SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

They have made a nice job of that Station. I have relatives up the road from there but, being dairy/beef farming folk, they probably won't be there much longer sadly.

Long way from the village as were many of the Stations on this line. Thanks CK. 

I've been up there in recent history. Bodmin was in charge (Iate 90s?)

Phil

The current owner and his wife are very affable and they have a real interest in the preservation of the line.

Interesting to note you've got relative down here Ducky, I've probably met them at some point. It was my old area when I worked as a Building Inspector and got to meet a great many of the locals over the past 25 years in the job.

• Like 1

That looks like CK Towers, with instructions on how the hoi-poloi should behave.

You couldn't be further from the truth Stu really nice people living there and massive railway enthusiasts. Nice cup of tea as well !

• RMweb Gold

You couldn't be further from the truth Stu really nice people living there and massive railway enthusiasts. Nice cup of tea as well !

Exactly. The real Kernow Towers is inhabited by complete and utter ba8tards, who hate railways and don't offer any cups of tea!

• RMweb Premium

They must be fairly recent owners then as I seem to remember it being quite run down 20/25 years back.

Phil

They must be fairly recent owners then as I seem to remember it being quite run down 20/25 years back.

Phil

Probably the past 4/5 years maybe a bit more. Ironically I met him last week in town. Very involved with the railway scene still I'm pleased to say.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

joint bars

attachicon.gifyard 31.jpg

as opposed to hash cakes

attachicon.gif4156JWCcHVL._SY375_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

You reminded me of an incident that made the local press when I lived at Horsted Keynes. A group of middle aged, reasonably well-to-do folks were camping at HK station field for the weekend, celebrating a birthday. One of them, as a joke brought a cannabis birthday cake. Turned out to be quite potent and the whole lot of them were rendered helpless. Plod were called but I believe saw the funny side and took no formal action. The film would have to star Bill Nighy, Hugh Grant and Keira "twice" Knightly

post-12721-0-74493700-1454753876_thumb.jpg

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 3

You reminded me of an incident that made the local press when I lived at Horsted Keynes. A group of middle aged, reasonably well-to-do folks were camping at HK station field for the weekend, celebrating a birthday. One of them, as a joke brought a cannabis birthday cake. Turned out to be quite potent and the whole lot of them were rendered helpless. Plod were called but I believe saw the funny side and took no formal action. The film would have to star Bill Nighy, Hugh Grant and Keira "twice" Knightlyattachicon.gifkeira_knightley_1410171226_540x540.jpg

Watch ya back mate !

• RMweb Premium

I thought that story was about the event in the HK field where an Artisan cake maker had made some 'interesting' Choccy Brownies and they were on sale to the visiting public, many of whom then had 'interesting' experiences. 

probably an Urban myth.

Anyway, back to some modelling.

As SWMBO is out visiting a local Garden Cenre, I decided to revisit the Norman Soloman Track Building/laying DVD to remind myself of his ballasting methods. 

I'd forgotten how lovely his hand built track is but I still can't quite get to grips with his pour it (the ballast) all over the whole pre Febonded, foam base area that he has laid the track on. If I tried that it would deffo end in disaster.

Next I think a long read of the  Brian Lambert MR site (electrickery section) is on the cards.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I thought that story was about the event in the HK field where an Artisan cake maker had made some 'interesting' Choccy Brownies and they were on sale to the visiting public, many of whom then had 'interesting' experiences. 

probably an Urban myth.

As SWMBO is out visiting a local Garden Cenre, I decided to revisit the Norman Soloman Track Building/laying DVD to remind myself of his ballasting methods. 

I'd forgotten how lovely his hand built track is but I still can't quite get to grips with his pour it (the ballast) all over the whole pre Febonded, foam base area that he has laid the track on. If I tried that it would deffo end in disaster.

Next I think a long read of the  Brian Lambert MR site (electrickery section) is on the cards.

P

Ah, Febond - now that is a slightly different recipe of pva (unless things have changed) so i wonder if it makes a difference?

• RMweb Premium

Ah, Febond - now that is a slightly different recipe of pva (unless things have changed) so i wonder if it makes a difference?

FEbond is flexible when it dries so Mr S says and it is easier to spread around as it is not such a thick product. I've yet to find any locally.

P

• RMweb Gold

I couldn't find any locally either so bought mine off ebay. Have yet to do any ballasting so cannot comment on it's sound deadening properties compared to normal pva.

Edited by Taz

• RMweb Premium

probably an Urban myth.

P

I just woke up having finished reading the wiring bits of Brian's site about 19.00 last evening............................I now know what a point is and if it's a Pecoboo one it has some wires and if it doesn't you can add some wires. Brill, I shall start looking at bits of wire immediately. 

Sir Cuit

We happened to be travelling through Honiton Tunnel last night but I didn't take a picture this time as it was dark.

We arrived at Axminster - having run slowly for a while - to an announcement over the tannoy informing us that there was flooding ahead (a subsequent conversation with the Guard obtained the knowledge that it was Broom Gates again, where it was flooded three years ago) so they would be held there "until further notice".  He was then informed that the line was now closed at Whimple due to flooding there as well so they weren't going back to Exeter either.

The Axe was flooded at Axminster and Weycroft, and all the usual crossing places including Chard Junction, so what should have been an 8 mile trip home took us 30 miles and about an hour and a half through some of the strangest floods I have ever been through - several places were uphill - and in a Fiesta that was not fun.