SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I think the caterpillar is a metaphor for the thread. From all this chaos, there is a cocoon building in the loft from which we hope a beautiful layout will emerge!

..........................or maybe....................................post-2326-0-42136900-1454491883.jpg

Shall I take a picture of the M7 actually on some track?

Many thank for dragging this heap of wonderment to 100 pages; to you all I salute.

Quackers.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

..........................or maybe....................................

Many thank for dragging this heap of wonderment to 100 pages; to you all I salute.

Quackers.

I'll drink to that .......

post-20303-0-44420800-1454492417.png

• RMweb Premium

post-2326-0-07373800-1454494358_thumb.jpg

Look, a bit of track (part of first fiddle loop) and a locomotive. 

Spotters' doom! This should be 30048 and it has no head code, but the driver's hand can be seen!

Next week I hope to have the CCE on site and following that we might get something on tracks that you suggested.

Ducky

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

If your name was Ellen Ripley, then I might pay attention...

Blimey, I'd forgotten that and that reminds me of something I have been working out how to say.

Anyhow, I'm feeling very guilty. Perhaps I might explain and I do hope you, my friends, will understand.

This so called MR thread has reached 100 pages and it really isn't getting anywhere railway wise and that's my fault. I am guilty because I like to banter and play, however I'm not so sure this is what should be happening most of the time. Please, don't misunderstand me, I have enjoyed most of the OT stuff and I thank you all for your wit and humour.

But, and it is a serious 'but', it must be very frustrating for anyone new having to plough through pages of what we think is fun but in fact is often just a bit weird. In my head I can hear the late Mr Brewin bemoaning the fact that time is rushing by and I'm just not doing stuff and I'm spending far too much time on here. He is right!

So my friends, I am going to have a change of direction here and I am only going to post something when it is genuinely layout related and may I ask that you do the same. Please, please, still be light hearted, but if I promise to stop posting really OT stuff then that will be a start. 

I'm also going to stop butting into my other favourite threads and topics with posts that are not really related to what should be happening. I've wasted too many posts on others' threads and that really must be a bit wearing for folk when they can't delete  something that I've put there that is not really relevant.

So, to ANTB, Peterborough North and the other layout threads I have sometimes 'invaded' with daft comments about fruit pies, gluten free pasties or central heating systems, I apologise. That should cease and if you catch me doing it then you have my permission to tell me to desist.

Sincerely,

Phil 

• RMweb Premium

Guilty as well Ducks, with yours and others threads.

At the very least you have started on SOS - I seem recall in the distant past building and painting (not lettering though - don't be daft!) a Cooper -Craft  V5 Mink  - you can tell how long ago that would be as you could actually buy the things new.

Anyway, RMweb or as it's also known - Care In The Community.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, I'd forgotten that and that reminds me of something I have been working out how to say.

Anyhow, I'm feeling very guilty. Perhaps I might explain and I do hope you, my friends, will understand.

This so called MR thread has reached 100 pages and it really isn't getting anywhere railway wise and that's my fault. I am guilty because I like to banter and play, however I'm not so sure this is what should be happening most of the time. Please, don't misunderstand me, I have enjoyed most of the OT stuff and I thank you all for your wit and humour.

But, and it is a serious 'but', it must be very frustrating for anyone new having to plough through pages of what we think is fun but in fact is often just a bit weird. In my head I can hear the late Mr Brewin bemoaning the fact that time is rushing by and I'm just not doing stuff and I'm spending far too much time on here. He is right!

So my friends, I am going to have a change of direction here and I am only going to post something when it is genuinely layout related and may I ask that you do the same. Please, please, still be light hearted, but if I promise to stop posting really OT stuff then that will be a start. 

I'm also going to stop butting into my other favourite threads and topics with posts that are not really related to what should be happening. I've wasted too many posts on others' threads and that really must be a bit wearing for folk when they can't delete  something that I've put there that is not really relevant.

So, to ANTB, Peterborough North and the other layout threads I have sometimes 'invaded' with daft comments about fruit pies, gluten free pasties or central heating systems, I apologise. That should cease and if you catch me doing it then you have my permission to tell me to desist.

