Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

will be interesting to see how far you can see down the canal from the end once it's dry.  i.e. how clear it turns out, if you can see the shopping trolley.

looks great and a brilliant layout. looking forward to the next video. :)

Hi Richard. Fanastic vids of the canal & scenery. Thank you for sharing.

I'm in the process of adding a signal to my layout and seem to remember you built a circuit whereby a passing loco triggers the signal to turn to red for a set period then reverts back to clear. Do you have a wiring diagram for the circuit as I'm looking to have the same sort of operation on my layout.

Many thanks

Sam

Hi Richard. Fanastic vids of the canal & scenery. Thank you for sharing.

I'm in the process of adding a signal to my layout and seem to remember you built a circuit whereby a passing loco triggers the signal to turn to red for a set period then reverts back to clear. Do you have a wiring diagram for the circuit as I'm looking to have the same sort of operation on my layout.

Many thanks

Sam

Ah yes those signals.  Or should I say that video I keep putting off!!..

I do have a circuit diagram somewhere.  I'll have a look for it later.  I also intend to start the how to video properly this weekend.

• Like 2

will be interesting to see how far you can see down the canal from the end once it's dry.  i.e. how clear it turns out, if you can see the shopping trolley.

looks great and a brilliant layout. looking forward to the next video. :)

Looking down its very clear.  From the side not so much.  At the moment I can see perhaps an inch through it.  That may improve as it continues to dry.

Hello Richard,

The layout is looking fantastic and that canal scene fits in so well and is much better than the motorway. I was just wandering what you use for your trees, I will be using sea foam trees for my layout but I am looking at the option of different trees for variation.

Enjoy modelling!

Jonathan.

Hello Richard,

The layout is looking fantastic and that canal scene fits in so well and is much better than the motorway. I was just wandering what you use for your trees, I will be using sea foam trees for my layout but I am looking at the option of different trees for variation.

Enjoy modelling!

Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan

I have used woodland scenics trees on my layout.  They are the ones you twist to shape and then add fine leaf foliage to.

I am in the process of building a layout inspired by yours, can I ask what is the height between the lower fiddle yard and the upper level? 

Off the top of my head its about 7 inches.  You need to allow enough room to sort derailments and do maintenance.  I wouldn't go any lower than that.

• Like 1

Hi Richard, just to add to what has already been said really in that I am an avid viewer of your YouTube videos, and I do enjoy your how to episodes. I believe I commented on your electro frog points section not to long back.

Great layout anyway, and I look forward to seeing more.

really great stuff. the canal looks terrific and the shots you have look extremely realistic. I also like the close up showing that 'foliage'(?) stuff. (the stringy stuff you discovered).

however, with all the trouble you've gone through to get the canal water looking so good, maybe Woodland Scenics could complement their 'Realistic Water' product with a new one: 'Realistic Canal Water' :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Richard, glad to see you have a layout thread, I've followed your videos on YouTube for a couple of years and watched every one and Learnt so much. I I have adopted many of your tequniqies and use them myself, I thank you for that.

Your layout is fantastic and looks well planned out, I like how it's turned out over the years and awate the next instalment