Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

• 2 weeks later...

hi ritchard as has previously been said iv been a fan of your excellent youtube videos for ages now glad to see you on here im still trying to pluck up the bottle to have a co at the concrete after watching how you done it (iv watched got to be 50 time and still not got the guts haha )

all the best

Phil

Hi Richard,

Just a quick note to say thanks for making the videos on youtube. It was watching some of your earlier vids that made me decide I wanted a model railway again after over a decade away, and I still use your channel as a reference point when I'm planning something.

Great work on the layout, it looks fantastic and is a real inspiration for many people.

Thanks,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Yes I have to say your instructional youtube videos are very good Richard, particularly the one on ballasting. But I also just love watching the trains go by on your videos, particularly the HST

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Richard . Another great update told in a very easy manner. Great layout and some really smooth running trains. Must get some Goo Gone. Looking forward to seeing what you going to do with the Woodland Scenics stuff. Just one query on the river scene. Where does the river go? It goes under the bridge, but the other side seems to have your newly constructed embankment.

Thanks Richard . Another great update told in a very easy manner. Great layout and some really smooth running trains. Must get some Goo Gone. Looking forward to seeing what you going to do with the Woodland Scenics stuff. Just one query on the river scene. Where does the river go? It goes under the bridge, but the other side seems to have your newly constructed embankment.

I'm still playing with ideas at the moment.  The river may actually be a canal, bog or outlet pipe coming from a tunnel that goes under the running lines and background scenery.

If I do decide to go for a river the background scenery will be changed to justify its existence.

Another great update, Richard. :thumbup:

Been an avid fan of your videos on YT for some time now, and having spotted your thread here have signed up to ask a couple of questions.

What are the approximate dimensions of your layout? 

I'm looking to do my first layout, and your double-deck, twin-helix idea seems ideal, but I can never work out how much space yours is taking up in total! :lol:

And have you considered/do you plan to wire up your signals to allow realistic block separation? Being in the industry it's something I'd want and I see Lenz do modules that allow it.

Hi Richard,

The latest vid showing your class 56s is great, they are a top model. I am glad you managed to sort out the warped boards too it would certainly give me the sh1ts.

Just a thought on the river section and what legend mentioned. It might look better if the new bit of enbankment was removed and some more bridge sections added say 10mm in from the backscene. 

Cheers Peter.

Great video Richard, as are all of them.

As for the river scene, you could just have a stream, a trickle, from a couple of outlet pipes the other side of the bridge, plenty of greenery in the basin, but the basin being there for a purpose, that is, to accommodate any heavy discharge of water, ie: from a lake/power station further up the mountain, etc.

Just an idea!!!

Keep up the great work, and easy listening commentary.

Jinty ;-)