Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

No probs Clive, I've posted a comment over there for you to follow up.....

His idiotness the Duck

Is that deliberate error or a senior one.   :scratchhead:

Con Fuseddotcom

Sorry, it's cause Clive is always being naughty.

P

Seems he's not the only one !

Stineer, Stunier, Stamier, .....Bliddy Miglund spill chicker 

Yours truly 

Assambird Kindum Brewnell

• RMweb Premium

Never mind Bob, that rivet counter from the Sutton Class 24 thread will be along soon and say the Stained Bill Stanier coaches look like a Playcraft class 22.  As apparently everything else does.  But he doesn't identify the Triang Class 37 bogies properly as Brush 2 #sigh#

Dunt Givamunky

• RMweb Gold

Ah, the 'Brush Type 2'. I remember having one of those. Odd wheel arrangement, if I recall correctly, it sounded like aye-up-aye.

Easier to re-rail with clumsy kiddy fingers than a Hornby Dublo Co-Bo though, that was one confusing loco.

Best to stick with the Blue Pullman.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Never mind Bob, that rivet counter from the Sutton Class 24 thread will be along soon and say the Stained Bill Stanier coaches look like a Playcraft class 22.  As apparently everything else does.  But he doesn't identify the Triang Class 37 bogies properly as Brush 2 #sigh#

Dunt Givamunky

Sounds like a good job that thread doesn't interest me although maybe the odd brick lobbed in might wake things up a bit, not that I'd do anything like that of course.

• RMweb Premium

One day, when I am feeling particularly angry, I am going to get banned due to calling some of these people a very rude name. That day may well come sooner than you think as I am losing my patience with those that have no idea what patronising means.

Yo.

• RMweb Premium

Ah, the 'Brush Type 2'. I remember having one of those. Odd wheel arrangement, if I recall correctly, it sounded like aye-up-aye.

Easier to re-rail with clumsy kiddy fingers than a Hornby Dublo Co-Bo though, that was one confusing loco.

Best to stick with the Blue Pullman.

D5572 was my first loco and maybe that is why I model green diesels.

I still have quite a few of them, 2 are being up graded, one is an earlier conversion to a non headcode box version (lowered on its bogies, flush glazed,wire handrails etc). another two are coupled together with their gangway connectors and front doors open, one is still D5572 and another is D5834 the loco that had the extra grilles and was rated at 2000hp.  I might even have another one better look in my boxes one day.  I think the shape is much better than the newer Hornby offering.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Have a peep at the attached thread Spams mate Dava has tried to be a c0cky d!ck again with me aided by his crony Southport

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131953-stanier-coaches/

enjoy

I blame the free-ryders

• RMweb Premium

Dunt Givamunky

I still have two Tri-ang type 3s on their original bogies. Both have had the detail filled off and one has white metal castings of an EE bogie glued on and the other Clive made ones from plastic card. For many years they had the square belly tanks but a couple of years ago when mucking about with stretched Lima Deltics I found I had some spare Lima class 37 tanks so me Tri-angs were upgraded. As for Tri-ang Type 3s on Lima 37 chassis got buckets of them, plus two on Lima Deltic chassis. The Lima Deltic pair look OK until they slide up along side one with the right bogies. One Triang runs about on the Bachmann's first go at a Class 37 chassis. The old Tri-ang body scrubs up nicely.

Only got one Lima, more wrong with it than right.

I have some Vi Trains which have been in workshops for yonks but are nearly backdated.

I think I only have one Bachmann.

My bestest Type 3 runs on modified Hornby 47 bogies and has a Slaters plastic card flat pack body.

Some Tri-ang 37s, me home made one and a Bachmann loco. 

post-16423-0-86787700-1520446949_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Big nose, 3 windows, big nose, 3 windows, big nose, 3 windows..... they all look the same from up here, apart from the two that don't ( big nose, 3 windows, no square bits).

• RMweb Gold

I still have two Tri-ang type 3s on their original bogies. Both have had the detail filled off and one has white metal castings of an EE bogie glued on and the other Clive made ones from plastic card. For many years they had the square belly tanks but a couple of years ago when mucking about with stretched Lima Deltics I found I had some spare Lima class 37 tanks so me Tri-angs were upgraded. As for Tri-ang Type 3s on Lima 37 chassis got buckets of them, plus two on Lima Deltic chassis. The Lima Deltic pair look OK until they slide up along side one with the right bogies. One Triang runs about on the Bachmann's first go at a Class 37 chassis. The old Tri-ang body scrubs up nicely.

Only got one Lima, more wrong with it than right.

I have some Vi Trains which have been in workshops for yonks but are nearly backdated.

I think I only have one Bachmann.

My bestest Type 3 runs on modified Hornby 47 bogies and has a Slaters plastic card flat pack body.

Some Tri-ang 37s, me home made one and a Bachmann loco. 

attachicon.gif050b.jpg

Where's the chimneys?.  :scratchhead:

Tota Lee Feckedtup

• RMweb Premium

Big nose, 3 windows, big nose, 3 windows, big nose, 3 windows..... they all look the same from up here, apart from the two that don't ( big nose, 3 windows, no square bits).

Indomitable, would be proud of your diseasal recognition, have you been on the DITD course?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Indomitable, would be proud of your diseasal recognition, have you been on the DITD course?

Oi, I'll have you know that it's purely down to my efforts to invent a user-friendly and foolproof diesel recognition system, and also a significant amount of time carefully explaining the system, that Stubzie was able to show such skill.

• RMweb Premium

Oi, I'll have you know that it's purely down to my efforts to invent a user-friendly and foolproof diesel recognition system, and also a significant amount of time carefully explaining the system, that Stubzie was able to show such skill.

And for those not aware, diesels can be easily classified by the shape of each end and the number of windows in the cab front.

End shapes:

1. Flat (no nose)

2. Nose

3. Sloping

Windows:

2no

3no

So, Clive's collection appear to be generally of the 'both ends - nose, 3 windows'

The beauty of the system is that the small, minor differences such as wheels, bogies, vents, engine type, couplings etc are all ignored as irrelevant.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

And for those not aware, diesels can be easily classified by the shape of each end and the number of windows in the cab front.

End shapes:

1. Flat (no nose)

2. Nose

3. Sloping

Windows:

2no

3no

So, Clive's collection appear to be generally of the 'both ends - nose, 3 windows'

The beauty of the system is that the small, minor differences such as wheels, bogies, vents, engine type, couplings etc are all ignored as irrelevant.

Will this system be applicable to Pencarrow too.

• Like 1