Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave, and thank you for all the photo's you have posted this year. A remarkable feast indeed. I know the year has not quite finished, but I hope that you will post many more next year, for I am certainly looking forward to seeing them each day.

Tonight I like those Scottish photo's, and especially the second one of 26028 at Mossend North. A fine view of that loco'.

And I love the Christmas card, thank you, and a very Merry Christmas, Dave.

With best regards,

Rob.

Dave,well what a collection of photos you have posted,marvelous,fantastic and of course cant leave out AWESOME !!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing those pictures.

The other thing that stands out is the remarkable knowledge of other viewers of this thread.

So thank you for the Christmas card,have good time and enjoy the new year,you deserve a break from entertaining us all.

Don.

Let me add my thanks as well for providing the 'Must Read' thread of 2015. I implore you to keep up the good work in 2016, with a New Year Resolution to print at least 4 end of steam photos per week.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Let me add my thanks as well for providing the 'Must Read' thread of 2015. I implore you to keep up the good work in 2016, with a New Year Resolution to print at least 4 end of steam photos per week.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Hi Dave,

What more can I add to d.h64's post, except, and a Happy New Year, as he says "must read".

Always entertaining, and the anticipation of what will he post next.

Just great Dave - thanks.

Kevin

Ref the Mossend pictures, so sad that the vantage point is no longer accessible, it was a great meeting point for Scottish Enthusiasts.  I remember one time that there were about a dozen cars there, everyone had received a tip-off that a class 59 was coming north on a test run, unfortunately it was caped that day.  Luckily for me it did run a few weeks later, and I was one of the few that got photographs of it.

Jim

I presume the DMU is working a Hexham- Newcastle service, and will be using the crossover just after the 'box to switch to the Newcastle-bound line?

Does Hexham see any freight these days? I recollect that, in the early 1980s, there was timber inbound for Egger, and outbound for another mill, Cargowaggon twin-vans with board fo Egger, seasonal beet-nuts traffic for Farmway, resin (Egger again) and coal. There was also ballast traffic.

• RMweb Gold

I presume the DMU is working a Hexham- Newcastle service, and will be using the crossover just after the 'box to switch to the Newcastle-bound line?

Does Hexham see any freight these days? I recollect that, in the early 1980s, there was timber inbound for Egger, and outbound for another mill, Cargowaggon twin-vans with board fo Egger, seasonal beet-nuts traffic for Farmway, resin (Egger again) and coal. There was also ballast traffic.

You are right about the 156.

I don't think there is any freight now, the old goods yard is now a retail park.  I'm not sure about the sidings on the up side.

I haven't been to Hexham much since Mike le Marie retired and his model shop closed.  It's only about 40 minutes from home, but it's not a town I need to visit often.

David

Edited by DaveF

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's. I love those of the Talyllyn Railway, so atmospheric of the line in 1969.

The photo's of Harrogate show that since the mid - sixties, the station has been rebuilt, and the railway has been rationalised. That one of B1 61319 is such a lovely portrait of the engine.

With best regards,

Rob.

These shots are an inspiration to anyone who models the era and was ever in any doubt that weathering wasn't essential to capture the spirit and atmosphere of the dying days of steam and the fledgling era of the diesels.

1A22 is the 11:00 Newcastle-KX

1N18 is the 15:00 KX-Newcastle

1L13 is the 11:30 KX-Harrogate (Saturday formation)

1A16 is the Saturday formation of the Yorkshire Pullman. Front half is the 09:55 Bradford portion & 09:50 Harrogate portion at the rear.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. An excellent selection of photo's of the ECML. About the only thing to have changed from steam days is the use of diesels. You can see telegraph poles, some semaphore signals, and mechanically operated points - not electrically worked. So much still in use from steam days.

With best regards,

Rob.

Incredible how that landscape has changed. Superb photo's of industrial heritage Dave. I think I shall treat myself to a review of all these pages again in the new year. Happy Christmas mate, and keep up the great work. All the best.

Guy