SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

This afternoon I builded a Parkside FM Container. One of the most complicated kits I have tackled today. I might just build another tomorrow and hope to finish before dark.

I have also started to look at information about the non express trains, not originating at either Waterloo or Exeter Central, that called at or passed through The Junction. Just checked August 1961 so far (I have an actual BR SR Timetable for that summer). There are some interesting examples and not all just 3 Coach Sets with a Van or two.

Daisy Return 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Cassettes and spurs deal with excess goodies.

No doubt an eight track cassette..

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Actuaĺly it isn't really a FY. It is more like sidings where trains get parked and removed so I can see what I like. I will only run parts of timetables. Rest of the time it will be create a few trains and have a play + take some pics. Bit like ANTB.

Phiddle D. Diddle

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

And that's how it should be!

Brian.

I could have a had a slightly bigger FY (and thay may still hapeen ober the next year or so, but this is not an Exhibition layout and there are only a few 'Important' expresses with only one Named Train (the ACE). OK so the ACE ran in up to four parts on a summer Saturday and those formations were different, but I can create the differences without a lot of fuss. There was only one other fixed formation train and that was the Summer SO Car Train from Surbiton to Okehampton & return. Another 'important to see' train was a SO regular for the school holiday weeks, + a week or two either side, Cleethorpes Exmouth/Sidmouth; that had various formations and I can create those too with a minimum of fuss. It/they does/do not have to sit on a FY track waiting their/its' turn. I was helped to come to this conclusion by Gilbert of Peterborough North who really helped me consider how much stock I require(d). He has saved me not only space but a great deal of money and time on coach conversions. 

I still need certain coaches I have not yet got, however I have a lot of coaches I can now move on (if I can break the habit of a lifetime of hoarding stuff; I think I must have been a Squirrel or Magpie in a previous existance).

Art$£y Barsteward.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Shock, horror. Modelling has taken place.

I am continuing work on the Rebuilt Tavern Car (Comet Kit without additional parts as yet).

post-2326-0-91609000-1511012840_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-67235700-1511012857_thumb.jpg

I was going to try to use a Southern Pride roof moulding for this coach, however it was/is probably a mm too short and that is a disappointment. Probably equates to the Comet sides being about a mm too long for the Bachman RTR coach sides. Could I trim those sides a tad next time? Could I possibly inset the WM ends (as they just fit on the brass ends on the coach carcase and those might be fitted just a tad inside the sides when soldering rather than flush with the ends of the sides?). Maybe, as I do find shaping the Comet extruded roof a bit of a fag and rarely get it just right despite using the paper drawing of the roof as a template (see photo's). The SP roof is also textured and has rain strips in place so there's a reason to use it.

As it is the sides/roof edges probably need a thin piece of plastistrip to create better gutter lines (attached when all soldering finished).

These coaches did not have buffers at the Kitchen end (far end, top photo).

S. Oldering 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Funny thing, hoarding.  I can't bear to sell things.....before I decided 50's-60's Southern Region was my future, I bought some BR blue locos and DMU's with the idea of Tyneside 70's wot I grew up with being the next layout.  SO I really should sell them, as new in box, but I just can't!  I may want to do that era in the future.  I will of course live forever. Ah....problem.

Edited by New Haven Neil

• RMweb Premium

Funny thing, hoarding.  I can't bear to sell things.....before I decided 50's-60's Southern Region was my future, I bought some BR blue locos and DMU's with the idea of Tyneside 70's wot I grew up with being the next layout.  SO I really should sell them, as new in box, but I just can't!  I may want to do that era in the future.  I will of course live forever. Ah....problem.

If I could love forever I would be smiling a lot.............................. :nono:  :declare:  :secret:

• RMweb Premium

Spooky. My EM layout (in store) is BR Blue and the one before that (EM and given to a Club in North Shields) was Trafalgar Yard (Manors/Heaton). I still have quite a stack of Diesels and a Bog Cart, almost all DCC Sound and fitted with EM wheelsets. Idjut or what?

I've stopped whording hoarding and am now rid of 2/3rds of my european stock as of Wednesday pm. Well its only plastic and metal after all and wot wiv Blexhit around the corner I'm backing our Great Way Round wiv a larger scale offering. Oh! I do like to get my hands on something bigger from time to time and despite the cost it always seems to give me more pleasure these days !

From The Dark Side :declare:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If I could love forever I would be smiling a lot.............................. :nono:  :declare:  :secret:

I changed it :angel:

S M Artarse

I've stopped whording hoarding and am now rid of 2/3rds of my european stock as of Wednesday pm. Well its only plastic and metal after all and wot wiv Blexhit around the corner I'm backing our Great Way Round wiv a larger scale offering. Oh! I do like to get my hands on something bigger from time to time and despite the cost it always seems to give me more pleasure these days !

From The Dark Side :declare:

Got some of that too!

• Like 2