Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Just looked at your Post #1 Page #1 and it's given me an idea for my next SMALL OO project.

Cheers Old Boy. Now walk them there Doggies.

Mr P there are some of us who do note what you say on other threads and this is the third mention I have detected about a new OO project.

Also Clive do not think we just stalk Mr P, we are genuinely interested in what you and others do on their threads.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Dogs have had their walk but I still don't know. There are quite a few pages where I waffle on about moving to the ranch which says good bye to mk1 and introduces Mk2 nicely. They would make no sense if left with Mk1 or on the front of Mk2. On the other hand after page 20 something the blighter has quadrupled in size. :unsure:

KEEP AS IT IS.

IT MAKES SENSE

UNLIKE ME.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

You could edit the first post to read 'mk2 starts at post xx, mk1 is the previous incarnation and explains why the layout was changed' in big bold letters at the top. Or words to that effect.

That's what I do on almost all my threads that change direction.

See P1 in Seven Mills and Dore End.

Nice idea.

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

Mr P there are some of us who do note what you say on other threads and this is the third mention I have detected about a new OO project.

Also Clive do not think we just stalk Mr P, we are genuinely interested in what you and others do on their threads.

Only THREE mentions,:P (check out Bala Town today),:o  either you have been asleep, or I'm slipping in my Old Age,:laugh: Yes Mr M was aware of this some time ago.

I might even join DEMU:good:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Only THREE mentions,:P (check out Bala Town today),:o  either you have been asleep, or I'm slipping in my Old Age,:laugh: Yes Mr M was aware of this some time ago.

Ever the car salesman  - you always want a new model to play with. :jester:

Edited by woodenhead
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

12 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Such a car salesman  - you always want a new model to play with.

You can take the Car out of the Salesman, but you cant take the Salesman out of the Car.:)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I am prepared to stand corrected but honestly how do you expect us mere mortals to keep up?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Andy mate,

I do recall you mentioning a change was in the wind but that happens so often I tend to just say " I look forward to seeing it" then forget. Mainly because what ever the change was going to be will not be what you start to make and defiantly not what you finish making. :meeting:

As for joining DEMU, I will personally introduce you to the membership secretary and treasurer.:yes:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

You could edit the first post to read 'mk2 starts at post xx, mk1 is the previous incarnation and explains why the layout was changed' in big bold letters at the top. Or words to that effect.

Hi Map

You mean something like wot I has written.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

As his Duckness hasn't reported on how the Exchange behaved today this might be a bit of a bias recollection.

The layout, controllers, trains etc all done their part in entertaining Mr Mallard. Comedy was provided by the geezer driving the trains, sorry the track as it is DC. I happily demonstrated my new double check everything saying how sometimes I dispatch a train to Doncaster for it to arrive a few moments later from Manchester because I haven't changed the point leading off the mainline to the station. About five or six trains in what did the parcels to Hull do? Arrived from Liverpool and I only realised when the Type 3 on the front shorted out the DMU that was about to depart to Huddersfield.

There was one derailment, yes only one (a BRCW class 110)  and that was due to a section switch being left on and the driver when moving something else ran it into the buffer stops at the platform end.

I did well with the fuddle yards and only selected one road that was already occupied.

All in all a good session, mainly due to the nice chat I had with Phil. Thanks mate for coming over to play.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

As his Duckness hasn't reported on how the Exchange behaved today this might be a bit of a bias recollection.

The layout, controllers, trains etc all done their part in entertaining Mr Mallard. Comedy was provided by the geezer driving the trains, sorry the track as it is DC. I happily demonstrated my new double check everything saying how sometimes I dispatch a train to Doncaster for it to arrive a few moments later from Manchester because I haven't changed the point leading off the mainline to the station. About five or six trains in what did the parcels to Hull do? Arrived from Liverpool and I only realised when the Type 3 on the front shorted out the DMU that was about to depart to Huddersfield.

There was one derailment, yes only one (a BRCW class 110)  and that was due to a section switch being left on and the driver when moving something else ran it into the buffer stops at the platform end.

I did well with the fuddle yards and only selected one road that was already occupied.

All in all a good session, mainly due to the nice chat I had with Phil. Thanks mate for coming over to play.

Pics of inappropriate visiting stock or didn't happen! ;) see you next weekend...

