Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Not sure if I have mentioned this but it came today. If I had not have split my lads drink across the table I would not have found the UPS delivery card which was soaking up blackcurrant juice. My parcel was at the local off licence, which is literally 5 minutes up the road!

26211442211_728de336e4_c.jpgUntitled by Shane Wilton, on Flickr

cheers

Shane

• Like 4

Its together and its works perfectly. Went together without fuss or drama. Which is nice.

Pics and vid tomorrow, just in case anyone hasn't seen it before.

After patiently waiting, now very very happy.

cheers

Shane

Edited by Wolf27
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Mine also arrived at work today but i will have to wait till Saturday to sneak it in as the Mrs should be at work and I won't.

For goodness sakes what is it with this hobby and people afraid of their wives !!

We are grown Adults and can spend our money on what we like after all we've earned it - jaysus show some kahones team !!!

Rant over - better still tell um to get back to washing the dishes and cooking your tea!!!

(Last bit said in jest gents before the feminists perk up,)

Anyway Gotta go - just been told off by her indoors for being on the 'nerds forum' - coming Sybil

Edited by cambo74
  • Like 2

Mine turned up today as well. PC1 and TC1 went together with no trouble at all but TC1 and TC2 were rather difficult. So far as I could see, everything lined up so I applied a frightening amount of force and got them together. A lot of noise (non-programmed) and very little movement turned out to be PC2 not connected properly. Eventually I got it all together and running as it should.

It’s a very elegant looking machine. The nose, of course, is beautiful but the way the bottoms of the vehicles’ ends match the line of the bogies is also very neat. My track has gentle curves, so the fairings display no great gaps and are very nicely done.

The noise is good – I have no intention of turning it down. “WHAT WAS THAT?” “I SAID I WON’T TURN THE SOUND DOWN!”

Does anyone know what F13, “DC lighting” is supposed to do?

Not sure if I have mentioned this but it came today. If I had not have split my lads drink across the table I would not have found the UPS delivery card which was soaking up blackcurrant juice. My parcel was at the local off licence, which is literally 5 minutes up the road!

cheers

Shane

Very nice picture indeed.

• RMweb Premium

Ok ill change the question. Since I have not purchased, could someone kindly PM me with the identity of F16, in the knowledge that it will go no further. I have no wish to spoil the surprise for anyone, I just wish to know what it is since the model will never grace my collection. Thanks.

Ok ill change the question. Since I have not purchased, could someone kindly PM me with the identity of F16, in the knowledge that it will go no further. I have no wish to spoil the surprise for anyone, I just wish to know what it is since the model will never grace my collection. Thanks.

PM sent!

For goodness sakes what is it with this hobby and people afraid of their wives !!

We are grown Adults and can spend our money on what we like after all we've earned it - jaysus show some kahones team !!!

*snip*

I'm guessing you're not really married, are you cambo?   :no2:

Edited by jukebox

Does anyone know what F13, “DC lighting” is supposed to do?

I was wondering this last night but I running tests on PC1 only so not sure.

Also thought I'd post up a nice little point for everyone as being Rapidios first UK offering and given its complex nature support if something's wrong needs to be there. And after unfortunately testing the support I can tell you it is. Credit to the Rapidio team as Bill was sending PM's after spending all day at the York show with ideas to sort my issue, and since he was traveling back I emailed Rapido cause I was impatient, despite Bill even telling everyone responses would be understandably delayed. My defence is it was a lovely model that became a paper weight after 10 minutes. and got reply from Thomas saying it needed repairs and to speak to Charlie was who copied in to the email.

After a few quick emails I sent down the required parts to Charlie on Saturday. It arrived their on Tuesday late morning and I had an email saying it was fixed and a full report (overheated chip in the end) by middle of the afternoon. It then arrived on my desk at work on Wednesday afternoon!

In all that was Just over a week, since posting on here (not what's in the book!) to getting fully working PC1 back.

So full Credit to the team at Rapido and to Charlie and his team. Excellent service from all involved without fuss and a quick around.

Edited by Gordonotron
  • Like 8

Also thought I'd post up a nice little point for everyone as being Rapidios first UK offering and given its complex nature support if something's wrong needs to be there. And after unfortunately testing the support I can tell you it is. Credit to the Rapidio team as Bill was sending PM's after spending all day at the York show with ideas to sort my issue, and since he was traveling back I emailed Rapido cause I was impatient, despite Bill even telling everyone responses would be understandably delayed. My defence is it was a lovely model that became a paper weight after 10 minutes. and got reply from Thomas saying it needed repairs and to speak to Charlie was who copied in to the email.

After a few quick emails I sent down the required parts to Charlie on Saturday. It arrived their on Tuesday late morning and I had an email saying it was fixed and a full report (overheated chip in the end) by middle of the afternoon. It then arrived on my desk at work on Wednesday afternoon!

In all that was Just over a week, since posting on here (not what's in the book!) to getting fully working PC1 back.

So full Credit to the team at Rapido and to Charlie and his team. Excellent service from all involved without fuss and a quick around.

That's really good news.

No product will be completely fault free. No matter how hard a company tries, a few faulty items in a large batch are always likely to occur.

The fact that it was dealt with quickly & with minimal fuss is reassuring.

Just managed to get mine together and it runs a treat with a Hattons 21pin DCC decoder in the power car...HOWEVER....the red tail lights do not come on when running in either direction, the white marker lights are fine and they light in the correct way when i select the direction, anyone else come across this issue and if so, know how to solve it.

Mark

Just messed around with function 1 buttons on my DCC controller, the lights (red+white) do work on both ends but cannot get them to stay on when I reverse the throttle direction.

Thank you. I had another look at the manual and it doesn’t appear in the quick reference table. Perhaps it’s included in the later table in error. No doubt Bill, Jason or Biffo will explain in due course.

This is the Rapido YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/rapidotrains/videos

Some related APT-E video's on that channel:

Not by Rapido, but our own Andy Y:

HTH!

I am really impressed that the layout room in the second piece has 'sky' painted on the ceiling!!! Now that has given me a few ideas!!!

Chris.

Just managed to get mine together and it runs a treat with a Hattons 21pin DCC decoder in the power car...HOWEVER....the red tail lights do not come on when running in either direction, the white marker lights are fine and they light in the correct way when i select the direction, anyone else come across this issue and if so, know how to solve it.

Mark

Please may I suggest you try another 21Pin decoder, possibly a better quality one rather than a budget range decoder, I am not saying its a decoder issue BUT always if something like this happens try to sort out exactly which is at fault, PCB Board on the APTe of a decoder issue.    We fit here Lenz or ESU decoders every time to the APTe and others and 'Touch Wood' have never had a problem.

Charlie (dcKits 01132 563415)    Ring us if you don't solve the problem as the spares are on a boat now.   

Thank you. I had another look at the manual and it doesn’t appear in the quick reference table. Perhaps it’s included in the later table in error. No doubt Bill, Jason or Biffo will explain in due course.

Suggest trying anothe 21Pin decoder to see if this is a decoder issue or a PCB issue.  Charlie