Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

Had that problem with a gear - it's almost certainly not that it isn't round but that it is, as Paul has suggested, sufficiently loose on the axle that the grub screw is making it eccentric.

Options

A - loctite gear to axle - difficult to get it out again, however.

B - file flat in axle and don't do it up tight - I recall you already did the flat, per Chaz' advice, so that's not helping

C - loosen motor fixing screws and set mesh (with a blue rizla fag paper) with the gear at the tightest spot - simplest option

D - drill a small hole right through the worm wheel boss and axle, and push a bit of wire right through, & bend the ends over to secure it - and leave the grub screw out.

D works, but you might have to reset the mesh. I'd try C first though.

Good luck

Simon

Edited by Simond

Chris, what a fantastic day out.

I do hope that you enjoy your trip in a "Tiger" as much as I did, some twenty or so years ago.

Just the thought of that short flight still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.  Opening the throttle to full power followed by the sudden rush of cold air on your face as the engine surges forward, then within just a few seconds the sensation of floating above the ground as the little plane gently climbs towards the sky.  Absolutely brilliant.

Wonderful memories that remain forever sharp.  Got me thinking I should try it again for another memorable day. Now where's Jayne put my goggles?

All the very best,

John.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Just to be clear, I want to get this right.

You were going fly a plane.

Then a storm came from Newark, cancelled the flight and you ended up drinking beer.

"Tigermoth" isn't even right for a seventeenth anniversary.

Perfectly summed up.

Not sure what the official present is for 17 years...

• RMweb Premium

Just to be clear, I want to get this right.

You were going fly a plane.

Then a storm came from Newark, cancelled the flight and you ended up drinking beer.

"Tigermoth" isn't even right for a seventeenth anniversary.

Just looked it up, there's no traditional present for being hitched 16 to 19 years. The modern option is furniture. I could have wrapped up the Pencarrow boards...

• RMweb Gold

Just looked it up, there's no traditional present for being hitched 16 to 19 years. The modern option is furniture. I could have wrapped up the Pencarrow boards...

She would have wrapped them around your head.A vacuum cleaner makes a nice present. No instructions come with them though.

• RMweb Premium

She would have wrapped them around your head.A vacuum cleaner makes a nice present. No instructions come with them though.

I think a vacuum cleaner could be on the shortlist for next year, thanks for the suggestion.

• RMweb Premium

So, if you got the solo flight in the old plane ( a gift of love or shrewd financial planning ) what did Mrs Spams receive ?

The shear joy of being married to me for 17 years.

Actually, the plane was me taking 3 years to decide what to do for my 40th birthday.

• RMweb Premium

The shear joy of being married to me for 17 years.

Actually, the plane was me taking 3 years to decide what to do for my 40th birthday.

Hi Chris

Is it really 17 years ago since that day in Towcester when you and Gill got married (I remember us all trying to gets some shade outside the church as we waited for Gill to arrive)

As I remember we had to drink cold beer to keep us cool (no pasties though)

Congratulations to the both of you.

Terry

• RMweb Premium

The kit instructions state that the backhead bits and photo provided are generic using available Agenoria castings.

Before I commit solder to casting, is anyone aware of a photo or drawing of a 1366 backhead?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

• RMweb Premium

The best I can find is here

http://locoyard.com/2012/07/20/pannier-power-south-devon/south-devon-railway-staverton-gwr-pannier-tank-1366-class-1369/

Mind you it is very hard to see into the cab so if you keep quiet I doubt anyone would know.

Don

Thanks Don, just taking a step to try and avoid the inevitable turning up of detailed information after the soldering iron has been switched off!