Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Welcome Back...... I'm glad you have sorted the "urgent jobs" out as you say.......

We all love your's, mum's & dad's photo's .......Still, please take time out to catch your breath.....

Glad to see you back though David 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

David, I find it incredibly poignant that you have chosen to mark your return with images of a subject that was “alive” for so long, but is now no more. I hope you can take some small comfort knowing that there are many people here who have never met you, nor will ever meet you, that wish you well. 

• Agree 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David, and welcome back. It’s good you’ve now got so much done - I recall when my Mum died there seemed such a lot to do. The funeral next week I’m sure will be dignified and we will all be with you in spirit.

Today’s photo’s are an excellent choice of subject for your return, showing the remains of the Morpeth to Scotsgap Junction and the former line on towards Rothbury. J7549, at Longwitton, on the NBR Rothbury branch, looking north, in August, 1981, is especially scenic. 

With best regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. The photo’s of the ECML at Bawtry and Gamston, on the 14th June, 2005, bring back many memories and in the last photo’ at Gamston, with a Hull Trains class 170 Turbostar, on a Kings Cross to Hull service makes me think that it’s a bit strange that such units are now with Northern and work through Beverley on the Sheffield to Scarborough service. Times certainly have changed.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I seem to remember that the MML class 170as leaked when new. Did the Hull Trains ones?

And great to see a photo of a Eurostar. If things had worked out differently they might have actually got beyond London on proper Eurostar services.

Jonathan

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thank you as always for posting these pictures, David.  Despite having studied many books and photos of the ECML, and travelled up and down it more times than I could possibly count, I don't think I've ever before seen a picture of the side view of Bawtry viaduct like that.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

The first pic shows that, maybe with a bit of compression, Morpeth makes a nice wee layout - even has a sharp curve at the end of the oval 😉

Certainly interesting seeing the station from that viewpoint, showing the general layout.

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, keefer said:

The first pic shows that, maybe with a bit of compression, Morpeth makes a nice wee layout - even has a sharp curve at the end of the oval 😉

Certainly interesting seeing the station from that viewpoint, showing the general layout.

It is sharp - a 50mph limit.

The first picture just about shows the line that goes off behind the signal box by the dmu. and across the road to join the Blyth and Tyne line and the goods yard.  The goods shed is the big building on the left, beyond it is the old Blyth and Tyne staion building.

The North British line to Scotsgap and beyond used the platform on the right, where the left hand rake of hoppers is standing.

David

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a most excellent selection of photo’s of Morpeth from August, 1980. In J7107, with 37076, on an up pipe train, despite some grain in the photo’ the bulk of the 37 is well caught along with a glint in one of the windscreens. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

My belated condolences on your Mum's passing Dave, I've been away for a week and have just seen your sad news this morning. I'm glad you've felt able to resume posting your wonderful photographs now. Take care.

Regards,

John

• Thanks 1