Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, rilksy said:

Hi Paul, when they get back, perhaps you might like to pop downstairs and tell them what total moronic, selfish dickheads they are. On the other hand it may be better to text them as you wouldn't want to catch anything.

Brian.

If you did that the most likely thing to catch would be a bunch of fives.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rilksy said:

Hi Paul, when they get back, perhaps you might like to pop downstairs and tell them what total . . . . they are. On the other hand it may be better to text them as you wouldn't want to catch anything.

Brian.

Got a better one: they have complained about toilet noises going down (a function of being elderly), tempted to advise them that they should be aware that coupling noises come up!   Discretion will prevail, apologies to anyone distressed by the mental image.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Got a better one: they have complained about toilet noises going down (a function of being elderly), tempted to advise them that they should be aware that coupling noises come up!   Discretion will prevail, apologies to anyone distressed by the mental image.

Paul.

TMI

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Paul.

Hi Paul

You get on with your neighbours?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Idiots, the bloomin lot of them, I'm self isolating out of choice as I don't want to catch anything having had both the Stroke and The Heart Attack, I'm considered venerable.

I'm even posting on R M Web less to keep my distance from others.:no:

Vulnerable or venerable?

I for one consider your modelling skills make you venerable.  [Look it up people!]

The stroke and the heart attack on the other hand definitively make you vulnerable.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

The dogs do not understand that Mr Boris has asked them only to go for one walk a day. It was a lovely walk in the sunshine, still a wee bit nippy, but it was great to see the tractors working in the fields now things are drying up.

I also had a shout (keeping social distance) with Gav our friendly postie, he said he was not looking forward to the rush of parcels. He recons that everyone will get bored and order all sorts of rubbish on line but it will only last until they max out their credit cards.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Paul

You get on with your neighbours?

All the others, yes.  

We have to tolerate those below - they only moved in last July and don’t quite understand which of their actions impact on those above!  They dry their clothes in the hall by heating their flat, won’t open windows in case someone gets in.  Warm moist air rises and then condenses in our flat.  We have had moisture related damage to contents and building fabric and fungal related illness since they moved in but nothing in the previous 17 years.  Quite often we are woken up because it’s so hot: 20+ degrees with our heating off!  (We Open the windows to get back to sleep.)  Only circumstantial so just has to be taken on the chin.  :-)

At least with them away we don’t get the 50 b.p.m thud from their white noise generator - helps them sleep I believe!

Moan over, thanks for listening.

Hope he doesn’t do model railways!!!

Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

All the others, yes.  

We have to tolerate those below - they only moved in last July and don’t quite understand which of their actions impact on those above!  They dry their clothes in the hall by heating their flat, won’t open windows in case someone gets in.  Warm moist air rises and then condenses in our flat.  We have had moisture related damage to contents and building fabric and fungal related illness since they moved in but nothing in the previous 17 years.  Quite often we are woken up because it’s so hot: 20+ degrees with our heating off!  (We Open the windows to get back to sleep.)  Only circumstantial so just has to be taken on the chin.  :-)

At least with them away we don’t get the 50 b.p.m thud from their white noise generator - helps them sleep I believe!

Moan over, thanks for listening.

Hope he doesn’t do model railways!!!

Paul.

As Spike Milligan said: the two worst things a man can have are neighbours and piles.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

Vulnerable or venerable?

I for one consider your modelling skills make you venerable.  [Look it up people!]

The stroke and the heart attack on the other hand definitively make you vulnerable.

Yeah, Spoilchock earliee morning an not goode:D

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

At that rate three things, piles of neighbours !!!

Gibbo.

Here is how you wind up dentists.  The thing that gives air, water or both, they call a ‘three in one’.  Ask them how it can be a three in one when all it dispenses is air and water.  The ones that were better at maths than biology will be able to answer back.

:-)

Paul.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Here is a song to cheer people up.......it came on the Blood Transfusion Service minibus radio and one the girls said that she was singing about me. :blush:

With that one the others said they had almost raised enough money to buy her a new guide dog. :laugh:

• Like 5
  • Funny 5

38 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Here is a song to cheer people up.......it came on the Blood Transfusion Service minibus radio and one the girls said that she was singing about me. :blush:

With that one the others said they had almost raised enough money to buy her a new guide dog. :laugh:

Hi Clive,

This ought to cheer you up also:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid?fbclid=IwAR2ZtPRsulhXXXmwj2o0JZFX9ViYKyTt9miLcomPrbOz-ojI8Yavz-celKY

Interesting link there me thinks,

Gibbo.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I have enjoyed a lovely operating session, nearly half way through the sequence.

Our intrepid photographer has tried to take some pictures from his bedroom window and develop them himself. His house over looks the steam loco yard , he lives just above the control panel.

003.jpg.b4092c20543eb1cffe9d964da4fb507b.jpg

He says this is an N2 passing on the mainline.

005.jpg.c2dcd7982be1bc3bfb81482832787f9a.jpg

Apparently he is pointing to the Leeds departure.

007a.jpg.496a5d04f111a81764749a7686417700.jpg

This one has turned out better, a 2P arriving from Halifax, yes there is a Halifax in Australia, it is in Queensland. 

He managed to ruin the rest of the film. Goodness knows what the lady in boots has to discard when he takes a film in.

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

16 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

What tune may be played using a touch tone pad with the following numbers, 2 2 4 0 9 1 7 ?

Don't know the tune, but the owner of that number must be getting a lot of new friends lately

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

Don't know the tune, but the owner of that number must be getting a lot of new friends lately

I left the area code off for good reason !

Daft, but not that daft.

Gibbo.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

I left the area code off for good reason !

Daft, but not that daft.

Gibbo.

Except in Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool etc. (anywhere with a 01n1 code) where that could be a genuine local dialled number.

FYI, I haven’t tried it.

Paul.

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Except in Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool etc. (anywhere with a 01n1 code) where that could be a genuine local dialled number.

FYI, I haven’t tried it.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I don't live anywhere near any of these places but that is irrelevant, the question is, what is the tune not who answers the call !!

Gibbo.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Folks,

I posed a little quiz the other day regarding HSFV4 and was requested by @Tallpaul69 to perhaps pose some other daft questions so here is one:

What tune may be played using a touch tone pad with the following numbers, 2 2 4 0 9 1 7 ?

Gibbo.

I am bu88ered as I don't have a touch tone dial pad on my phone.

• Friendly/supportive 2