Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

If I'd have thought of that earlier I'd have done the side without the crosshead pump! Doh!!

Are you not going to make the pump work? It is quite easy I generally drill a 1mm hole in the pump, and use 0.7 wire. If the motion bracket comes off with slide bars and cylinders it is easy but the cross head is trapped. On the 63XX I just built the pump unscrews, but it is hidden on this by the drop plate.

Spending the time on having a smooth running chassis is time very well spent.  It you end up with a beautiful loco that runs like a dog, the dissapointment will always be with you.  If it runs like a well oiled sewing maching as well as looking good, the result is pride in a job well done.

One can loose count of the number of times the wheels, coupling and connecting rods are assembled and disassembled to make it run well.  However, the beauty of 7mm scale is it all screws together.  Whilst it may feel like a faff at the time, unlike what I have seen of 4mm scale with its push fit wheels and soldered crankpins, it is a proper engineering solution.  That is why after 26 years in 7mm scale, I would never contemplate modelling in a smaller scale now.

I agree whole heartily. Some locos I would like a pound for each time the wheels are off.

As for 4mm I always made the wheels drop able, and made as much screw together as possible. I used lots of 12-14BA screws and nuts.

Hi Chris,

I do not know if it's been brought to your attention, or if you are a member of the o gauge guild you would of probably seen it by now. In the latest edition someone has built one and written a review starting on page 21, he has built 1367.

Martyn.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Chris,

I do not know if it's been brought to your attention, or if you are a member of the o gauge guild you would of probably seen it by now. In the latest edition someone has built one and written a review starting on page 21, he has built 1367.

Martyn.

Yes it has!

No I'm not.

• RMweb Premium

Are you not going to make the pump work? It is quite easy I generally drill a 1mm hole in the pump, and use 0.7 wire. If the motion bracket comes off with slide bars and cylinders it is easy but the cross head is trapped. On the 63XX I just built the pump unscrews, but it is hidden on this by the drop plate.

I agree whole heartily. Some locos I would like a pound for each time the wheels are off.

As for 4mm I always made the wheels drop able, and made as much screw together as possible. I used lots of 12-14BA screws and nuts.

Afternoon Peter. Yes, my intention is to have the crosshead pump working, but I'll add that after I'm running out of reasons to take the wheels off! I was only thinking last night that I'd like a pound for each time the chassis comes to bits. Feels like proper hands on engineering though!

• RMweb Premium

Something like this ?

attachicon.gifspam_1369.jpg

You bad man Stubby!

I'll have a look at those when I get back...

Quiet on here tonight, everybody watching Shaun of the Dead?

I've got Goldfinger on here?

Also pondering picking up the guitar rather than the soldering iron.

Any progress tonight, or are you watching Shaun of the Dead?

• RMweb Premium

I've got Goldfinger on here?

Also pondering picking up the guitar rather than the soldering iron.

Any progress tonight, or are you watching Shaun of the Dead?

Late home from work, domestics, kids... No progress tonight, particularly as Shaun of the Dead is on....

Guest Isambarduk

"Are you not going to make the pump work? It is quite easy I generally drill a 1mm hole in the pump, and use 0.7 wire."

Really? I would have thought that the pump would be very inefficient with the plunger such a poor fit in the cylinder :-))

David

Following a brief bit of soldering on my King on which progress has been glacial, I was out playing trains, sorry, running scale models according to a timetable, under full block control, on my pal, John's, garden railway.  Leigh & North Whitton...

Having got into all sorts of trouble with section switches, I am more convinced than ever that DCC is a massive improvement.

Great company, lovely warm evening.  lit signals, atmosphere...  rounded off with a couple of pints of Mr Neame's best.

Gave my little Ixion Fowler a bit of a running in turn - two shots at the mainline, one light engine and van, (one of the little Midland vans, marginally larger than the loco!) and one up the hill with 6 laden wooden coal wagons and a van.  It truindled off in a marvellous manner, with the gentle glow from the lamp pervading the dusk....  Next step will be DCC and sound when Paul gets back from his hols, and then copying David's mods to buffers, bezels, some paint, and weathering to a "clean working" finish.

watch this (or another) space!

Simon

• Like 1

Following a brief bit of soldering on my King on which progress has been glacial, I was out playing trains, sorry, running scale models according to a timetable, under full block control, on my pal, John's, garden railway.  Leigh & North Whitton...

Having got into all sorts of trouble with section switches, I am more convinced than ever that DCC is a massive improvement.

Great company, lovely warm evening.  lit signals, atmosphere...  rounded off with a couple of pints of Mr Neame's best.

Gave my little Ixion Fowler a bit of a running in turn - two shots at the mainline, one light engine and van, (one of the little Midland vans, marginally larger than the loco!) and one up the hill with 6 laden wooden coal wagons and a van.  It truindled off in a marvellous manner, with the gentle glow from the lamp pervading the dusk....  Next step will be DCC and sound when Paul gets back from his hols, and then copying David's mods to buffers, bezels, some paint, and weathering to a "clean working" finish.

watch this (or another) space!

Simon

Simon,

Take a look at Giles Flavell's Ixion Fowler for a great weathered, but cleaned look. It is superb. Post #151 on page 7 here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/78328-ixion-0-gauge-fowler-diesel-loco/page-7

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Yes, it's beautiful, a superb finish.

Bit worried about attacking mine with the wet & dry as it's a lined one. I believe No1 was always kept in pristine condition, but it must have got a bit oily, not showroom - clean!

Let's see how brave I am when it comes back, Paul emailed me today, so it's going in the post to York for the chassis milling whe I get to the post office tomorrow morning. I have the kit to do it but not the time right now, so bullet bitten and debit card debited!

Best

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Spoke too soon. A morning doing work work, then cooking Sunday lunch whilst changing a car tyre meant that I've only managed to get the other cylinder on and running nicely. Mind you it still took a good 90mins to get that far. Loco looks much better with two cylinders!

Photos later this evening.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Spoke too soon. A morning doing work work, then cooking Sunday lunch whilst changing a car tyre meant that I've only managed to get the other cylinder on and running nicely. Mind you it still took a good 90mins to get that far. Loco looks much better with two cylinders!

Photos later this evening.

Now that's multi tasking any woman would be proud of.