Washout at Dawlish

• RMweb Premium

Those flask wagons are definitely different to the one that used to turn up during the '80's which was sandwiched between two brake coaches. The flask wagon had two three axle bogies at each end, used to squeal something terrible on two chain curves.

Edited by Siberian Snooper

Those flask wagons are definitely different to the one that used to turn up during the '80's which was sandwiched between two brake coaches. The flask wagon had two three axle bogies at each end, used to squeal something terrible on two chain curves.

They replaced the older type a few years ago.

• RMweb Premium

SWMBO is getting a bit iffy about the Laptop/ Dawlish Webcam show on our dining room table. I told her it was like looking out of a window in a house at the seaside and we can't live by the sea just now so this is a good substitute.  She didn't look impressed..........

P

The dead camera is nothing to do with SWMBO......,,,although she is away, but she said she was going to Liverpool!!!!!!!!!

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I've just this minute passed Sea Lawn Terrace on the train, and saw a couple of technical types up on the verandah of the house where the NR webcam is located, looking closely at it. I'm wondering if it might be about to get removed...

Facebook says 4hours ago Problems with live stream again. Please be patient while they try and fix the issue.

Dawlish webcam site now reporting

Dawlish Beach Cam

Another update. Livestream's whole data centre in New York is without power. Every system of theirs is down.

about an hour ago

Teignmouth station repainting is due to be finished on June 9th. Ha ha. Geezer there on scaffolding today was scraping woodwork 30secs, chatting and on the repeat cycle ad infinitum. I have never seen such shoddy slow workmanship. I wouldnt employ that lot again if I was in charge.

Dawlish webcam site now reporting

Dawlish Beach Cam

Another update. Livestream's whole data centre in New York is without power. Every system of theirs is down.

about an hour ago

Welcome Back

I wondered yesterday if they had fitted a wind cover to the microphone but now I wonder if they have added a "noise gate", which is a bit of electronics which silences the audio below a certain sound level, either way sounds good.

• RMweb Premium

Having passed through the area twice today on a return trip to Exeter, the first since the washout, the amount of work still outstanding is fairly staggering. It is truely amazing the amount of work that has been done, the photo's and video footage doesn't realy bring home the enormity of what mother nature actually did during the storms. There was a reasonable contingent of the orange army along the wall at the Teignmouth end this morning.

Congratulations one and all.