Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Some people just have no idea about what is an untidy bench.

This is very tidy for me, mind you the tidied stuff appears to have migrated on to the floor around the bench. The bench, by the way, is an old door...

• Like 1

Top tip by the way putting lead sheet under the fret when pressing rivets. Thanks to whomever it was recommended that one.

Ranks alongside soaking scratch brush refills in watered down PVA.

Even better would be to buy yourself the GW riveting tool, thoroughly recommended.

Martyn.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Have you trial fitted the motor and gear box year?  Attach a pair of long flexible wires to a controller and go for a trundle up and down what track you have.  Apart from being a significant milestone, it can highlight any tight spots you may have in the whole drive mechanism from motor down to the wheels.

Nope, still short of the gearbox axle bearings - hence why I've not finished off fitting the tarty bits to the chassis. In the meantime I'll have a crack at the cab.

• RMweb Premium

A look at the cab etches at lunchtime have me worried. The top of the cab side sheets meets the roof in an arc ovr the doorway and then the sides roll over onto the roof in a curve, joining it in another arc. All the curved bits appear to need to be formed from the cab side etch. I see trouble ahead for tonight.

• RMweb Premium

Sent an email to Mike at Agenoria today regarding the bearings and a few fixings missing from the kit. Got an immediate reply and the parts will be in the post. Needed to ask for an extra toolbox anyway (1368 has two). Great service.

• RMweb Premium

If I remember correctly I used a pencil on a cutting mat to form the similar curves on the cab of 5815.

A round pencil that is!

Round you say. Does that mean I can use my daughter's favourite one that's covered in glitter and has a feather on the end?

Funnily enough I have been looking around the house for thinks that are round to help roll curves. I think getting those right is the thing that concerns me most now - they are so obvious if you get them wrong.

Round you say. Does that mean I can use my daughter's favourite one that's covered in glitter and has a feather on the end?

Just don't blame me if she catches you!

Funnily enough I have been looking around the house for thinks that are round to help roll curves.

Yeah, you do tend to start doing that when you're kit building. It's part of the madness, you'll get used to it eventually :)

Chris

Thanks for that. After prolonged research (read "using Google") I discovered that Majestic Models are a casting agency based in Chester and have some lovely prototype photos on their website.

More relevantly, a range of 7mm kits produced by George Dawson, which, when he retired, appear to have been split between 62C models, Connoisseur models, and Dragon models, possibly others too, as I can't find reference to the 1361.

http://62cmodels.com

http://www.jimmcgeown.com/0%20Gauge%20Locomotives.html

http://www.westernthunder.co.uk/index.php?threads/sr-low-mach.2236/

http://www.dragonmodelswales.co.uk/index.php,

Quick check on the GOG traders directory shows a 1366 kit available from ABS models / Wrightlines, and 1361 & 1366 kits from both Agenoria and CRT. Kemilway apparently do a set of etchings (but this only appears to be available in 4mm on their website) Premier do milled chassis & rods. CRT & Tower offer RTR, as does a company I'd never heard of, RPM models, of Oldham.

If Nigel wants to sell his kit, please PM me

Best

Simon

• RMweb Premium

With these roll over rooves I make the centre section clip in, two tags one side and a little clip the other side. With careful positioning of the rain strips the joins are hidden.

Do you have any photos? I'm suspicious that my limited skills will result in gaps if I try and make the roof removable. I'm toying instead with making the roof and cab sides/front/rear as a single unit which is removable and can be bolted to the footplate.

• RMweb Premium

Now you're so good at un-soldering bits of metal, why not just solder everything up and be done with it ?

Causes painting, decorating and future maintenance issues. That's my fear of a fully soldered up unit Stu.

• Like 1

Do you have any photos? I'm suspicious that my limited skills will result in gaps if I try and make the roof removable. I'm toying instead with making the roof and cab sides/front/rear as a single unit which is removable and can be bolted to the footplate.

I cant seem to lay my hands on the ones I wanted but this may give you an idea.

post-13601-0-50083300-1407846839.jpg

post-13601-0-10206200-1407846840.jpg

• Like 1