RMweb

Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Starting once again with some Tanfield Railway photos.

post-5613-0-89188700-1483197682_thumb.jpg

Tanfield Railway Marley Hill 10th Sept 2011 DSC_5376

post-5613-0-55666900-1483197671_thumb.jpg

Tanfield Railway Andrews House 10th Sept 2011 DSC_5386

post-5613-0-67480000-1483197688_thumb.jpg

Tanfield Railway Sunniside 10th September 2011 DSC_5389

post-5613-0-57643900-1483197664_thumb.jpg

Tanfield Railway East Tanfield 10th September 2011 DSC_5394

post-5613-0-33586300-1483197677_thumb.jpg

Tanfield Railway Andrews House 10th Sept 2011 DSC_5396

David

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Typo - South Darenth 4CEP 7867April 75 C1968

Should be a VEP rather than CEP

And the 33 is a 'Slim Jim' 33/2 which limits it to 1 of 12.

Dave

Edited by Davexoc

• RMweb Premium

in C1972 of the 33/2, i notice there are metal 'spikes' pointing up - i take it these are brackets to contain the end of the conductor rail if it were to be dislodged? i presume it is at a crossing or similar?

I too would like to add my thanks for sharing your archive with us all - even if the pictures are outside our favoured era/region/subject, there is always something of interest to be noted.

All the best for the New Year David.

C1972: the sheeted china clay wagons look loaded: if so, they are probably headed for Strood, where the clay was unloaded for the local paper industries.

4G was the freight headcode for Tonbridge Yard-Maidstone-Hoo Junction. I've got loads of photos of trains bearing that headcode from my spotting days at Strood.

• RMweb Premium

in C1972 of the 33/2, i notice there are metal 'spikes' pointing up - i take it these are brackets to contain the end of the conductor rail if it were to be dislodged? i presume it is at a crossing or similar?

I am guessing that they are the brackets used when the conductor rail is boarded, like at a crossing point or alongside a designated walkway. Doesn't seem to be either....

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the latest Tanfield Railway photos, it is great to see the 0-4-0ST Agecroft No 1 - it is a bit like the Peckett from Hornby.

The BR SR photos are so nostalgic, and I particularly like that last one of the 2HAP.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65

• RMweb Premium

That gate in C1371 is quite something. And there can't be many schools commemorated in level crossing names. Two other stations I can think of - County School and Christ's Hospital. Though there was one school I read about recently (probably on RMWeb) that became part of a school after it closed.

Happy New year and please keep up the photographic delights.

Jonathan

• RMweb Premium

So why do so many of my captions need amending?

Simple answer - I am human.  Dad and I didn't always write down the correct location (or date for that matter).  As for identifying dmu and emu classes - that can be very difficult, but I don't know why.

The more photos I post the more sympathy I have for those who try to write captions for photos in books.  It is so easy to get them wrong.

Nothing wrong with that.

If I post something on here and it is wrong I would welcome somebody's correction (as long as it isn't sarcastic or an attempt at holier than thou :no: )

Keep up the good work.

Keith

Edit: I only wish I had taken more photos of railways, for some reason I never thought to do it whilst taken photos of practically everything else.

I have thousands of slides (most still in carousels) going back to the 1960s when I got a Praktica Nova 1B but precious few have trains on them and those that do usually only incidentally!

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Lovely to see the photos of the Vale of Rheidol Railway, and also the extra ones of the Tanfield Railway. In C4711 I hope that the loco was stationary! A good cab interior photo in the first one of the Tanfield Railway.

Finally a great set of photos of the GEML. In C5052, there is a first rate view of 47 118 clearly accelerating at the head of the Norwich train.

So thank you, Dave, for spoiling us today with an extra set of photos.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Another great set of pics David - its a sobering thought that the Lad in Photo number C4718 at Aberystwyth in 1979, must now be in his early 40s !! ... can it really be that long ago !!.

Happy new year to All.

Cheers, Bob.

Another great set of pics David - its a sobering thought that the Lad in Photo number C4718 at Aberystwyth in 1979, must now be in his early 40s !! ... can it really be that long ago !!.

Happy new year to All.

Cheers, Bob.

It is scary, in 1979 I was 15 - where did the years go!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

All these people giving David praise. How many photos of trains at Church Lane Crossing, Ingatestone, Essex has he shared, loads but still not one with the two donkeys in the field next to the crossing. I think I will give up looking at these. :no: :no: :no:

Perhaps I will continue because one day they will be in the background of one of those lovely photos of a AM9 or silver roofed Stratford Brush 4. :good:

Edited by Clive Mortimore