Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, corneliuslundie said:

I used to like CT18 for its colour balance - as long as the light was good.

Jonathan

Good on browns and greens, more muted/less dramatic on reds and yellows. More subtle, therefore, than Kodachrome. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great set of photo’s of Peascliffe Tunnel, on the ECML, between Grantham and Barkston, from 1970, 1971 and 1977. The last photo’ of a Class 47, on a down express, in April, 1977, looks like a kind of 47 plus eight. I wonder if the 47 was a substitute for a 55? Also it can be seen that the telegraph poles had only recently been cut down.

The photo’s of The Stray south of Harrogate station, in 1965, are a splendid selection. J427, of B1, 61319, on a Harrogate to Kings Cross service, in December, 1965, is a superb, and atmospheric shot by your Dad.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

I assume that the coast along there doesn't get battered like that at Dawlish.

Jonathan

No, but it can get a bit breezy!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

Jonathan

It doesn't often get very rough in the Thames estuary.

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

Jonathan

And that was 10 years ago today that it all went wrong...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great selection of photo’s of Doncaster, with one from 1973, and the others from 1979. C4317, of a Class 47, on a down express passenger, in February, 1979, is a superb shot, with the 47 suitably weathered, along with most of the air con Mkll’s.

The photo’s from around Leigh on Sea, on the London Tilbury and Southend line,  to the west of Southend, are an excellent set. The first photo’ of 302244, on an up passenger train, running by the cockle sheds at sunset, in September, 1974, is a most atmospheric photo’. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. Firstly, I hope all goes well for your hospital visit tomorrow, and that you will recover from it quickly, and be back to full health. But as stated, please don’t rush back on here, I too will enjoy your photo’s on Flickr.

That’s a great selection of photo’s of Switzerland at Kerzers, on the 16th August, 1988. C11253 is a superb portrait of the signalbox. 

The photo’s of Meadow Lane crossing, just east of Trent, on the line to Nottingham, are full of interest. C4259, of 47328 on a down mineral train, in January, 1979, is a most excellent and well composed photo’, and it makes me feel cold for what a freezing winter it was.

With best regards,

Rob.

• Like 1