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Pics of inappropriate visiting stock or didn't happen! ;) see you next weekend...

Phil was kind enough to bring me a coach and some scenic bits but forgot his inappropriate visiting stock.....by all accounts would have included a Spam Can.......Spam fritters, I haven't had them in years.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We have a problem, the DMU replacement set has returned from Doncaster with a class 20 on the front, yes the traction department is really scrapping the barrel. Now the only loco that is spare is a Fairburn Class 4 tank. Trouble is there is no fireman rostered as it is a DMU turn. The driver, old Fritters, is unprepared to go out with a cleaner who has not passed his firing despite Mr Richardson saying that the lad Hilton is up to the job. Now the ASLEF steward Barnet is getting involved. 

Stationmaster Ramsey has been seen waddling over to the loco shed to sort this out.  

Why can't the crew from the Class 20 take the train back with the Fairburn you ask? Well they are a pair of local lads and their shift has finished and they are joining young Peters the parcels office boy down the Engine and Tender pub for a game of darts. 

All seems to be sorted as traction inspector Enodoc says he will travel with old Fritters and supervise the lad Hilton and if need be help him.  Mr Ramsey seems happy that the train will leave on time but not he is having to pay a traction inspector overtime. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

We have a problem, the DMU replacement set has returned from Doncaster with a class 20 on the front, yes the traction department is really scrapping the barrel. Now the only loco that is spare is a Fairburn Class 4 tank. Trouble is there is no fireman rostered as it is a DMU turn. The driver, old Fritters, is unprepared to go out with a cleaner who has not passed his firing despite Mr Richardson saying that the lad Hilton is up to the job. Now the ASLEF steward Barnet is getting involved. 

Stationmaster Ramsey has been seen waddling over to the loco shed to sort this out.  

Why can't the crew from the Class 20 take the train back with the Fairburn you ask? Well they are a pair of local lads and their shift has finished and they are joining young Peters the parcels office boy down the Engine and Tender pub for a game of darts. 

All seems to be sorted as traction inspector Enodoc says he will travel with old Fritters and supervise the lad Hilton and if need be help him.  Mr Ramsey seems happy that the train will leave on time but not he is having to pay a traction inspector overtime

Sounds good to me.

Leave the cash in used notes behind the second drainpipe on the left.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

All seems to be sorted as traction inspector Enodoc says he will travel with old Fritters and supervise the lad Hilton and if need be help him.  Mr Ramsey seems happy that the train will leave on time but not he is having to pay a traction inspector overtime. 

Where is the photo evidence?

Never mind the Personel disputes, a  class 20 EE type 1 at Sheffield Victoria would surely have prompted some

photographer to invest some valuable film on a record.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Apparently my means of control is so 20th century.  Well I model the 1960s so it is very fitting I use 20th century technology that works.

I feel very lucky I have a model railway that I enjoy, and is simple to operate, despite my best attempts at trying to crash every other train.

I suppose I am fed up with some of the DCC experts telling others this is the way to go but when you go to view their model railways you cannot find their layout thread but loads of threads they have started in "DCC Discussion" about problems. I am so glad the 21st century layout control is so easy to use.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Where is the photo evidence?

Never mind the Personel disputes, a  class 20 EE type 1 at Sheffield Victoria would surely have prompted some

photographer to invest some valuable film on a record.

Hello Tony

Now you have raised a very good point. I have no idea where our lineside photographer has gone this time. I am pretty sure he will be about today or tomorrow. Last time I spoke to him he said that he is finding it hard to get bulbs for his flash. Apparently he has demonstrated his flash to the lady in boots and she was not impressed.

3 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hello Tony

Now you have raised a very good point. I have no idea where our lineside photographer has gone this time. I am pretty sure he will be about today or tomorrow. Last time I spoke to him he said that he is finding it hard to get bulbs for his flash. Apparently he has demonstrated his flash to the lady in boots and she was not impressed.

Now thats something else which is 20th century. Not the flashbulbs, but being able to fire one on a railway station, without being shouted at.

A couple of years back this happened to me when my new SLR flashed, on Truro station. There wasn't even a train in sight, I was photo'ing the

buildings!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

29 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hello Tony

What colour were the Boots?

Edited by Andrew P
hi light
  • Funny 2