Sincerely,

Phil 

Phil, I understand and respect your thoughts but I have to say (as one of those whose layout topic has hosted some of your posts) that RMWeb would be a dull place indeed if we only ever posted, and read, about model railways. As I have said before in another place, Linn H Westcott was keen to remind readers of Model Railroader that "Model Railroading is fun". We ignore that at our peril (look at some of the track topics...).

Even though topics wander about, they always seem to come back to the main theme and I would certainly miss the smiles, chuckles and sometimes downright belly laughs that I have got from this and some other topics.

At the end of a long and sometimes trying day at work (and sometimes during my tea break or lunch break too) I do enjoy dipping into RMWeb for a while to remind myself that for all the trials and tribulations of the world, models railways are always there to help me relax.

So no need to apologise as far as I am concerned and I do hope that progress reports on SJ will continue to be enlivened and complemented by friendly banter and good humour.

• Like 2

I agree. In attempting a 'change of direction' are you not in fact trying to change yourself? This is usually very difficult, if not impossible, to do.

Mike's suggestion may be worth considering. Otherwise some of my loudest 'Laugh out loud' moments have been through postings on this thread. I for one would miss that.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Sincerely,

Phil 

You almost had me there, nice try !!

• RMweb Premium

Thanks chaps. I'd not want to lose the fun I can assure you. I just need to make some progress and not waste others' time on other threads. It's really heartening to hear that you get enjoyment out of SOSJ (and elsewhere I hope); I wouldn't want you to lose out on that either. Your thoughts are taken on board.

Graham, I do hope Grantham creates the wow factor at Stafford and is not too exhausting for you. I really hope to see it at Nottingham.

So, for now, keep posting the fun and especially the info and support.

Phil

P.S. I think I might have 'caught something' on the Pecoboocode75bullsh1te thread and it has affected my brian cell.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The fact that ANTB, Pencarrow, OUATITW, DitD and SOSJ all (to me) have a similar feel is because of the banter as much as they have superb modelling (or the potential to be a superb layout).

There are many other layout threads I follow, for various reasons, where I will occasionally post either a question or comment, but not many bring me back time and again to be entertained. I may have a more vested interest in the SOSJ thread, but as with the other threads, the genial hosts' relaxed attitudes and are what makes them all essential.

Tim's quote - "Care in the Community" - what a fantastic name for a layout ! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

All this does help get me through my day, I think I'd be taking "happy pills" otherwise.

(At the moment I'm annoying Northerners over in Wheeltappers - well it'd be rude not too).

I've had to give up on my shunting plank for the time-being - but rest assured it will be available for pi$$ taking at some point in the future.

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

This is strange as I thought many folk were getting a bit cheesed off with all the stuff encroaching on the railway related stuff (what page was that on again?)

OK, a compromise is probably required.

Step 1: I'll stop posting pics of nude spotters if you lot continue to advise and help me out.

Step 2: ummm, haven't thought about that yet.

P

• RMweb Premium

You mean some of you aren't already?

Tried happy pills. They didn't make me happy. I find the big pink, prescription only, horse tablet pain killers are better for happiness...

Oh, just to keep the management happy, here's a train or two:

post-6675-0-01470600-1454505523_thumb.jpg

Most would have run through SJ and Honiton at some point.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Tried happy pills. They didn't make me happy. I find the big pink, prescription only, horse tablet pain killers are better for happiness...

Oh, just to keep the management happy, here's a train or two:

attachicon.gifrps20160203_131811.jpg

Most would have run through SJ and Honiton at some point.

Ohhhh. I want, want, want....but only 7 Spams Spams (well 6 Spams and a Packet.)

Lovely collection.

Thanks

P

• RMweb Premium

Ohhhh. I want, want, want....but only 7 Spams Spams (well 6 Spams and a Packet.)

Lovely collection.

Thanks

P

There's still about 5 times that number of locos (Spams, T9, N Class, Stds etc) in various stock boxes. Thinning the collection down is inevitable but I'm not sure how far to go. At the height of the collection I could have fully stocked 72A.

• Like 1