SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Cease discussion about 'big boys' on this thread if you don't mind. I tried searching that and I was shocked at what appeared...…………..

I shall need to clear my browse history immediately.

Ar$£

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Articulated it isn't, but its a scaled down version of a typical US 2-8-0 to fit less generous gauging issues.  It fits in well with British rolling stock which I imagine must be the minimum for standard gauge.  Maybe it influenced the design of later British standard locos with more accessibility and better weather protection for the driver and fireman, etc.

Brian.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Easy for you to say!

I know the feeling, like you Tim I have read the DJM thread and should have gone to Horrocksford, at least I would have know what day it is by looking at the date of the latest copy of the Clitheroe Advertiser. Instead as I say, like you after reading the DJM thread I lost all sense of time and reality. A bit like the proprietor of the business as suggested by the contributors of the thread. 

Edited by Clive Mortimore
adding an is where there was not an is
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

39 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I know the feeling, like you Tim I have read the DJM thread and should have gone to Horrocksford, at least I would have know what day it by looking at the date of the latest copy of the Clitheroe Advertiser. Instead as I say, like you after reading the DJM thread I lost all sense of time and reality. A bit like the proprietor of the business as suggested by the contributors of the thread. 

It just makes me feel sad and tired really.  What a spectacular arse up.  I think Ravenser summed it up best - 'announced and not delivered 31 projects in 3 scales'.  I've met people like that in my line of work and the damage they cause rolls on for years.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

It just makes me feel sad and tired really.  What a spectacular arse up.  I think Ravenser summed it up best - 'announced and not delivered 31 projects in 3 scales'.  I've met people like that in my line of work and the damage they cause rolls on for years.

I feel particularly sorry for those who have invested money and may never see a product. Oddly enough, some years ago a knowledgeable RMwebber and I were having a drink, and he was telling me cautionary stuff about the chap who worked for Dapol. Then not very long afterwards DJM burst on the scene, as if the man had reinvented himself, and, free of the Dapol shackles, was going to show the world how it should all be done. My informant knew a thing or two, it would seem. 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Northroader said:

Isn’t it Saturday where you are yet?

13 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Nearly...

It's almost Saturday afternoon now. Doesn't time fly?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Tis Saturday here now. A glorious day in in progress, weather is expected to be cloudless and warm.

Good thing too, as No.1 daughter's wedding ceremony is outside in the garden at Trerice Manor (NT).

Still working on the speech...

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Tis Saturday here now. A glorious day in in progress, weather is expected to be cloudless and warm.

Good thing too, as No.1 daughter's wedding ceremony is outside in the garden at Trerice Manor (NT).

Have a wonderful day and remember to check your zip before standing up!

Belton Braces

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Losing a daughter but I'm gaining a railway room usually works if she's still living at home. Good luck Stu.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Have a good day Stu.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1