint.html?___SID=U

Strangely, they had stock last night, but it's sold out this morning! Weird how it's not in the numerical list though....

Apologies to Chris for wandering OT.

Keith

Edited by keefr2