Everard Junction - 88 to 90 - BR Western Region

richard w

That would be my Man Kat1 8x8 

Its an rc kit I built about 6 months ago made by cross-rc.  So far I've scratch built an interior and canvas roof for the bed.  Other than that its the standard kit.  Quite a challenge to build the bodyshell and bed, but good fun to.  I airbrushed the paint job with tamiya paints.

post-23223-0-52934900-1415302571_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Been watching your videos Richard, that NSE 50 respray looked a very time consuming exercise, I think you have more patience than me.

I'm hoping to do a few more rattle can resprays but the only place I can do that is the garage - I wonder if you have any thoughts on the min outside temp that spraying would be feasible ? I do t spray when it's damp, and always warm the cans before hand

Been watching your videos Richard, that NSE 50 respray looked a very time consuming exercise, I think you have more patience than me.

I'm hoping to do a few more rattle can resprays but the only place I can do that is the garage - I wonder if you have any thoughts on the min outside temp that spraying would be feasible ? I do t spray when it's damp, and always warm the cans before hand

Hi Rob

Personally I don't like to spray anything if its below 5°C 

In that situation I leave a heater in the shed and allow things to warm up in there.  I store all my paints inside at room temperature.

How did you make the street lights please? And when you repainted the NSE Mk2s with the lighter blue how did you paint the window frames?

Thanks

The lights are made from the following...

0.3mm brass tube from B&Q

3mm Stanley rivits from B&Q - These make the bases.

Grain of rice bulbs - can run off 12v dc - I prefer 6v

The lamp covers are from some old lights I had which I wasn't going to use, but you could make some if needed.

They are quite easy to do.  Just bend the tube to the desired angle and fit the bulb.  Then glue the cover onto the tube and make sure it covers the bulb.  Check it works and then paint to the desired colour.

Today I managed to get the suburb scene back into position and test all the lighting.  Most of the work left to do now is fine detail stuff which will probably take ages.  Very happy with it so far, feels great to get the final bit of baseboard covered up.

post-23223-0-40935000-1416142799_thumb.jpgpost-23223-0-54868000-1416142801_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-73216500-1416142803_thumb.jpgpost-23223-0-97296700-1416142805_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-67906300-1416142807_thumb.jpgpost-23223-0-60210400-1416142809_thumb.jpg

post-23223-0-29480600-1416142811_thumb.jpgpost-23223-0-00903300-1416142814_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Honestly thought those lights were shop bought or at least kits mate, they are great.

The scene looks brilliant and what a view from those back bedrooms! How much is the rent in those houses? Very tempted  :mosking: Love that last pic.

Cheers. Mike.

Brilliant stuff. The housing estate's excellent. Wish you could come round and do mine as its the last area that needs doing on my layout. The street lights are just the thing. Can I just ask how did you bend the brass tube without crimping it?

Dave

Hi Dave

First I inserted a piece of old wire into the tube to stop it from collapsing.  Then I bent the tube around an old AA battery to get the curve right.  It can be tough to bend so a vice may also help.

Cheers