Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Been doing a lot of pondering about locos, coaches, and tonight what the station buildings, well the bits you would see if in the station. 

On Sunday I went the the Gainsborough Model Railway open day, wow their layout is something else. I have seen it in magazines over the years and watched various videos but to see it running is just stunning. 

Two tunes for you, the ever lovely Bea

And the lovely  Yasmin , Poppy  and Zoë .

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

On one of the apparently more popular threads there has been a debate about layout sound. Why would nayone in their right mind want to be running trains which emitted noise which would try (and fail) to compete with these young ladies.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, pirouets said:

Clive, as a long time observer of this thread I have always wondered If you had to choose between music and toy trains, which one wins?

Hi Steve

Oooo, never thought about that. It is like deciding which sweet to have Rhubarb Crumble with Custard or Banoffee Pie when Mrs M says I can only have one.

Which ever I one I chose, I would be the loser as both are important in my life.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Steve

Oooo, never thought about that. It is like deciding which sweet to have Rhubarb Crumble with Custard or Banoffee Pie when Mrs M says I can only have one.

Which ever I one I chose, I would be the loser as both are important in my life.

Don't try and combine them - EVER.

It's frowned upon to cut people up into bits and then try and stick them back together in what you consider to be a representative of the human race 20-50 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Oooo, never thought about that.

Probably one of those questions for late in the evening after a tipple or two. Think my answer would be the same as yours.

Tomorrow morning will be interesting as have downloaded a Band-Maid playlist for when I go to the gym.

Now I have to ask though, how often does Mrs M catch you sneaking a 2nd sweet?

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, pirouets said:

Probably one of those questions for late in the evening after a tipple or two. Think my answer would be the same as yours.

Tomorrow morning will be interesting as have downloaded a Band-Maid playlist for when I go to the gym.

Now I have to ask though, how often does Mrs M catch you sneaking a 2nd sweet?

Hi Steve

At home, she just makes a rude comment about my waste line, but it is when we are out she doesn't want to be embarrassed by me. 🥴 I always look at the pudding menu first when we go to a restaurant. Nothing worse than eating a main course to find none of the desserts complement it.

Of course the perfect five course meal is Dessert, Seconds, Pudding, Sweet and Afters.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Don't try and combine them - EVER.

It's frowned upon to cut people up into bits and then try and stick them back together in what you consider to be a representative of the human race 20-50 years ago.

Done that.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I forgot!

And it was real living humans, well I looked after them once the surgeon had put back the finger, arm, toe, hand but never a foot.

Ring ring went the phone "Hello Mayflower ward" said the getting fat and nearly bald staff nurse.

"Good evening, I am PC Plod from the Metropolitan Police. I am about to rendezvous with a colleague from the Essex Police. I think we have found your patient's finger and the Essex chaps will bring it to you".

I can't go into why the Met had the patient's finger, just to say the bad men who chopped it off done such a rotten job it sadly couldn't be put on.

Moral of this story, always try and make only one cut and keep it as straight as you can.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Of course the perfect five course meal is Dessert, Seconds, Pudding, Sweet and Afters.

What about the coffee that comes with the mini pudding after the meal 🥧 Only reason I go to the pub quiz most weeks.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

On one of the apparently more popular threads there has been a debate about layout sound. Why would nayone in their right mind want to be running trains which emitted noise which would try (and fail) to compete with these young ladies.

I don't think her hair is quite the right shade of green.

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

And it was real living humans, well I looked after them once the surgeon had put back the finger, arm, toe, hand but never a foot.

Ring ring went the phone "Hello Mayflower ward" said the getting fat and nearly bald staff nurse.

"Good evening, I am PC Plod from the Metropolitan Police. I am about to rendezvous with a colleague from the Essex Police. I think we have found your patient's finger and the Essex chaps will bring it to you".

I can't go into why the Met had the patient's finger, just to say the bad men who chopped it off done such a rotten job it sadly couldn't be put on.

Moral of this story, always try and make only one cut and keep it as straight as you can.

Mayflower Ward ? No doubt named after the Western Regions crack express to Plymouth ! True allegiance to Gods Wonderful Railway is coming out now !

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jazzer said:

Mayflower Ward ? No doubt named after the Western Regions crack express to Plymouth ! True allegiance to Gods Wonderful Railway is coming out now !

Hi Jazzer

It is a GER connection in a way. It was called Mayflower as it was one of the wards that moved from St Andrews Hospital in Billericay to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford when the burns and plastic surgery unit was relocated. There is some historical connection between the mad christians that sailed on the Mayflower and Billericay, in fact half the town seems be called Mayflower this or that. As well as a picture of the said boat we even had a bigish photo of 61379 on the ward's wall.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

There is some historical connection between the mad christians that sailed on the Mayflower and Billericay

Everything I know about Billericay I learned from Ian Dury.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Jazzer

It is a GER connection in a way. It was called Mayflower as it was one of the wards that moved from St Andrews Hospital in Billericay to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford when the burns and plastic surgery unit was relocated. There is some historical connection between the mad christians that sailed on the Mayflower and Billericay, in fact half the town seems be called Mayflower this or that. As well as a picture of the said boat we even had a bigish photo of 61379 on the ward's wall.

If I remember correctly it was At St Andrew’s Hospital Billericay where they had a a consultant urologist called Dr Jimmy Riddle although for obvious reasons he preferred to be known as Dr James Riddle !
I forgot about 61379, so you are excused 😜!

• Like 4
  • Funny 1