Cwm Bach - A South Wales Branch Line

81A Oldoak

• RMweb Gold

Ah, but do you have a copy of the Ian Allan “Train Spotter Spotter’s Guide”?

Spotters are classified by loudness crossed by waistline, subdivided by apparel - mostly plastic-based coats, which provide of course for increased BO.

I think I have a copy of Ian Allan's GWR Rivet Counting spotters book. Every engine with the number of rivets used to build each is listed.

It comes in 25 volumes

Paul R

Is that 25 volumes per loco, to cover all rebuilds, boiler changes, repairs etc.?

• Like 1

The first consignment of Minerva 0 Gauge RTR GWR 57XX 0-6-0 pannier tank locomotives with welded tanks has arrived in the UK and cleared customs. They are scheduled for delivery to Minerva HQ tomorrow. Following quality checking and testing, the dispatch of advanced orders in numerical sequence will start with the DC versions on Monday 27th November. If you want your model delivered at the Reading show on Saturday 2nd December please send a request by email to sales@minervamodelrailways.co.uk with your name and address.

Happy Christmas,

Chris

• Like 2

For reasons unknown I am unable to upload photographs and other attachments. The button only lets me select one photo and then I go to preview it disappears. Anyone know what's happening?

CK

I can only do one pic at a time now, Andy Y says it will be sorted soon, but not had the preview / disappearing problem Chris.

Hello Chris.

I've just uploaded a photo ok.  It let me preview it but just showed the link in the post with the preview photo shown above it out of the post frame.  When I posted it the photo was there.

It felt different doing it but it did post up what I wanted.

Be lucky

Sadly, RMWeb continues not to let me post photographs. This is a shame because I have rather nice photos of  3753 at Cwm Bach with her new crew courtesy of ModelU. Here is a link to my FaceBook page that work https://www.facebook.com/christopher.klein.1804 I also have some good photos of the Minerva 57XXs, which we are busy sending out to customers.

Hoping for a return to normal service,

Chris

https://www.facebook.com/christopher.klein.1804

• Like 1

Afraid I'm unable to view these without being a "member" of Facebook which is rather a pity.

May I ask if you have raised this issue with any of the Mods here ?

As I mentioned to you briefly on Saturday at Reading whilst purchasing the new 57xx, I do follow you thread with great interest and I'm certain, as will you be, to see progress here.

Grahame

Afraid I'm unable to view these without being a "member" of Facebook which is rather a pity.

May I ask if you have raised this issue with any of the Mods here ?

As I mentioned to you briefly on Saturday at Reading whilst purchasing the new 57xx, I do follow you thread with great interest and I'm certain, as will you be, to see progress here.

Grahame

Grahame,

I have told Andy York who says it's not a unique problem and something to do with Firefox changes. However, the photos won't load irrespective of which web browser I use.

Regaeds,

Chris

It seems that I have solved the problem, but I have to browse and upload each file individually. Anyway, here at last are the photos, which I hope fulfil expectations. The figures are by ModelU.

Regards,

Chris

That seems like the problem I was having. The Advanced Uploader was making Flash crash whenever I tried to select files, so I had to switch to the Basic Uploader, that worked, but one photo at a time. When I updated to Firefox 57, the problem went away, and I'm back to using the Advanced Uploader.

• RMweb Premium

It seems that I have solved the problem, but I have to browse and upload each file individually. Anyway, here at last are the photos, which I hope fulfil expectations. The figures are by ModelU.

Regards,

Chris

Very nice. Now how about some of the new 57xx please?!

By the way, did drivers overalls all start navy and fade or were some paler to start with?

Edited by Hal Nail

Regards,

Chris

YES indeed they do.

• RMweb Premium

Very nice. Now how about some of the new 57xx please?!

By the way, did drivers overalls all start navy and fade or were some paler to start with?

They started Navy but if you took them home and the missus boiled them with soap powder, they gradually shaded to pale blue. Around the fifties there were schemes introduced where you paid into an overalls plan, and were provided with fresh overalls each week. The firm doing the plan used dry cleaning, and overalls kept their colour better, but not everybody had this facility.

• RMweb Premium

They started Navy but if you took them home and the missus boiled them with soap powder, they gradually shaded to pale blue. Around the fifties there were schemes introduced where you paid into an overalls plan, and were provided with fresh overalls each week. The firm doing the plan used dry cleaning, and overalls kept their colour better, but not everybody had this facility.

Thanks i’ll try boiling them - they are staying resolutely dark blue and look ridiculous!

Having purchased my very first RTR O Gauge loco, the 57xx, last Saturday at Reading, I must say how pleased I am with it.

Superb runner and now looking to have a sound decoder re-blown to install.

I suppose I had better start the layout !

Grahame

• Like 5