SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Useful less Information time.

Did you blokes know that the other OVS (S for Snell) Bulleid was born a Kiwi and married Henry Ivatts Daughter ?

He was born in Invercargill on the NZ South Island (also the Birthplace of Burt Munro - think, worlds fastest Indian)

There will be a test on this stuff later by the way ! :)

Fought she was an Irish geeza.

Thank you for educating me, it will take my mind off the pain inflicted on me from my old man's neighbour's dog jumping on my nuts!

Marjorie Ivatt May have very well been Irish, Henry did spend some time there earlier in his career (as did Olly B who was definitely a Kiwi later on, in fact Oliver was partly responsible for introducing the terrible Met Vick Crossley powered abominations to Ireland)

Very sorry to hear about your CRI (Canine related Injury) :O

• RMweb Premium

Look, things are not good here. I've spent hours this afternoon trying to identify what replaced the huge Gas Tank on my underframe when it was converted to trickery (not DCC).  Propane Gas (thanks so much Northroader). >edit

I'm almost certain what should be there as I remember reading something about it in a magazine or similar booklet. Should any of you bright young buttons know what the things were I'd be grateful for your advice. I've already had to advise someone that their nicely built kit isn't correct. I doubt that I shall get any response as he disappeared in 2012 but I enjoyed doing it anyway. :nono:

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Look, things are not good here. I've spent hours this afternoon trying to identify what replaced the huge Gas Tank on my underframe when it was converted to trickery (not DCC).

Is it not in yer 'kin book... I mean King book? I remember reading (ok, looking at pickchas) of the rebuilt taverns but can't fink where.

Ooooo... is there anything in Gould's Bulleid steam hauled coaching stock book (Oakwood?)

post-1328-0-94590700-1511215778_thumb.png

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22534074288&searchurl=isbn%3D9780853614678%26sortby%3D17%26n%3D100121503

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

You’re on about your tavern car? The big single oil gas bottles were replaced by propane bottles, presume a row like a mark 1 diner?

Ah yes. That was it. Many thanks. The boxes were for PG; of course. That puts that to bed as they say in the Navy. It was those boxes I managed to get from Mark Mike of Mark's  Marc's Models who went a very long way to get them for me and if anyone wants any then do contact him as I believe he has a 'batch'. MK 1 boxes would do however the ones from Mark are a good mould from resin and easily fettled. 

Brilliant.

Phil

Edit to credit Mike.....sorry(again).

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Is it not in yer 'kin book... I mean King book? I remember reading (ok, looking at pickchas) of the rebuilt taverns but can't fink where.

Ooooo... is there anything in Gould's Bulleid steam hauled coaching stock book (Oakwood?)

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20171120-220741.png

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22534074288&searchurl=isbn%3D9780853614678%26sortby%3D17%26n%3D100121503

Nothing that I could find last night. I suspect it might have been in a Back Track or similar and was an article about SR Dining coaches.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

You’re on about your tavern car? The big single oil gas bottles were replaced by propane bottles, presume a row like a mark 1 diner?

Propane, all around your brain?

Fitted them this morning. Not sure how they got at them behind the Truss Bars but hey ho!

Phlaiming Eck

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Don't forget the joints!!!!!

Cocaine, joints.... state of you lot today!

I hope I make it to retirement (as in actual stopping work, opposed to 'working' in the education sector) so I can sit around all day doin' joints and sniffin' crack like wot you wasters are up to.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just in case any of you spliffers think I'm being OCD about the bl##dy boxes, I'm not really. It is just that the huge great Gas Tank was really visible like this 

S11a%20SR%20Original%20Tavern%20Car,%20k

Pic courtesy of the old Comet Models site; thanks Geoff.

..........and I know this is an unmodified Tavern. That tank were not there after Propane, all around the train.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYS732zyYfU .........the Master.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Just in case any of you spliffers think I'm being OCD 

all around the train.

Is that anything to do with Steeleye Span? .................... 

Edited by Richard E

• RMweb Premium

Just in case any of you spliffers think I'm being OCD about the bl##dy boxes, I'm not really. It is just that the huge great Gas Tank was really visible like this 

-

all around the train.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYS732zyYfU .........the Master.

and for pudding I highly (see wot I done there man) recommend some of dis...

Cocaine, joints.... state of you lot today!

I hope I make it to retirement (as in actual stopping work, opposed to 'working' in the education sector) so I can sit around all day doin' joints and sniffin' crack like wot you wasters are up to.

Speak for yourself - I've been working flat out the last three weeks, writing up 29 award entries at an average of 1800 words each after interviewing all the candidates, which took almost as long to set up and conduct as writing up the damned awards!

• RMweb Premium

S11a%20SR%20Original%20Tavern%20Car,%20k

Pic courtesy of the old Comet Models site; thanks Geoff.

..........and I know this is an unmodified Tavern. That tank were not there after Propane, all around the train.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYS732zyYfU .........the Master.

Hi Filip

Having just risked my life trying to find if I have anything on the propane situation I could only come up with a photo of one of the Bournemouth restaurant kitchen cars with boxes not tanks, and that is in Mr kings big book on SR coaches. His and Mr Stevens-Stratton's drawings of the rebuilt pub coaches show the dirk great big gas tank. Edit, Mr K and Mr S-S do not mention the propane rebuild. (well I couldn't find it).

My loco drawing folders fell off the bookcase hitting me on the head when I was looking for the folder with the coach drawings in it, and after nearly dying for our art there were no SR catering drawings except one of the Mansell cooking carriage they have on the Bluebell.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

You could still keep the old inn sign on the side? “At the sign of the Flying Duck” (stay away from alliteration, though)

Ps. Theres a miniscule reference to propane conversion in the Oakwood book.

Edited by Northroader

Interesting use of an A4, but things may be getting out of hand  :O  :O  Now that's what we need to stop & get back on track!

you_shall_not_pass__train_by_draugwenka-

Sorry, I'm a bit late to this (burning a lotta midnight oil at the moment - don't ask!)

If I had been on time I was going to ask:

"Is she 'in advance' or 'in - ahem - rear' of an oncoming train'?

(signalling wallahs get excited about such terms)

I've already fetched my coat

A Sleep

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Didn't the Southern get the Pullman company to do all their catering?

Early on and sometimes is the answer to that one. Once things were sorted post war, they changed to in house; early/mid 50s? Can't remember without searching and I DON'T  WANT the books to fall on my beak like wot happened to poor old Clive. 

Philth

Edited by Mallard60022