The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Hopefully yes,  POP1, POP2 under construction , early plans for HSFV1, Hastings, Testrol and Pilot.

The model looks better in real life, pics make it look pretty rough for some reason.

So how is the plan for the 3D printed Mr Tilt coming on?

Hopefully yes,  POP1, POP2 under construction , early plans for HSFV1, Hastings, Testrol and Pilot.

The model looks better in real life, pics make it look pretty rough for some reason.

So will they actually run with the E-Train? That's one hell of a job if they do!

Locomotion's next model, The test train of the E-Train, Amazing, I'll go for it.

So will they actually run with the E-Train? That's one hell of a job if they do!

Locomotion's next model, The test train of the E-Train, Amazing, I'll go for it.

In that they're 00 gauge, yes, but in the RW the two trains only ever co-incided at the RTC. 

The usual POP-Train formation was a Class 45, 46 or 47, sometimes a 50, then Lab 3, the two POP vehicles with Lab 10 or Lab 23 on the tail end. There were other vehicles added to the consist as well sometimes, but perhaps only to take advantage of the path to get them to their destination, not for real test work.

The pic below shows us en route to Crewe for some test runs on the WCML with all sorts in the consist. The same shot's in the APT book that came with the model BTW.

JgkpSA.jpg

• Like 5

What is a "POP" train please?

POP stands for Power 0 Power

And was the test bed of a sort of coach rake for the various components of the APT-E before the actual APT-E was built

Kit can shed more light on it`s actual use

Edited by tgvfan

• RMweb Premium

And was the test bed of a sort of coach rake for the various components of the APT-E before the actual APT-E was built

Thanks TGV.

I could only talk about it for a week or so, non-stop.............  :D

Yes, the models I am doing are working 00 gauge to run along side with E train.

Will be self build kits, so however wants one will be able to.

Im just in process for designing the SA bogies for POP, should anybody want them to.

The E trains detail kit is just about done to, pics to come on that.

Paul

APT-E Conservation & Support Group.

• Like 4

Damn, even more nice things to empty my wallet. 

Great day at Crewe today seeing the apt-p ,wish it had a longer life in service.

Snap! First visit to Crewe yesterday, mainly to see the APT-P, but had a great time also in the Exeter West signalbox watching the guys responding to tricky scenarios thrown at them by the railway simulator.

In the last couple of years we've now been inside an APT-P, the prototype Deltic, and a Vulcan; and stood next to the APT-E (OK, one of those is an aeroplane not a train, but all great British engineering marvels!)

• Like 2

Mine arrived earlier this week, I've yet to open the package! I'm dead excited.

Get it opened!!! You'll be well impressed with her, is she dc or dcc/sound?

Hope you have a layout to run her on, I don't, Just test track for now but over the moon with the pair of them.