Washout at Dawlish

• RMweb Gold

How about that porch that washed away Tim? Is the family getting a replacement?

I can only assume at this time (having not spoken to my friend for a few weeks) that their insurance has finally come through. Certainly some of the delay in getting the tarmac down was to allow for any necessary structural underpinning to the residence concerned. If there has been no webcam evidence of that so far, then I can only assume that the loss adjusters and structural engineers have agreed that it isn't required (although I would have wanted something done, if it was my house, when you looked at it close up). Presumably they'll get 'like for like' and get their porch back...

• RMweb Gold

Very odd and localised lightning storm in Dawlish tonight, either that or one of the neon streaks has fallen off one of the FGW mk3s

post-6674-0-91628600-1400111444_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dagworth
  • Like 2

Very odd and localised lightning storm in Dawlish tonight, either that or one of the neon streaks has fallen off one of the FGW mk3s

attachicon.gif30e4364e_832x468 (7).jpg

Looks like a long exposure where a bloke with a head torch has wandered along the road up to the Transit  - sharper top line being the trace from the head torch, bottom one the beam of light hitting the ground. In fact if you look closely I think you can just make him out near the end of it.

• RMweb Premium

Two people (?) are going for a swim......however the signal is lost (no not the home/distant etc, but the Web cam) and I can't see them freezing their bits off.....

Edited by Mallard60022

Two people (?) are going for a swim......however the signal is lost (no not the home/distant etc, but the Web cam) and I can't see them freezing their bits off.....

wasn't freezing down there today

was so hot I had to  come home early!!

• RMweb Gold

From the Dawlish Beach Cam facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dawlishbeach

Thank you all for your kind donations for April 2014:

£181 received in donations from website.

£140 received in Advertising revenue.

Thanks again for your kind donations however this is down quite a substantial amount on last month. Any more donations will be much appreciated to keep this cam running.

I am striving to get advertising revenue to cover all of our costs of £752 a month.

Any business owners would like to advertise on a website with over 1.9 million hits per month, please get in touch at info@dawlishbeach.com or visit www.dawlishbeach.com/advertise

Andi

However, what was it?

Also, I think the microphone on the web cam has been changed. I can't hear the sea so much now. (No, the tide isn't out!!!!) :scratchhead:

P

I agree, I was listening at the time the sound went off, could be the owner has fitted a wind shield.